Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-28-2011   #61
2slik4u
All Pro

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 20242 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Selection 1.11: JJ Watt DE Wisconson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnie View Post
I don't give a two shits if he never gets a single sack so long as he collapses the pocket and gets lots of pressure on the QB on a consistant basis.
Yeah no crap. I guess Tkiss never heard of a guy that took over the majority of the sacks for the Dallas Cowboys by the name of Demarcus Ware.
Old 04-28-2011   #62
Spled
All Pro

Rep Power: 52 Spled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respected

Beast - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0gsgyY_QW0
Spled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011   #63
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 85971 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2slik4u View Post
Not sure I understand what your saying.
He is saying sacks aren't everything when playing a 3-4 DE. Don't need sacks as a 3-4 DE to be dominate, just need to be dominate period and Watt can be that type of player. Defiantly has the motor and desire to do so.

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Fitzmagic!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011   #64
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PockyAF View Post
Low-ceiling, safe-pick that can contribute tomorrow. KJack V.2?
J.J. Watt is one of the best athletes in the entire draft. How the heck does he have a "low ceiling"?

I love the pick. Now we need to back up that back 7 in round 2.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011   #65
2slik4u
All Pro

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 20242 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
He is saying sacks aren't everything when playing a 3-4 DE. Don't need sacks as a 3-4 DE to be dominate, just need to be dominate period and Watt can be that type of player. Defiantly has the motor and desire to do so.
This I understand very well.
Old 04-28-2011   #66
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 109012 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

OK, I wasn't all that familiar with him, read up, watched some highlights, he looks pretty good.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011   #67
Vinnie
with an I E

Section: 506, best section in the 500's!
Rep Power: 13154 Vinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respected

The only learning Amobi will be doing from Cushing and Watt will be from watching the Texans on TV. His ass is done in H-Town.
Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011   #68
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 341333 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Good strong pick. Not what I expected because I thought we'd be cool with Mario and Smith as our ends. But this kid's a beast.

I don't hate this pick.

I would have preferred Quin but I understand the reasons behind not taking him.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011   #69
PockyAF
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3090 PockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
J.J. Watt is one of the best athletes in the entire draft. How the heck does he have a "low ceiling"?

Wow, reading comprehension is non-existent with this one. Read the quote again goober.

Herpaderp
PockyAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011   #70
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117345 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post

People are just saying that because he is white. Same thing goes for Kerrigan and Reed. Their measurables are just as good as some of the so called elite athletes at their positions. Because they are white they get tagged as "high effort" players.

Watt was my second rated player on the DL. Kerrigan was number 2 at OLB (for our hybrid 3/4) ahead of Quin and Smith. Reed is 4th.
Old 04-28-2011   #71
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 322585 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
We weren't a 3-4 D when the Mario pick was made. They had already announced conversion to 4-3.
I understand that. But that was the conversation.
Old 04-28-2011   #72
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 322585 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2slik4u View Post
Not sure I understand what your saying.
I'm saying the value of a 3-4 DE is not #1 overall or #11 overall.
Old 04-28-2011   #73
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Quote:
Wow, reading comprehension is non-existent with this one. Read the quote again goober.

Herpaderp
I'm having problems with my animated gif comprehension. WT?
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011   #74
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117345 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Herpaderp
You said

Quote:
Low-ceiling, safe-pick that can contribute tomorrow. KJack V.2?
How does he have a reading comprehension problem. Me thinks you have a writing comprehension problem.
Old 04-28-2011   #75
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 87851 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spled View Post
Well if ever have a game that comes down to your white players jumping over really tall boxes we are aces with Cushing and Watt..

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011   #76
Hagar
Drink up yall, its the Texans!

Rep Power: 8880 Hagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respected

Since I started studying the draft, this is the first time the Texans have picked my guy.

Say bye bye to Mario Williams.
Hagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011   #77
mussop
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagar View Post
Since I started studying the draft, this is the first time the Texans have picked my guy.

I have been preaching this for awhile. Both Mario and Smith have both expressed concern about playing in a 3/4. I could see one or both of them pouting and causing problems if they dont get off to a good start. Smith is the more likely to stir the pot IMO.

Hell maybe one of them already has and that is why we drafted Watt. If we draft another 5 I guess that will answer that question.
Old 04-28-2011   #78
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagar View Post

Hagar are you drunk already? lol
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011   #79
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
Thank you, but no that is not at all what I am saying.

If we were playing in the 4-3 & we needed a pass rusher opposite Mario this would make sense.

This is one pick outside of the top ten. This should be an impact player. Most DEs hate converting to a 3-4, because DE is not an impact position.

People were concerned that Mario would be upset about switching to a 3-4. They are saying Antonio Smith is not happy about playing in a 3-4, even though he has no problem sliding inside in a 4-3.

4-3 DE, impact player. 3-4 DE...... not.

It's like Tackles wanting to play LT, not RT. Or corners wanting to play corner, & not safety.
Old 04-28-2011   #80
mussop
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Thank you, but no that is not at all what I am saying.

If we were playing in the 4-3 & we needed a pass rusher opposite Mario this would make sense.

This is one pick outside of the top ten. This should be an impact player. Most DEs hate converting to a 3-4, because DE is not an impact position.

People were concerned that Mario would be upset about switching to a 3-4. They are saying Antonio Smith is not happy about playing in a 3-4, even though he has no problem sliding inside in a 4-3.

4-3 DE, impact player. 3-4 DE...... not.

It's like Tackles wanting to play LT, not RT. Or corners wanting to play corner, & not safety.
We play a 1 gap 3/4 where the DE's are expected to penetrate, not take up blocks like most 3/4's.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read