Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-28-2011   #81
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15235 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Selection 1.11: JJ Watt DE Wisconson

I see Antonio Smith as the one being gone. He bitched about being in the 3-4 the day Phillips was hired. I just don't think he fits.

Gary Kubiak
December 4,2011
texanhead08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011   #82
BrandonLwowski
Veteran

Rep Power: 54 BrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respected

i hope this means that we go after ASO in free agents
BrandonLwowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011   #83
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125690 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonLwowski View Post
Keep dreaming.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011   #84
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 322585 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
We play a 1 gap 3/4 where the DE's are expected to penetrate, not take up blocks like most 3/4's.
Kinda like they did in Dallas?

or San Diego?

Marcus Spears. 8 sacks. 6 seasons.

Igor Olshansky. 12.5 sacks in 7 seasons (playing for Wade for most, if not all of it).
Old 04-28-2011   #85
PockyAF
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3090 PockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonLwowski View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrymcd
Houston taking JJ Watt instead of Amukamara means they're preparing gigantic offer for Nnamdi Asomugha
Not sure if he was just making a quib, due to us passing on one of the top CB in the draft...

But, he's a NFL sports writer for the Raider. So it's FWIW.
PockyAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011   #86
Hagar
Drink up yall, its the Texans!

Rep Power: 8880 Hagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
I have been preaching this for awhile. Both Mario and Smith have both expressed concern about playing in a 3/4. I could see one or both of them pouting and causing problems if they dont get off to a good start. Smith is the more likely to stir the pot IMO.

Hell maybe one of them already has and that is why we drafted Watt. If we draft another 5 I guess that will answer that question.
Its just a gut feeling, y'all, but given Mario's salary and the fact that he's complained already, I think he get traded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
Hagar are you drunk already? lol
I'm not drunk, I'm drinkin ~ Wild Cherry flavor.
Hagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011   #87
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54086 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

If Mario is going to play some OLB then I understand the JJ Watt pick.
Old 04-28-2011   #88
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 322585 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanhead08 View Post
I see Antonio Smith as the one being gone. He bitched about being in the 3-4 the day Phillips was hired. I just don't think he fits.
If we find a way to trade Mario & Smith to who ever signs Aso, then this might make sense.
Old 04-28-2011   #89
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 341333 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
If Mario is going to play some OLB then I understand the JJ Watt pick.
Unless they see their OLB later in the draft. There are some guys later in the draft that can rush the passer.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011   #90
Hagar

Rep Power: 8880 Hagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanhead08 View Post
He's got a pretty good sized salary too.

I wouldn't mind a trade for picks or possibly an experienced CB or FS.
Old 04-28-2011   #91
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 341333 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagar View Post
He's got a pretty good sized salary too.

I wouldn't mind a trade for picks or possibly an experienced CB or FS.
Can't trade players during this draft because of the CBA issues. You can only trade for picks.
Old 04-28-2011   #92
Vinnie
with an I E

Section: 506, best section in the 500's!
Rep Power: 13154 Vinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Keep dreaming.
Don't be surprised.
Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011   #93
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54086 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Unless they see their OLB later in the draft. There are some guys later in the draft that can rush the passer.
So you think a current DE will be traded? If so then who?
Old 04-28-2011   #94
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125690 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnie View Post
Don't be surprised.
About what?
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011   #95
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
So you think a current DE will be traded? If so then who?
Probably Smith. Or they might just use them all in rotation.

But I wouldn't be surprised if this is the end of the Okoye experiment. He was hoping to transition to DE and with Watt here, I can't see that happening anymore.
Old 04-28-2011   #96
Hagar

Ok, so I checked my e-mail and i already have a flyer from the Texans Online shop hawking JJ Watt draft jersey. Apparently, Bob needs more money to sign this kid.
Old 04-28-2011   #97
Vinnie
with an I E

Section: 506, best section in the 500's!
Rep Power: 13154 Vinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
About what?
I quoted you first...tag...you're it!
Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011   #98
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117345 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Bet the Jets take Reed or Bowers
Old 04-28-2011   #99
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

If the Texans want Aaron Williams, they need to trade up now.
Old 04-28-2011   #100
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117345 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Kinda like they did in Dallas?

or San Diego?

Marcus Spears. 8 sacks. 6 seasons.

Igor Olshansky. 12.5 sacks in 7 seasons (playing for Wade for most, if not all of it).
Gotta play with what you got. Neither of those guys are as talented as Mario or Watt. Watt will play in the middle on passing downs and make a difference you just watch.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read