Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-13-2005   #41
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 39244 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

If we can pick up the blitz and not turn the ball over we will be fine. Steelers fans are riding a great wave with Ben, but I think they feel there are still reservations whether this kid is that good.

I do think Parker is here to stay, but I expect our D to take care of buisness.
Old 09-13-2005   #42
Diehardtexan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzburgh
Yip-pee Kai-yea.

Theres a new sheriff comin' into Houston. He's fast on the draw and shoots straight up the middle. Sheriff Willie Parker runs all over lousy defenses.

The fastest gun in the NFL is about to arrive.

Yip-pee Kai-yea!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steelers 37 Texans 10
I heard that before..we can get 48 yards on offense but we still win this game...one thing I have to say about Caper, he will have a plan to beat you. You will always be our B****.
Diehardtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005   #43
TMC
Rookie

Here is the reason why many Steeler fans are optimistic. We went 15-1 last season and returned all but 3 starters (Vincent, Ross, and Burress). Well, Burress missed about 5 games and Randle El actually had better numbers. Vincent started because Simmons, who is better, was injured. Ross left via free agency because he was told that Starks had the inside track on the starting job. So, the real key component of our offense, the line, brings back three Pro Bowlers (Marvel Smith, Faneca, and Hartings), Simmons-the true starter, and a young up and coming RT in Starks. This line appears stronger than the one we had last season. The Titans never really came close to getting to Ben. His two incompletions were throw aways.

At runningback, Bettis is doubtful (meaning Cowher won't dress him) and Staley is questionable (meaning IF he dresses, he will not play unless something drastic happens). Everyone else is probable. So, it appears that Willie Parker will get the brunt of the load. The thing we like, Albert Haynesworth said that Parker made it look like a high school game. They could not bring him down. Keith Bullock stated that while the defense missed a lot of tackles, Parker was responsible for making them miss a lot of them. He said Parker had a lot of power and the speed to be a game breaker.

Ben appeared amazingly confident, and we were worried before the game. He really did not have one bad throw, but like the announcers said, it was more like a 7 on 7 drill than a game. And, although we lost Burress, El has taken a bigger role. We are really high on Cedrick Wilson, who has good hands and is elusive after the catch. We also added Quincy Morgan to be our #4 and deep threat.

On defense, we allowed too many big plays against the Titans. They had a 57 yard pass (given up by our backup FS) and a 35 yard run. The defense gave up 180 yards in the first half. They really seemed flat, but all three of our OLBs were nursing injuries. So, we are hoping that our DL gets their *** chewed this week and responds. We actually have some good speed at LB with Porter, Farrior, Harrison, Haggans, and Foote. All play faster than they time. All our linebackers hit well. We are somewhat suspect to TEs and RBs. Our starting corners (Townsend and Williams) are not burners and need help over the top, but Hope has some range and does pretty well in that area. Both safeties are hitters and Polamalu can fly. There was an blurb by one of the media outlets (ESPN maybe) that said our young corners (Taylor, Colclough, and McFadden) were better than our starters but Cowher liked going with the veterans. Well, Taylor started in front of Williams last week. I hope that continues because he runs sub-4.4 and we will need him to stay with Johnson.

When you send 8 players to the Pro Bowl (Marvel Smith, Faneca, Hartings, Ward, Farrior, Porter, Polamalu, and Aaron Smith) and get a Pro Bowl NT and starting OG off IR coming into a new season, you have good reason to think your team is pretty solid.
Old 09-13-2005   #44
Crank_It_Up
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lod01
It truely is brutal to watch. AJ is becoming a wasted talent. There is only one option and that is to cut Carr. Otherwise AJ walks as soon as he can. He will be totally disgusted by that time.
yeah, let's cut Carr and see how many more quarterbacks we can ruin before we figure out that Carr was/is not the problem.
Old 09-13-2005   #45
touttail
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by lod01
I am begging you to DESTROY Carr on the 1st play from scrimmage. I want to see one of your defensive lineman stuff Carr's whole body inside his helmet on a sack. Of course then you will have to play a full game without laughing at total ineptitude.

Now that's the attitude a Texan fan should have.
lod01 get real and get your trash off the Texan board.

bobby 119C
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005   #46
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72199 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehardtexan
I heard that before..we can get 48 yards on offense but we still win this game...one thing I have to say about Caper, he will have a plan to beat you. You will always be our B****.

Well, at least you picked the right name for yourself, DieHardTexan.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005   #47
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 24376 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Quote:
Yip-pee Kai-yea.

Theres a new sheriff comin' into Houston. He's fast on the draw and shoots straight up the middle. Sheriff Willie Parker runs all over lousy defenses.

The fastest gun in the NFL is about to arrive.

Yip-pee Kai-yea!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steelers 37 Texans 10
Sheriff? Aiight - so then there's also the Steeler, we'll substitute a construction worker for that... now just need to go find a biker, and indian, and a policeman and you can form yourself a nice group.

Just messin. Makes me wonder how many people (and even Steeler fans alone knew of this Parker before last Sunday. Bettis and Staley were the chosen ones I thought.

Regardless, one silver lining is the Texans apparently tend to follow-up bombs with success, so we'll see what happens this go around.

Lookin' for a closer game than both our teams played last week.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005   #48
HomeBred_Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 HomeBred_Texan is a Pro BowlerHomeBred_Texan is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Yip-pee Kai-yea.

Steelers 37 Texans 10
Dang, you think we will score 10?
Old 09-13-2005   #49
kcwilson
All Pro

Rep Power: 12 kcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVP

OPEN FOR THOUGHT:

Anyone open to the idea of keeping Wells in the backfield most of the game and have him be a larger blocking back. You could actually line up Davis on the outside or motion him out of the backfield to create some odd matchups with LBs. To run inside, I think Wells might be better suited against the 3-4 and provide a little more protection that Davis, who if you watch the game tape was a speedbump for Buffalo's defense... he is the only reason they totally left Carr's arms intact.
kcwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005   #50
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 297218 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Wink you're getting sleepy now...

You know, Pittsburgh really shouldn't concern themselves about this week...yeah, the Steelers need to worry about week 3 against the Patriots....January 22, 2005...41-27...AFC Championship Game...

yeah, just forget about us little ol' Texans...we ain't nothin' to worry about...you got other things on your mind....Patriots....
Old 09-14-2005   #51
rittenhouserobz
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to rittenhouserobz

The Texans did not allow McGahee in the endzone with multiple shots within the 5 yard line. I can only assume that Pittsburgh run blocking is better than Buffalo and this parker kid is better than MacGahee, but I doubt it. However, Rothlesbooger will get picked in this game. I am looking forward to a defensive struggle with much running. Maybe we wil see Morency on 3rd downs. that would be nice. If the Steelers can pull a guy out of the woodwork, then maybe we can too. BTW I hope our rookie center gets a few snaps also. I wish the Texans luck.
Old 09-14-2005   #52
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Don't think your team is just going to walk into Reliant and have it's way with our team. We are going to fight till every second is off that clock. In the end the team with most heart, the desire, and the will to win is going to take the W. Your team better come ready to play or you'll be on Sports Center with Big Ben as a one hit wonder....His photo will be right next to Vanilla Ice!
Where was the fight, heart, desire, and will last week? Big Ben a one hit wonder? He did lead the Steelers to a 15-1 season last year, J.P. Losman has done much less and he had his way with us last weekend...
Old 09-14-2005   #53
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan279
Boy Blitzburgh did you pick a bad week to come and troll...you will get no fun out of this...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigTEXan8
I hate to repeat myself, but if we spread the field out, then I think Carr will get hit less, let alone sacked less. I'm not saying the WRs are going to catch the ball or bother getting open, but Carr then has a little more distance between him and the semi's you Steelers call LBs. I think our D played good last week, being that they were put in a ****py situation. I just was wondering how long the Texans were expecting the D to keep holding the Buffs to a FG every time the offense gave Buff a phenomenal starting spot. I think the game could be interesting, as long as the play calling isn't so blaintently predicable, I think we have *cough cough, hack hack* I'm sorry, I couldn't finish that thought. "...as long as the play calling isn't so predictable..." that's funny. We're screwed as long as we still have the same coaches. Hands down.

4 turnovers 6 sacks ... on the bright side the Texans D holds ONCE in the red zone :brickwall

45-9 Steelers

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005   #54
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigTEXan8
I hate to repeat myself, but if we spread the field out, then I think Carr will get hit less, let alone sacked less. I'm not saying the WRs are going to catch the ball or bother getting open, but Carr then has a little more distance between him and the semi's you Steelers call LBs. I think our D played good last week, being that they were put in a ****py situation. I just was wondering how long the Texans were expecting the D to keep holding the Buffs to a FG every time the offense gave Buff a phenomenal starting spot. I think the game could be interesting, as long as the play calling isn't so blaintently predicable, I think we have *cough cough, hack hack* I'm sorry, I couldn't finish that thought. "...as long as the play calling isn't so predictable..." that's funny. We're screwed as long as we still have the same coaches. Hands down.
This is a good point. If Pit doesnt bring in nickle you may be able to matchup Mathis with a LB. If your CB dont have good speed, Mathis may hurt you anyway, but spreading the field helps compisate for poor blocking. As for Wells in the backfield to block, I saw hi get blown away last week by Takeo so thats not the end all beat all sollution. Though a big back is better to attack a fast D.
BigBull17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005   #55
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

I'm going out on a limb here. I am going to predict that we get more points and more yards than last week.
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005   #56
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOgre
I'm going out on a limb here. I am going to predict that we get more points and more yards than last week.

Thats quite a limb ..... Dont Fall

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read