Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-16-2005   #81
rocka21
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward86
That is sad that you guys are counting on weather to beat the Steelers. News flash.... Pittsburgh gets into the high 90's with extreme humidity and they just broke camp a few weeks ago. Weather will NOT make them play like a bunch of bums.
I am sure that the heat will turn Carr into an all pro though

you just better hope big ben can play!

not the roof.
rocka21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005   #82
Ward86
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocka21
you just better hope big ben can play!

not the roof.
Ben, Maddox, Batch, Hell even if stewart was still there.
The Steelers will win. If jp lossman can pick your defense apart, I could even play QB. LOL
Ward86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005   #83
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Quote:
That is sad that you guys are counting on weather to beat the Steelers. News flash.... Pittsburgh gets into the high 90's with extreme humidity and they just broke camp a few weeks ago. Weather will NOT make them play like a bunch of bums.
Pittsburgh humidity is not like Houston's.

Plus, your weather was broken down by somebody in a different thread. Pittsburgh hasn't seen over 86 degrees in a week.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005   #84
Crank_It_Up
Veteran

Quote:
you are correct, the heat will not turn Carr into an all pro, nor will it make the steelers play like scrap metal, but it will have a slight effect... now if we could just lure the steelers out to the topless bars on Sat. night
Old 09-16-2005   #85
Ward86
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84
Pittsburgh humidity is not like Houston's.

Plus, your weather was broken down by somebody in a different thread. Pittsburgh hasn't seen over 86 degrees in a week.
As I said, like it will matter. This is just sad that this is their gameplan.
Ward86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005   #86
Crank_It_Up
Veteran

Quote:
lol, it's not their gameplan, and yes it will matter somewhat. I've lived in PA and TX, and yes it will matter somewhat, in addition to the temp and humidity, the sunshine is just plain stronger here. Not sure if the rays travel through less of the earth's atmosphere because of the angle or what, but the sun beatin on ya in TX is much worse than PA.

Unfortunately, unless a tornado blows the steelers team into the next county, game will be a blowout
Old 09-16-2005   #87
LBC_Justin
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 LBC_Justin is a Pro BowlerLBC_Justin is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
It is called HOME FIELD ADVANTAGE. What next are you going to say that it is just sad that the Texans fans were loud when the Steelers QB was trying to call plays.

As an old Oilers fan and someone who has tons of ties to the pittsburgh area, I know for a fact that every time the Oilers played the Steelers in Pittsburgh during the winter, the Steeler fans got down on their hands and knees and prayed for a very cold day with snow. So don't give me this **** about it being "just sad", when this is the first time in 35 years a Houston team gets to return the favor to the Steelers. I hope they cook in that hot sun.

It would be completely stupid of the Texans if given a choice to not to make the Steelers sit in the hot sun all day in those black uniforms.

But you guys are right. It won't affect the play that much, but it might just be that little bit that the Texans need. There is no doubt the Texans are facing a superior team. The Steelers are good.

PS: as someone else posted the stadium is designed so that the Texans players(in white unis) will only being in the sun when they are on the field, and will be in the shade on the bench. The Steelers will be in the sun the entire game, both on the field and on the bench and in those black uniforms.
LBC_Justin is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read