Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 03-30-2011   #21
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331852 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Pats 2 firsts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Thats what Im getting at - It increases the value of earlier picks.
I think you are both correct but overlooking the boomerang on this. When the chart was done rookie salaries weren't out of whack so the price was about talent. In the last ten years the salaries have gone nuts and so the top of the draft was devalued compared to the chart. Now if the salaries are reined in the value will return to those top picks and the chart will become more accurate than it has been for the last few years.
Old 03-30-2011   #22
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94431 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Screw it give NE our 1st, 2nd, 3rd and next years first for their 2 firsts and their second. So its 17, 28 and 33 for 11, 42, 73 and next years first.

Wonder if they would bite.

I would love to come out of this draft with say-
17 Muhammad Wilkerson DT Temple
28 Jimmy Smith CB Colorado
33 Brooks Reed LB Arizona

or

17 Ryan Kerrigan DE Purdue
28 Phil Taylor DT Baylor
33 Aaron Williams CB/FS Texas

There would be plenty of talent in that area to choose from.

Corey Liuget DT Illinois
Anthony Castonzo OT Boston College
Ryan Kerrigan DE Purdue
Muhammad Wilkerson DT Temple
Gabe Carimi OT Wisconsin
Jimmy Smith CB Colorado (O)
Justin Houston LB Georgia
Phil Taylor DT Baylor (O)
Aaron Williams CB Texas (FS)
Stephen Paea DT Oregon State (X)
Martez Wilson LB Illinois
Torrey Smith WR Maryland
Cameron Heyward DE Ohio State (X)
Mikel LeShoure RB Illinois
Derek Sherrod OT Mississippi State
Ryan Williams RB Virginia Tech (X)
Kyle Rudolph TE Notre Dame (X)
Jon Baldwin WR Pittsburgh
Old 03-30-2011   #23
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 90711 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

No way Jimmy Smith makes it to 28.

I would not be surprised to see someone make him the 2nd CB off the board.
Old 03-31-2011   #24
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
No way Jimmy Smith makes it to 28.

I would not be surprised to see someone make him the 2nd CB off the board.
I don't know, he's got a lot of character questions/concerns. No doubt he's got the size and strength... good CB too. If teams believe he's grown up and are comfortable with him he should go early.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011   #25
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 149849 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Thoughts: NE crapped out as a Superbowl selection this season and imo need to make a big splash. Their DE looked average (why I suggested the Mario trade to them on an earlier thread) & need a solid WR. So if Julio Jones is there #11, I like # 11 to Pats for # 17 and # 33. Also, I hear Chargers are dickering for the # 28. I would trade Mario to S.D. for #18 and # 28 and send Okoye and Kareem Jackson their way to sweeten the hook.
# 17 Watt or Jordan DE to replace Mario.(unless Robert Quinn falls)
# 18 Aaron Williams CB/FS
# 28 Phil Taylor N.T.
# 33 Ryan Mallett Qb Yeah you read it right. A steal that resolves our backup need and keeps teams like Tennessee or Panthers from picking him.
Our own 2nd round (#10) CB Brandon Harris who got the attention @ combine.
In 3rd: OLB Sam Acho who was MVP last bowl game he played.

We better get a WR somewhere 'cause I see no sign Jacoby will return.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read