Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-14-2011   #1
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Connor Barwin/Owen Daniels Workout/Interview

Hard to come by news. Here's my attempt:

Connor Barwin, Owen Daniels do show and tell, Hanks Gym style

Barwin discusses transition to 3-4, new position, recovering explosiveness after injury, his trip to Nigeria with Amobi Okoye.

I videoed some of their workout so Barwin isn't just talking about his progress, he is showing it.

OD discusses his fantasy football prospects, how he thinks offense will do under second year with Dennison and how off-season workouts are going for team.
Old 04-14-2011   #2
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Connor Barwin/Owen Daniels Workout/Interview

Thanks, Steph!

It's good to see that Barwin is on the right track!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011   #3
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 112586 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Great stuff, ver much appreciated. I liked hearing about Barwin, and likely other defensive players, getting cutups of the new defense. I had a feeling they had to have recieved something from Phillips due to how early he was hired on, but it was nice knowing for sure now.

Thanks again, great work
Old 04-14-2011   #4
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 51315 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Ha, Barwin was on beat when kicking the medicine ball. For some reason Techno Viking popped in my head when watching that.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011   #5
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Thank you TC. After watching Connor working out, I feel a lot better about his progress.

Go Texans!!!
SAMURAITEXAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011   #6
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

This is the same story, different angle (with actual production values beyond my Windows Movie Maker) from Fox Houston:

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/subindex/sports

Berman was there at same time as me. I spent most of the time trying to stay out of their camera shot.
Old 04-14-2011   #7
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 63514 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Thank you, Steph. It's good to see that Connor has that much confidence, whether his optimism about his recovery is realistic or not.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-15-2011   #8
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post
Thank you, Steph. It's good to see that Connor has that much confidence, whether his optimism about his recovery is realistic or not.
Did you see his workout? The video doesn't show all the reps, but he didn't look like he was babying the ankle much.

Says in his run training is his normal routine--same running and cutting.

I was actually pretty impressed with his conditioning. I would have been revisiting breakfast with the stuff he was doing.

Hopefully it translates to football.
Old 04-15-2011   #9
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 197411 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
Did you see his workout? The video doesn't show all the reps, but he didn't look like he was babying the ankle much.

Says in his run training is his normal routine--same running and cutting.

I was actually pretty impressed with his conditioning. I would have been revisiting breakfast with the stuff he was doing.

Hopefully it translates to football.
I'm not surprised that at this point in time he is able to run and make simple cuts. Even so, I would not expect him to attain his maximum field strength/recovery until near the end of the season or into the beginning of next. The challenge for him to make a full comeback will be to run and cut against sudden and greatly concentrated opposing resistance (which when applied by opposing O's will not be unsophisticatedly static after initial contact)..............AND avoid reinjury. With that said, I feel that in time, with a little bit of luck, he has quite a good chance of becoming what we were hoping he could become.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read