Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-13-2005   #21
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 347 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro
Yes and Animal House is not one of the most quotable movies.

I'm not quite sure I know what you mean here.
Texans Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005   #22
HardKnockTexan
All Pro

Rep Power: 28 HardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performer

Just saying he agrees with the Pear Harbor thing I guess. People who are under 30 would be lucky to even remeber Animal House.. let alone quote it... Should of said Old School was one of the most quotable movies...
HardKnockTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005   #23
Jwwillis
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans Pride
I'm pretty sure the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor at 7:53 am on December 7, 1941.
Thankyou! geez. American history is no longer taught in schools i suppose. Apparently it was NOT a day that "Will live in infamy." It took less than a lifetime to be forgotten.
Jwwillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005   #24
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected
Default disclosure

I made a comment on the Germans bombing Pearl Harbor, which was a quote out of a popular movie in the 70's, 80's and 90's, called Animal House. I would shudder think that no one is watching it anymore.

However, by no means am I disrespecting the duty that any military people served for thier country - and that starts with my great great grandfather in the civil war to my two nephews - one in Iraq and one about to leave NO.

Freedom and humor can co-exist if you allow it.
Old 09-13-2005   #25
scorpio76
Rookie

Capers? Yes maybe. But I do believe that we need a better more aggresive OC and get rid of Palmer who has not done too much with talent he has. Our O-line has not come together and we know this so you have to adjust. He is not showing that he can set up an off to do that.
scorpio76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005   #26
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 347 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I made a comment on the Germans bombing Pearl Harbor, which was a quote out of a popular movie in the 70's, 80's and 90's, called Animal House. I would shudder think that no one is watching it anymore.

However, by no means am I disrespecting the duty that any military people served for thier country - and that starts with my great great grandfather in the civil war to my two nephews - one in Iraq and one about to leave NO.

Freedom and humor can co-exist if you allow it.
OOOOOO"h I see now....I didn't know you were quoting....LOL, my bad brother....Quote on, Quote on!

Last edited by Texans Pride; 09-13-2005 at 05:07 PM.
Texans Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005   #27
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 78323 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Half Chick? Half Homer? Call her what you will, but I agree 100%. The age of the hybrid is upon us.
You can call me whatever you want, but I am 100% chick.
Texans_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005   #28
COOL V
Rookie

Sorry, I still predict Pittsburgh 38 Texans 10. Palmer doesn't know how to run an offense with players like Andre Johnson, Domanick Davis, and of course David Carr. You know they almost remind me of a trio Dallas once had and under the Right Coach/System, they could really kick some a**. I haven't forgot about our show-up -sometime- defense, they have much potential as well. Dunta Robinson, Peek, Babin, and of course Get Funked oops I mean G-Funk(Walker). Don't get me wrong I love the Texans more than any other Houston team, but let's be realistic, Capers is too conservative. Not to mention Carr has no protection and he only has One Real WR(Johnson), Domanick is a slow starter, but he'll get 1000+ even behind a weak line. Bob Mcnair what's becoming of your/our team? Oilers 2??? Hope not. Go Texans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by COOL V; 09-13-2005 at 06:16 PM.
COOL V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005   #29
SESupergenius

I think its safe to say that Dallas had the best line at that time too.
Old 09-13-2005   #30
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398918 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know...I think we can win. Do I think we will win? Different story. But I think we can.

The Steelers can overlook the Texans towards their third game against New England. Big Game. Repeat - no, revenge - for last year's AFC Championship game.

They could look at our hapless Texans team and think it's a gimme - a scrimmage. Perhaps not in the front office or coaching staff, but just in a few players minds. Just take the Sunday off and play not to get hurt, especially with that big game on the horizon.

Our team, on the other hand, has something to prove. Both to the fans and to themselves. Does the team have heart? Guts? Determination? They want to prove that they do, in fact, have something to compete.

Hey, anything's possible, 'eh?
Old 09-13-2005   #31
touttail
All Pro

Texan Chick,

I too was wondering what if: Peek had intercepted the ball and possibly swinging momentum to the Texans. That interception could have been huge.

bobby 119C :brickwall
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005   #32
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 72472 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SESupergenius
I think its safe to say that Dallas had the best line at that time too.
Yep. They were loaded.
Runner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005   #33
CajunTexan
Veteran

Fire Capers...hire TEXAN_CHICK!!!!!
CajunTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005   #34
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

If the Texans want instant improvement, they need to keep 2 players on the bench: 1) Bradford is never open and 2) Matt Murphy can't block. There's instant results right there. Keep Bruener in the game and use Gaff, Armstrong, or Mathis. DD needs to work on blocking too, if he's gonna stay home. He's the worst blocker I've ever seen, not that I expect him to be Bruce Mathews or anything.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005   #35
HardKnockTexan
All Pro

Rep Power: 28 HardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performer

You can call me whatever you want, but I am 100% chick.

mmmmmm... chicks
HardKnockTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005   #36
TexanJedi
Rookie

Default Conservatism

This week, against Pittsburgh, I'd like to see Capers open it up. Really... when you are behind by 15 points with about 5 minutes left in the game do we really need to be in the I formation and running Davis on dive plays ?? How about some 3 and 4 receiver sets, motion, reverses, etc.. And Dom, lets pass on first down every once in awhile. When everyone in the stadium knows what you are going to do, it becomes very difficult to advance the ball.

Beat Pittsburgh and show the NFL that we are ready for that playoff run!
TexanJedi is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read