Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-04-2011   #41
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Players News Updates

According to rotoworld and inthebulleyes, these are players under contract on the front 7:
Shaun Cody
Earl Mitchell
Amobi Okoye
Mario Williams
Antonio Smith
Tim Jamison
Jesse Nading
Connor Barwin
Brian Cushing
Demeco Ryans
Daryl Sharpton
Xavier Adibi
Stanford Keglar

That's 13 guys; plus Mark Anderson whom the Texans had shown interet in resigning.

The Texans probably carry 14 guys for these spots.
Granted, Keglar is a ST player at the moment and may not count against these spots.
Also, some of the players (at the lower end in salary) might get cut if the Texans draft a player high or if they sign a FA later on.

Who do you think might get the ax if/when the time comes?

(Side Note: safety Quintin Demps is on the book for next year.)
76Texan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011   #42
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 320620 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
According to rotoworld and inthebulleyes, these are players under contract on the front 7:
Shaun Cody
Earl Mitchell
Amobi Okoye
Mario Williams
Antonio Smith
Tim Jamison
Jesse Nading
Connor Barwin
Brian Cushing
Demeco Ryans
Daryl Sharpton
Xavier Adibi
Stanford Keglar

That's 13 guys; plus Mark Anderson whom the Texans had shown interet in resigning.

The Texans probably carry 14 guys for these spots.
Granted, Keglar is a ST player at the moment and may not count against these spots.
Also, some of the players (at the lower end in salary) might get cut if the Texans draft a player high or if they sign a FA later on.

Who do you think might get the ax if/when the time comes?

(Side Note: safety Quintin Demps is on the book for next year.)
You've got to expect the cuts to go something like this:

Keglar
Adibi
Nading
Jamison

I'm not sure who they have rated higher between Nading and Jamison. I expect that Keglar goes before Adibi but Keglar might contribute more in ST.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011   #43
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 213038 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
You've got to expect the cuts to go something like this:

Keglar
Adibi
Nading
Jamison

I'm not sure who they have rated higher between Nading and Jamison. I expect that Keglar goes before Adibi but Keglar might contribute more in ST.
You forgot to add 0k0y3 to that list - pending they cant find a taker in a trade.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011   #44
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 320620 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
You forgot to add 0k0y3 to that list - pending they cant find a taker in a trade.
I don't expect him to be one of the first cut. He'll be the first of the second group of cuts.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011   #45
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 213038 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I don't expect him to be one of the first cut. He'll be the first of the second group of cuts.
You are probably right , considering he was a first round pick they will give him every opportunity to stick around.

Rather than playing him at DT , I think they should experiment with him at DE in this 34 setup , I really get the idea that's the position he's best suited for.

If he gets cut or changes position it increases the need for at least a rotational player at the NT spot. You cant expect two guy's to hold that position down for an entire season.

I'd really like to see them move down in the draft and see them end up with a low #1 and two #2's. with the idea of picking up Akeem Ayers , Stephen Paea and Aaron Williams.

With that group they address three need positions and get value at the respective picks.

Its kinda funny , everyone and their grandmother knows the Texans need help at those three positions along with CB but almost every mock I've seen has them taking one of the DE's. Do they read the shit they post ?

I'll likely do a mock in the next few days .... havent had time to get down to the lower round graded players yet so anything at this point would be incomplete.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011   #46
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 382259 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Rather than playing him at DT , I think they should experiment with him at DE in this 34 setup , I really get the idea that's the position he's best suited for.
Obviously time will tell but I think that is exactly right. I see him as a young Gary Walker spelling both Mario and Smith at DE and coming in at DT when they run a 4-3 set.
Old 04-12-2011   #47
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21314 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

While he's not a Texan player, it's worth mentioning that in today's chat, McClain mentioned that Wade Phillips had knee replacement surgery two weeks ago. One of two things could come from this:

a) Wade's hopped up on goofballs and hasn't been able to get much done in the way of draft prep.

b) Wade's been laying in bed with a video monitor and a coaches clicker obsessively staring at game tape and he'll be better prepared than usual.

Here's hoping it's "b".
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011   #48
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 242285 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrett View Post
While he's not a Texan player, it's worth mentioning that in today's chat, McClain mentioned that Wade Phillips had knee replacement surgery two weeks ago. One of two things could come from this:

a) Wade's hopped up on goofballs and hasn't been able to get much done in the way of draft prep.

b) Wade's been laying in bed with a video monitor and a coaches clicker obsessively staring at game tape and he'll be better prepared than usual.

Here's hoping it's "b".
Not usually an easy surgery. Those goofballs you speak of have probably been a regular staple of Wade's diet.......along with lots of fiber.

Under the circumstances, I don't know how much intense concentration he would have been able to give the draft as of late.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011   #49
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21314 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

I know I don't get much done when I'm hopped up on them.
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011   #50
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Not usually an easy surgery. Those goofballs you speak of have probably been a regular staple of Wade's diet.......along with lots of fiber.
That and the jelly beans he kept in his red gunny sack attached to his belt on the sidelines. (Know to 30 other head coaches as the red challenge flag)
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read