Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-14-2005   #41
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak
I did and IMO people (not speaking of anyone in particular) are taking the observation that only 1 sack came from the OL and running too much with it. Basically, too many people, not everyone but too many, want to act like there are culprits and good guys on this. As far as I am concerned there were nothing but mediocre guys out there on offense last week. Now was that their full potential?--no way and it really is pretty silly to act like it is.

The Culprit was the WHOLE OFFENSIVE UNIT ... this includes the coaching staff .......Was that their full potential ? LORD no , they have shown in the past that they CAN put up some good numbers ...... just hasnt been lately

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005   #42
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72
I do not remember seeing a DL het a sack, although I didn't tape the 1st half. It was not the O-line that blew it. Bradford never gets open, our O-linemen are the only ones who DID pass block, and Carr is running when it's not necessary.
I think the weakside DE, on a stunt got a sack and otherwise the
OL was solid in pass protection in the first half. My apologies to the OL,
my first impression of their performance grossly underrated them.
DC did not play well, no doubt about it, though he would have to hustle
to get a lower rating than some other skill position players. Of course, when
he screws up its usually more costly. Atleast he made a couple plays, I can't think of one impressive catch the recievers collectively made. And the blocking by the RBs, as others have said was sorry.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005   #43
wags
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23 wags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72
I do not remember seeing a DL het a sack, although I didn't tape the 1st half.
Their DE's got three sacks.
Old 09-14-2005   #44
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

The five sacks were recorded by

RDE Aaron Schobel (2)

ROLB Takeo Spikes (1)

LDE Chris Kelsay (1)

LCB Jabari Greer (1) (Greer is listed as the 2nd string LCB .. Nickle back ?)

Looking at it on PAPER you would think the Texans Tackles were responsible for at least THREE of those as in general its the Tackles job to block the DE..... The other TWO would be the responsibility of the FB/RB/TE

Old 09-14-2005   #45
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 39244 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Can someone explain to me

When DC has time to make the throw he wants and the pass flies over or short of the open, targeted reciever how in the world is that the OLines fault or a recievers fault?

If I hear 140 sacks again used in the same paragraph as The O line stinks or has not gotten better I am going to virtually scream (got to be an icon for that).

Carr has been sacked 64 times in the last two years - 15 in 2003 and 49 in 2003, which is more in line with the type of pounding a QB would take over the course of a full season.

I ask you to watch any game of David Carr and it is practically the same piece of footwork every time. Set his back foot (the right) and throw a pass to his locked in receiver or cut and run. He may have the worst feel for the game in this regard. How about a step up into the pocket, how about a step to the left or to the right so that he can actually see the other recievers for once. We do not notice the other WR's because David does not notice them. I bet Palmer has a chart on how many times DC actually went thorugh all the progressions and it ain't pretty.

This may be the reason why our staff is at odds - Palmer wants to open it up, but he has a limited QB, but cannot say a dern thing. Palmer has a head coach that wants ball control, but how do you set up the run when the passing his horrible or your backfield can pick up any blitzes?

I will not bury my head into the sand for the highest paid player on the roster. Once again he has the tools, but a lot left to be desired for the money we are paying him.
Old 09-14-2005   #46
Tayton
Veteran

Looking back I can remember people complaining that Carr threw too hard. Lately his arm strength doesn't seem to be there. I hate to make excuses for him, because he does make a ton of money and we already ragged on the O-Line, but I think this team could go a long way with some guys who could make some plays at receiver. I thought going into this year that WR was one of the strongest positions on the team. I have not seen it, throughout the preseason nor last week. Alot of good QBs take chances at throws, Try to put the ball in a place where the receiver can maybe make a play and let the receiver make it. I saw Carr do that the first couple of years, now I don't. Maybe because the receiver rarely makes the play, maybe because he doesn't want to make a mistake, maybe he's just not that good. At any rate, with they're awful game planning, and unbeleivable predictability I think this staff is turning Carr into a Couch.
Tayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005   #47
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Did you know??? David Carr trivia...

David Carr has had over 200 net passing yards a grand total of (1) time since week 8 of last year.

He had 208 against a terrible Chicago Bears team in week 15.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005   #48
thetexanator
All Pro

Rep Power: 3484 thetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respected

hey, its not his fault. the oline didnt give him enough time.
oh and that stuff is irrelevant. this is a whole new season, his performance last year and in the last two preseason games and his horrible performance in buffalo dont mean squat. hes only in his 4th year, you need to at least throw money at him and give him a grade after his second contract. your not a real fan like me.
thetexanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005   #49
Elite
Veteran

Do yall know what heath shuler and david carr have in common.
Old 09-14-2005   #50
Ihategeeks
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Ihategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of FamerIhategeeks is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Second Carr has ONE , count them ONE NFL calibur reciever to throw to and he's usually double or triple covered .
Which means someone else is single covered
Which brings us back to my point.
Carr Locks on his #1 read too long.
Old 09-14-2005   #51
SESupergenius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihategeeks
No it means that other teams can afford to double cover because they can hanlde one-one coverage on everyone else
Old 09-14-2005   #52
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

Quote:
They may be single covered, but they are not open and they don't know how to get open. Even worse is they can't catch the ball if you do throw it to them.
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005   #53
NFLforher
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite
Do yall know what heath shuler and david carr have in common.

Nothing.
NFLforher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005   #54
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 69008 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus
I'll just repeat what I said on another thread.

I listen a lot to NFL Sirius Radio . . and Pat Kirwin put it in far better words than I ever could. He said that the Houston Texans are well on their way to turning David Carr . . into another Tim Couch.

And Ill add -

It won't be long before the fans at Reliant Stadium will treat him like Tim Couch, too.

I have heard the Tim Couch reference on several shows myself . Kevin Wheeler and Rick Ballou were talking about this on Tuesday night . I think David has more than Couch did , but if he keeps getting smashed every Sunday he will never live up to his potential .

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005   #55
lucky13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddevil63
Let me throw 300 lbs defensive lineman at you 143 times in 3 years and tell me if you wont look a little discouraged when you realize there is no end in sight.
give it a rest, lack. he's being paid millions of dollars to do it.
Old 09-15-2005   #56
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Quote:

ONE NFL Calibur Reciever .... The other's are a Waste Of Roster Space

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky13
give it a rest, lack. he's being paid millions of dollars to do it.

Just because he's being paid millions of dollars to do it does not mean it doesnt affect his job performance .

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read