Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read


Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2011   #1
ToxicButt
Rookie
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 74
Rep Power: 140 ToxicButt is a quality contributor and well respectedToxicButt is a quality contributor and well respectedToxicButt is a quality contributor and well respectedToxicButt is a quality contributor and well respectedToxicButt is a quality contributor and well respectedToxicButt is a quality contributor and well respectedToxicButt is a quality contributor and well respectedToxicButt is a quality contributor and well respectedToxicButt is a quality contributor and well respectedToxicButt is a quality contributor and well respectedToxicButt is a quality contributor and well respected
Default My Dream Scenario

I think Rick Smith is too incompetent to trade up for Miller or Peterson, so I'm hoping that either Quinn falls to us or we have to make a small trade up for him.

What is the likelihood of this happening:

1. Carolina: Newton (Rivera has scouted the hell out of Cam)
2. Denver: Dareus (safe and productive choice)
3. Buffalo: Von Miller (consensus top 5)
4. Cincy: A.J. Green (no WR's of quality on this team and they'll trade for a vet)
5. Arizona: Patrick Peterson (Wisenhut/Fitzgerald don't want a rookie QB)
6. Cleveland: Julio Jones (Colt needs a WR1, but only has WR3's and 4's)
7. San Fran: Blaine Gabbert (I saw somewhere that Harbaugh liked Gabbert from years past).
8. Tenn: Nick Fairley (every damn mock has this, and it's an area of need and value pick)
9. Cowboys: Tyron Smith (I think Jones finally goes O Line.
10. Washington: JJ Watt (They already have Orakpo. Need DE help. But damn Orakpo and Quinn on opposite ends would be special)

It's hard for me to envion this scenario but this leaves both Quinn and Amukamara for us at 11. I could see SF, Tenn and Wash taking Quinn, but the picks above address serious and important needs.

So, TexansTalk, what's the likelihood of this scenario taking place?

(of course, Smith would break my heart and pick Amukamara when Quinn is right there).
ToxicButt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011   #2
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame
 
Ole Miss Texan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 8,680
Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: My Dream Scenario

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxicButt View Post
I think Rick Smith is too incompetent to trade up for Miller or Peterson, so I'm hoping that either Quinn falls to us or we have to make a small trade up for him.

What is the likelihood of this happening:

1. Carolina: Newton (Rivera has scouted the hell out of Cam)
2. Denver: Dareus (safe and productive choice)
3. Buffalo: Von Miller (consensus top 5)
4. Cincy: A.J. Green (no WR's of quality on this team and they'll trade for a vet)
5. Arizona: Patrick Peterson (Wisenhut/Fitzgerald don't want a rookie QB)
6. Cleveland: Julio Jones (Colt needs a WR1, but only has WR3's and 4's)
7. San Fran: Blaine Gabbert (I saw somewhere that Harbaugh liked Gabbert from years past).
8. Tenn: Nick Fairley (every damn mock has this, and it's an area of need and value pick)
9. Cowboys: Tyron Smith (I think Jones finally goes O Line.
10. Washington: JJ Watt (They already have Orakpo. Need DE help. But damn Orakpo and Quinn on opposite ends would be special)

It's hard for me to envion this scenario but this leaves both Quinn and Amukamara for us at 11. I could see SF, Tenn and Wash taking Quinn, but the picks above address serious and important needs.

So, TexansTalk, what's the likelihood of this scenario taking place?

(of course, Smith would break my heart and pick Amukamara when Quinn is right there).
I don't think that's out of the question at all, pretty darn good mock there. I think a DE could be in the talks for #9, whether its dallas or another team trading up. De is also a good pick for Washington but I wouldn't be surprised if they were to take Aldon at 10 either.

Basically what I'm saying is I think there's a very good chance of Quinn and Prince both being available for us. In this situation I take Cam Jordan, hands down.
__________________
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011   #3
badboy
Site Contributor
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Clear Lake
Posts: 22,736
Rep Power: 123706 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: My Dream Scenario

Could happen. Want to give props to one of my mock partners said his sources were indicating Dallas would take Smith and this was weeks ago. Good work Beerlover! I don't think Smith would be incompetent to not trade up for Miller (who turned me off @ combine) or even Peterson whose weight will become a concern in 3-4 years as most DBs gain in later years. We can get a very good starter @#11 and not give up precious picks. I'm hoping Jones falls to us but think Aldon Smith is perfect or in a trade down, Kerrigan.
__________________
I want to be able to recognize the difference between a "want" and a "need" and then I want to be satisfied with getting a need
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011   #4
beerlover
Site Contributor
 
beerlover's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 12,301
Rep Power: 47040 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: My Dream Scenario

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Could happen. Want to give props to one of my mock partners said his sources were indicating Dallas would take Smith and this was weeks ago. Good work Beerlover! I don't think Smith would be incompetent to not trade up for Miller (who turned me off @ combine) or even Peterson whose weight will become a concern in 3-4 years as most DBs gain in later years. We can get a very good starter @#11 and not give up precious picks. I'm hoping Jones falls to us but think Aldon Smith is perfect or in a trade down, Kerrigan.
Thanks.

Well you know as well as me you have to be fluid especially day before the draft. I'm hearing Watt has gained momentum & split their
War Room which means Jerry will be the tiebreaker. I believe they will attempt to drum up offers to trade down if unsuccessful they will select Watt then either trade back up for OT or take one who fits RT in 2nd.

If Cowboys do select Watt it puts more of a
Premium on #11 from other 3-4 teams needing a 5 tech DE (Cameron Jordan) one way or another he is the Texans ace in the hole.
__________________

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011   #5
badboy
Site Contributor
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Clear Lake
Posts: 22,736
Rep Power: 123706 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: My Dream Scenario

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Thanks.

Well you know as well as me you have to be fluid especially day before the draft. I'm hearing Watt has gained momentum & split their
War Room which means Jerry will be the tiebreaker. I believe they will attempt to drum up offers to trade down if unsuccessful they will select Watt then either trade back up for OT or take one who fits RT in 2nd.

If Cowboys do select Watt it puts more of a
Premium on #11 from other 3-4 teams needing a 5 tech DE (Cameron Jordan) one way or another he is the Texans ace in the hole.
Yeah, I've always thought Dallas should get their OT in 2nd and go Watt in first and that would put premium on #11 as you say for teams to trade up with Houston. I think Pats should trade up for quality if Jones, Watt or Jordan is there @ 11. Or maybe Chargers....
__________________
I want to be able to recognize the difference between a "want" and a "need" and then I want to be satisfied with getting a need
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011   #6
ToxicButt
Rookie
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 74
Rep Power: 140 ToxicButt is a quality contributor and well respectedToxicButt is a quality contributor and well respectedToxicButt is a quality contributor and well respectedToxicButt is a quality contributor and well respectedToxicButt is a quality contributor and well respectedToxicButt is a quality contributor and well respectedToxicButt is a quality contributor and well respectedToxicButt is a quality contributor and well respectedToxicButt is a quality contributor and well respectedToxicButt is a quality contributor and well respectedToxicButt is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: My Dream Scenario

Hey, Mayock, McShay and Kiper all have Quinn going to the Texans.

Mayock has us picking Quinn over Aldon Smith. I pray that the texans don't pick smith, especially if Quinn is on the board.
ToxicButt is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger