Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-07-2011   #21
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96562 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: How Much Longer will Texans get Production from A.J

I hope Andre's elite ability holds up for another 5-6 years, but he has picked up a lot of little injuries along the way. If you really watch Andre after the catch, he takes a lot more punishment than your average receiver or even normal super star receiver....especially in this west coast offense.

I've especially noticed this in our games against the Titans, they are extremely physical/boarder line dirty against Andre. Almost like they were coached to be.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011   #22
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 17572 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

I give AJ about 5 more years of beasting, and the rest still being productive. He'll know when it's time to hang it up.
Old 04-08-2011   #23
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46599 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

I think he can play for several more years and be productive and even remain our #1 receiver, but IMO he's already peaked which would have been in the 2009 season. AJ will be 30 this summer.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011   #24
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Unfortunately, if Weary can't get us into the playoffs this year we may end up wasting him or losing him.

Shame too, cuz he's such a beast.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011   #25
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96562 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
or losing him.

Shame too, cuz he's such a beast.
Losing him to who?
Old 04-09-2011   #26
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202148 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
I dont believe drafting Jones would mean he is the eventual replacement for AJ but more of a compliment to AJ. With another top flight reciever opposite him , teams would have a much more difficult time getting blanket or double coverage on either player.

As much as I'd like to see a second top flight WR on the other side of the field , if they were to use their first rounder on a WR this year I'd be furious. The offense is as good as any in the league , its the defense thats broken and if we want to reach the playoffs its the defense that must be fixed.

WR is a luxury pick the Texans cant afford.
AJ not only positively affects our passing game, but also our running game. If AJ goes down or gets gimpy like last year, and we have only a JJ and Walters to fall back on again, I'll be scared about our O going down while our D tries to claw its way up.......and I'd be furious.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011   #27
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
AJ not only positively affects our passing game, but also our running game. If AJ goes down or gets gimpy like last year, and we have only a JJ and Walters to fall back on again, I'll be scared about our O going down while our D tries to claw its way up.......and I'd be furious.
We need a legit #2 WR, we've needed one for a few seasons now. AJ is getting to that age where we need to get him a "Robin" (who has the ability to become your future #1). He's never had a player like that lined up opposite him.

I'm tired of the Jacoby Jones experiment. I'd be happy if they'd just wash their hands of that and move on. Maybe Dorin Dickerson can explode out of nowhere if there's ever a camp, but I'm hoping they add someone through the draft also.
Old 04-09-2011   #28
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11524 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

How old was donald driver in greenbay and whoever there #2 is.
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011   #29
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
Losing him to who?
To whomever.

If the Texans continue to suck, I do not expect him to just hang around. I'd expect him to quietly ask for a trade.
Old 04-09-2011   #30
NBT
Veteran

Rep Power: 124 NBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respected

A decent #2 receiver would take a lot of heat off AJ, making it easier for him to keep going longer.
NBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011   #31
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
To whomever.

If the Texans continue to suck, I do not expect him to just hang around. I'd expect him to quietly ask for a trade.
Yeah and he's under contract......Houston doesn't have to honor his trade requests.

Andre Johnson isn't going anywhere as long as he's productive and the team wants him here.
Old 04-09-2011   #32
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11524 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

How long was his new contract here ???? When it's up I thinking he will be near 40 Hopefully aj retires has a Texan
Old 04-09-2011   #33
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Yeah and he's under contract......Houston doesn't have to honor his trade requests.

Andre Johnson isn't going anywhere as long as he's productive and the team wants him here.
Right...

Because we've never seen a player under contract make demands of the team that they didn't have to honor...

Oh wait...Andre just did not too long ago.

I know he's under contract..."request a trade" is what I said...not "leave via FA"....

And honestly, I think that Bob McNair would grant his request.
Old 04-10-2011   #34
Norg
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Right...

Because we've never seen a player under contract make demands of the team that they didn't have to honor...

I know he's under contract..."request a trade" is what I said...not "leave via FA"....

depends on what we get we are not going to let him walk for free

i would think anything less then a 1st round pick would be a no go
Old 04-10-2011   #35
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331516 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Right...

Very seriously doubt Bob McNair would trade his first ring of honor and potential hall of famer away. And AJ isn't Ochocinco.
Old 04-10-2011   #36
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Very seriously doubt Bob McNair would trade his first ring of honor and potential hall of famer away. And AJ isn't Ochocinco.
I think he'd quietly request a trade. I don't think he'd do it like Ocho...But that's really not relevant as if Ocho is the only player to request a trade...

And I'm not saying that he will definitely want out, but when you are as good as he is and you are on a team whose best record is 9-7 without a play-off appearance your mind starts to wander...

He's human.

As far as McNair goes, we can just agree to disagree on that one. Just seeing how he has operated in the past when it came to players/personnel he liked leads me to believe he would begrudgingly comply.
Old 04-11-2011   #37
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Right...

What are you talking about? I never said anything about FA. LOL, Andre is not going anywhere. Bob McNair is not trading Andre Johnson as long as he's productive and has value to the Texans

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 04-11-2011 at 03:35 PM.
Old 04-11-2011   #38
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I think he'd quietly request a trade. I don't think he'd do it like Ocho...But that's really not relevant as if Ocho is the only player to request a trade...

And I'm not saying that he will definitely want out, but when you are as good as he is and you are on a team whose best record is 9-7 without a play-off appearance your mind starts to wander...

He's human.

As far as McNair goes, we can just agree to disagree ont that one. Just seeing how he has operated in the past when it came to players/personnel he liked leads me to believe he would begrudgingly comply.
And just like Chad Johnson said... the only players who can dictate their fate or successfully demand a trade are QBs. Andre Johnson isn't going anywhere. Even if he demands a trade (which I doubt he ever will), he isn't going anywhere.

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 04-11-2011 at 03:34 PM.
Old 04-11-2011   #39
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 93451 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
What are you talking about? I never said anything about FA. LOL, Andre IS NOT GOING ANYWHERE. Bob McNair is not trading Andre Johnson as long as he's productive and has value to the Texans
If he and Andre are smart, Andre will retire a Texan. Greatest player for a young franchise is not something you let walk. Fans pay to see the players they love. I will pay to see AJ even after his prime years just to see him pull one out now and then.
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read