Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 03-25-2011   #1
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 35195 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans Compsensatory Pick

Ok Mockers, its official. The Texans receive a 7th round compensatory pick.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...t/7491613.html

Clearly the additions of Wade Smith and Neil Rackers made the NFL feel the loss of DR was not as important.

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011   #2
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 39326 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Compsensatory Pick

well I guess I owe Lucky an apology. I was wrong & you where right there big guy

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011   #3
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

They actually didn't award us a pick for net loss of free agents, we just happened to be the last team to get the leftover compensatory picks.

Quote:
Twenty one compensatory picks were awarded to clubs based upon the compensatory pick formula. By rule, 11 additional choices were awarded at the end of the seventh round to bring the total number of compensatory selections to 32, equaling the number of NFL clubs. The 11 additional picks were awarded to Carolina, Buffalo, Cincinnati, Denver, Cleveland, Arizona, San Francisco, Tennessee, Dallas, Washington and Houston based upon the 2011 draft selection order.
http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/09000d5d81ef2e1e/article/nfl-distributes-compensatory-draft-picks-to-23-clubs?module=HP_headlines

Here's a screen cap I got of the list.

Old 03-25-2011   #4
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 35195 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
They actually didn't award us a pick for net loss of free agents, we just happened to be the last team to get the leftover compensatory picks.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/09000d5d81ef2e1e/article/nfl-distributes-compensatory-draft-picks-to-23-clubs?module=HP_headlines

Here's a screen cap I got of the list.

I love it. Its worse than I thought. The NFL felt that DR's loss was more than made up by the additions of Neil Rackers and Wade Smith. So, we came within a hair of not getting a compensatory pick.

At least, we get to pick Mr. Irrelevant this year!!!

Old 03-25-2011   #5
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18476 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow I thought we'd probably get a 5th or 6th round pick, this is kind of a slap in the face. I'm sure that Kubiak will spend the Mr. Irrelevant pick on a TE or CSU player making it truly an irrelevant player.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011   #6
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 44792 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Didn't see that coming.... oh yeah I did.

Oh well no big deal.
Old 03-25-2011   #7
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 147190 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

I didnt expect them to get one at all .... I'll take what I can get for nothing.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-25-2011   #8
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 39326 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

LaGarrett Blount was undrafted free agent last year he turned into Tampa Bay starting RB not to mention our own Arian Foster so RB is a good position to hit on late but they will probably use it on a punter I suppose?

2012 Draft was Mercilus
Old 03-25-2011   #9
Lucky

Rep Power: 104254 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
well I guess I owe Lucky an apology. I was wrong & you where right there big guy
You were counting on Grossman and Pitts being classified as qualifying free agents. I explained to you that Pitts would not be, and that the best case scenario would be Grossman qualifying. Grossman didn't qualify, either. The funny thing is if he had, the Texans would have gotten the 240th pick rather than the 253rd.

Here's something really ironic. The Giants got a 6th for losing David Carr and the Eagles a 7th for Jason Babin. Ouch.
Old 03-25-2011   #10
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 56992 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
You were counting on Grossman and Pitts being classified as qualifying free agents. I explained to you that Pitts would not be, and that the best case scenario would be Grossman qualifying. Grossman didn't qualify, either. The funny thing is if he had, the Texans would have gotten the 240th pick rather than the 253rd.

Here's something really ironic. The Giants got a 6th for losing David Carr and the Eagles a 7th for Jason Babin. Ouch.
Good call, early on Lucky.

And, yeah. Ouch.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011   #11
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 53272 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Mr. Irrelevant time!
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011   #12
Doppelganger
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
Mr. Irrelevant time!
Well considering the Texans are historically Team Irrelevant heading into December, he will be joining the right team!!!

Old 03-26-2011   #13
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 53272 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppelganger View Post
Well considering the Texans are historically Team Irrelevant heading into December, he will be joining the right team!!!
Well played
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011   #14
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 145454 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Actually, I think Kubiak's drafting history is almost better (comparatively) in the 7th round than the 1st round anyway.

I mean, relatively speaking.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011   #15
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 147190 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Actually, I think Kubiak's drafting history is almost better (comparatively) in the 7th round than the 1st round anyway.

I mean, relatively speaking.
Kareem Jackson just fell down ..... He tripped Zach Diles in the process.

Old 03-26-2011   #16
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 145454 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Kareem Jackson just fell down ..... He tripped Zach Diles in the process.
And Zac broke his leg.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011   #17
beerlover
Site Contributor

Quote:
And Zac broke his leg.
again?

2012 Draft was Mercilus
Old 03-27-2011   #18
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Quote:
And Kareem Jackson fell down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
again?

yes .... again

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read