Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 03-25-2011   #21
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Hottoddie"s "Trade-A-Rama" Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hottoddie View Post
I disagree with your comment about Rick. You have to have a little faith in the front office. Also, keep in mind that the Texans have gone out & hired a high profile defensive coordinator & have indicated that he'll get what he wants to turn this defense around. That tells me the usual mind set in the War Room will change this year. I truely believe it will.

I really did struggle with that choice & actually had House in the 2nd round until just before the end. The versatility that Carter brings was the difference maker for me.
If Rick has an above average draft. That will be his 1st in 5 yrs.

Those aren't good odds.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011   #22
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27437 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hottoddie View Post
LOL

Last time I checked I was a dude & unless aliens kidnapped me & did some weird experiments on me, I still am.
Sorry about that, I made an assumption based on screen name. I apologize.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011   #23
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

This is one of the best mocks Ive seen as far as filling out the needs and getting premium talent where its needed. Maybe thats because I've had the same trade down idea of getting Taylor in the mid-late first and trading back up to get one of the top OLB's shortly there after. Ayers or Houston could still be on the board.

I would prefer to pick up another DE or OLB somewhere , maybe in place of the center in the 7th. You can never have enough pass rushers as we saw when Barwin went down .... the defense was never the same.

Might have to take Mario Harvey at least a round earlier and quite possibly at the 4b selection ..... other than that I think its pretty realistic.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011   #24
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21460 Hottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
This is one of the best mocks Ive seen as far as filling out the needs and getting premium talent where its needed. Maybe thats because I've had the same trade down idea of getting Taylor in the mid-late first and trading back up to get one of the top OLB's shortly there after. Ayers or Houston could still be on the board.

I would prefer to pick up another DE or OLB somewhere , maybe in place of the center in the 7th. You can never have enough pass rushers as we saw when Barwin went down .... the defense was never the same.

Might have to take Mario Harvey at least a round earlier and quite possibly at the 4b selection ..... other than that I think its pretty realistic.
Thanks.

It does look like Mario Harvey is moving up the boards rather quickly & may have to be selected in the 4th or 5th round.

Here's a pretty good highlight film of my 7th round pick Mario Addison (OLB/DE). He's got a real nice spin move & very good closing burst, but he does look rather lost when he drops into coverage. There's no sound, but check it out anyway. He's #7 & lines up on the right side in a four point stance most of the time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7AnorXXJlk

The Texan Bull Rush
Welcome to "Sack City, USA"!
Hottoddie is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read