Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 04-14-2011   #21
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 126709 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bah007's Seven Round Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexCanada View Post
...at the Combine...
Scouts tend to grade the prospects against superior nfl players or the mold hall of famers have set for a given postion...its all relative =

Kareem Jackson is a fantastic athlete in comparison to college player John Doe and couch potatoe Tom

but,

his athletic talent in comparison to Deon Sanders or Darrell Green isn't nearly as impressive.

Saying Kerrigan dosen't move well in space dosen't mean he cant do it.

ive pretty much accepted that we will draft:

a. amukamara
b. kerrigan
c. smith
Old 04-15-2011   #22
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28037 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Props to you Bah007 that was alot of work and I like the way you organized. With that said though, HELL NO to Kerrigan in the 1st round. He's a 4-3 LDE in the NFL, not near fast enough or explosive enough to play OLB.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011   #23
Lucky

Rep Power: 218553 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
...HELL NO to Kerrigan in the 1st round. He's a 4-3 LDE in the NFL, not near fast enough or explosive enough to play OLB.
A LDE? I don't know whwere that's coming from. Seems like Kerrigan compares athletically to just about any of the pass rushers in this draft, not named Von Miller or Dontay Moch.

Kerrigan has more career sacks than any of the other top pass rushers (Miller included). He's done it and done it for 4 years. He might not have the "upside" of a Quinn or a Aldon Smith. But, Kerrigan has the results and would be the "safer" pick. I still think Wade would take Quinn or Smith, but I would expect Kerrigan to be able to rush the passer from the 3-4 OLB spot just fine.
Old 04-15-2011   #24
Señor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Señor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Any thoughts on whether or not Rick Smith's Purdue connection will tip the scales toward Kerrigan?
Señor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011   #25
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 126364 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Props to you Bah007 that was alot of work and I like the way you organized. With that said though, HELL NO to Kerrigan in the 1st round. He's a 4-3 LDE in the NFL, not near fast enough or explosive enough to play OLB.
I disagree. My first choice is Quinn, but he was off the board. Kerrigan may have trouble in coverage in the 34, but he wont have any problems rushing the QB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
A LDE? I don't know whwere that's coming from. Seems like Kerrigan compares athletically to just about any of the pass rushers in this draft, not named Von Miller or Dontay Moch.

Kerrigan has more career sacks than any of the other top pass rushers (Miller included). He's done it and done it for 4 years. He might not have the "upside" of a Quinn or a Aldon Smith. But, Kerrigan has the results and would be the "safer" pick. I still think Wade would take Quinn or Smith, but I would expect Kerrigan to be able to rush the passer from the 3-4 OLB spot just fine.
This is pretty much what I was thinking with the pick.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011   #26
nytexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 1436 nytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
I disagree. My first choice is Quinn, but he was off the board. Kerrigan may have trouble in coverage in the 34, but he wont have any problems rushing the QB.

This is pretty much what I was thinking with the pick.
First let me say, nice job on all the work you put in. If I would nit pick with you, I think they would take Amukamara before Kerrigan because then they would prioritize a safety in free agency (costs less than a cb) and no way the kid from Hampton goes before Jarvis Jenkins. Besides that, again may I say nice job.
nytexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011   #27
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by powda View Post

ive pretty much accepted that we will draft:

a. amukamara
b. kerrigan
c. smith
I kinda feel like the Texans will trade back even if it costs them so they can get their NT and LB pass rusher in the first round.

EDIT: Either that, or they trade up and guarantee they get Miller or Quinn.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011   #28
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28037 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

When I watch the video on Kerrigan I see a guy who plays hard and doesn't quit on the play but he's slow out of his stance and slow off the line. I see a guy using his strength but isn't fast enough to get around an OT. He's not fast enough to be a 4-3 RDE like Mario etc... This guy just screams 4-3 LDE. If we traded down I'd rather have Justin Houston in the 1st round than Kerrigan, he's at least played in a 3-4 at OLB and is very explosive.
Old 04-15-2011   #29
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
I kinda feel like the Texans will trade back even if it costs them so they can get their NT and LB pass rusher in the first round.
I would prefer that, of course it takes at least two to tango.

Taylor 17/18 Reed 23/27

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011   #30
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
I would prefer that, of course it takes at least two to tango.

Taylor 17/18 Reed 23/27

I've been kicking around that same idea but with slightly different personnel. How bout after a trade down and then using the extra pick we gain plus another of our own picks to trade back into the 1st round we select Phil Taylor-NT (17-19), and Justin Houston-OLB (21-23)?
Old 04-15-2011   #31
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I've been kicking around that same idea but with slightly different personnel. How bout after a trade down and then using the extra pick we gain plus another of our own picks to trade back into the 1st round we select Phil Taylor-NT (17-19), and Justin Houston-OLB (21-23)?
think Reed will be as productive, maybe more & lower cost. I would make move before Patriot pick but expect him to be around a little longer than Houston. But yeah, basicly two impact players @ positions of dire need.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011   #32
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I am bit weary of Taylor, something tells me that I would rather pick Paea.
Old 04-15-2011   #33
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I like your draft for the Texans a lot. I like the potential and raw ability of Kenrick Ellis.

Honestly, I'd prefer they trade up, but if we stayed put I'd be fine with that draft. I don't really care for any of the 2nd tier OLB's, but I'm sure atleast one of them is going to be good. I just don't know which one(s)....They all just scream role players to me, and I think we need to get an impact player for our defense because we don't really have any that show up on a consistent basis.

But the whole thing was put together really well and I'm sure it took a lot of time. Good job.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read