Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-04-2011   #81
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3658 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
I'd have to treat Mario just like the Titans treated Haynesworth: let him play out his contract this year. Then, if he dominates, franchise him in 2012 and prepare to let him walk in 2013.
This

If Mario doesn't make more of an impact, the Texans shouldn't pay him the big money in 2013. I am all for franchising him in 2012 though. I would also be open to a trade if he doesn't start kicking some ass.
Old 03-04-2011   #82
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 283896 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mighty Quin on proposed trade

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
I'm not sure if any of you were lsitening to 1560 on the way to work yesterday but interesting story by Lance. Seems Mario is really into riding his Harley around. He hangs with a group of guys who rides bikes around. LZ says one of his buddies in that group and that Mario tells them all the time that football isn't the most important thing. The context of the conversation was having a guy like AJ Hawk or others who live and breath football. Do the Texans have many guys who take the job as their life. I've never looked at Mario as a guy who is fully committed or always in the game. Special talent but not a guy I'd be afraid to lose for the right price.
I like Mario, but honestly, this doesn't surprise me at all. People keep bringing up Bruce Smith for comparison, but I just don't see the fire and passion in Mario that I saw in Bruce for many, many years.

I think AJ is, without a doubt, one of those "football is my life" players. I'm not sure how many we have, but I'd be willing to bet we have at least a few more (at least from public persona, since that's all we have to judge by). DeMeco seems like one, as well as...ummm...maybe Cushing?
Old 03-04-2011   #83
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 195251 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I like Mario, but honestly, this doesn't surprise me at all. People keep bringing up Bruce Smith for comparison, but I just don't see the fire and passion in Mario that I saw in Bruce for many, many years.

I think AJ is, without a doubt, one of those "football is my life" players. I'm not sure how many we have, but I'd be willing to bet we have at least a few more (at least from public persona, since that's all we have to judge by). DeMeco seems like one, as well as...ummm...maybe Cushing?
Football is only a diversion
Old 03-04-2011   #84
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69328 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Does anybody remember the #1 knock on Mario Williams when he was coming out of NC St?

His best season as a pro is when he was trying to prove the national media wrong. I still like him though, just don't see how he fits this system.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011   #85
Lucky

Rep Power: 120321 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
I'm not sure if any of you were lsitening to 1560 on the way to work yesterday but interesting story by Lance. Seems Mario is really into riding his Harley around. He hangs with a group of guys who rides bikes around. LZ says one of his buddies in that group and that Mario tells them all the time...
That has to be accurate. A radio host knows a guy who rides Harleys with Mario. We're supposed to take something like this seriously?
Old 03-05-2011   #86
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 276022 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
That has to be accurate. A radio host knows a guy who rides Harleys with Mario. We're supposed to take something like this seriously?
Thank you.
Old 03-05-2011   #87
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202592 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Apparently, I have to spread rep around...
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011   #88
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 276022 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Oh and I won't claim to know Mario doesn't own a Harley but I am pretty sure he prefers sport bikes.
Old 03-06-2011   #89
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17337 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Oh and I won't claim to know Mario doesn't own a Harley but I am pretty sure he prefers sport bikes.
Do they make sport bikes for 6'7" 300 lbs?
Old 03-06-2011   #90
Dishman
Miss Ya Blue

Rep Power: 7608 Dishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Pretty sure based on a peek you've taken in his garage or pretty sure based on personal speculation ala some certain radio host?
Dishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011   #91
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dishman View Post
Pretty sure based on a peek you've taken in his garage or pretty sure based on personal speculation ala some certain radio host?
Pretty sure based on his being a speed freak and having seen a report of his buying a GSXR at one point.
Old 03-06-2011   #92
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 195251 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
Do they make sport bikes for 6'7" 300 lbs?
I think they call them Hyabusa's...

I'm not quite 6'7" but a Hybusa fits under me very well, with room to grow.
Old 03-07-2011   #93
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Quote:
Thank you.

I posted it because it was LZ. I'm not saying the guy us infallible or knows all but he is pretty much, along with Harris, as close to football gurus as we have here in town. He also, because of his Dad, is in the know with agents, other players, etc. I don't think it really would have been brought up unless he trusted the source. Again, you can take it for what its worth but to me it fits the Mario we see to a tee. It was just something presented for public consumption. Considering he has been right on many similar issues over the year....the facts on Cushing suspension, etc... I thought it was worth a post.

Don't kill the poster. Geez. You know me, I make a habit of rumor mongering.

And it would have been any bike...he said bikes and I assumed Harley due to size of the crotch rockets out there.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read