Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-28-2011   #1
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 32471 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Arian Foster piece in ESPN the Mag

Good stuff....

Quote:
This story appears in the March 7, 2011 issue of ESPN The Magazine.

Arian Foster just wants to get back to the main course.

On a January evening in Houston, a few days before his first Pro Bowl, the Texans running back pulls his chair closer to his private table at Del Frisco's steak house. On the plate in front of him is a $90 porterhouse that's roughly the size of a tennis racket, prompting Foster to wonder aloud, as he searches for his steak knife, "How big was the cow, man?" But his attempts to dig in are thwarted, time and again, by inquiries from the writer next to him about his journey from undrafted rookie free agent in 2009 to rushing champ in 2010.

Foster finally exhales, puts down his knife and grabs his iPhone. A philosophy major at Tennessee, he frequently taps bits of wisdom, poetry and lyrics into his phone, including the lines he thinks best sum up his current path. "The rain is unbiased," says the 24-year-old Foster, reading from the screen. "And the recipient of this downfall has the option to either accept this or yell at the clouds his whole life."

Foster sets the phone down and continues: "I'm a firm believer in Karma. I believe life always works itself out in funny, mysterious, unbelievable ways."

He should know. Foster's life journey -- from prep upstart to supposed college basket case to Pro Bowler -- is full of so many bizarre twists that it defies belief. Read his story and see for yourself. For each of 11 *different unusual moments in his life, we present his true history and a fake alternate path. Your challenge is to separate fact from fiction.

Born Aug. 24, 1986, Foster was given his *unusual name by his father, Carl, a hotel manager and a former wide receiver at New Mexico. The name comes from ...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6168079
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011   #2
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Arian Foster piece in ESPN the Mag

Quote:
Soon after the draft, Foster's phone started ringing with inquiries from the Saints, Giants, Jets and Buccaneers. But after thinking it through, he signed with the Texans, for two main reasons: They were offering a two-year deal, and they had the weakest depth chart according to Internet research conducted by Arian's girlfriend.
LOL. Smart kid.
Old 02-28-2011   #3
Schaub2Dre
Rookie

Section: Gridiron Sideline!!
Rep Power: 0 Schaub2Dre is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaub2Dre is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaub2Dre is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaub2Dre is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaub2Dre is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaub2Dre is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaub2Dre is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaub2Dre is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaub2Dre is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaub2Dre is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaub2Dre is a quality contributor and well respected

Anyone else noticed in the beginning of the video, Arian dubbed himself as "The Prince of Houston"? lol, as long as Andre Johnson is king or until if the Texans draft Prince Nakamura.
Schaub2Dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011   #4
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 109012 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

I saw this. The pic of him sitting on top of Reliant is frickin sweet!

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011   #5
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20123 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Anyone else finding the whole philosophy angle tired? I mean, it's not like anything he says is terribly profound -- it is all sophomoric for the most part. And, it was interesting at first; the whole, counterintuitive, philosophizing-jock.

But, he's won a rushing title. The cute side stories aren't really necessary anymore.
Old 03-02-2011   #6
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post
I saw this. The pic of him sitting on top of Reliant is frickin sweet!
Yeah, that is pretty awesome Hooray for ESPN the mag digital copy! But it kinda looks like he's taking a dump in Reliant....

Old 03-02-2011   #7
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 345471 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
Anyone else finding the whole philosophy angle tired? I mean, it's not like anything he says is terribly profound -- it is all sophomoric for the most part. And, it was interesting at first; the whole, counterintuitive, philosophizing-jock.

But, he's won a rushing title. The cute side stories aren't really necessary anymore.
It's his schtick. He doesn't drop his schtick just because he had a good year.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-02-2011   #8
False Start
On # 69

Rep Power: 109012 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Yeah, that is pretty awesome Hooray for ESPN the mag digital copy! But it kinda looks like he's taking a dump in Reliant....

Now that you mention it, it does!

Old 03-02-2011   #9
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 126281 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Brain Cushing
JB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011   #10
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 59912 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Him and AJ are about the only ones that didn't this season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011   #11
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm glad you mentioned that pic, I forgot about it. I thumbed through the issue when I first got it and thought that was funny. Anyways, if you need a pic from that mag in the future, just go to ESPN insider's website and lookup the digital copy of the magazine. I screen capped the pic, which is pretty high rez, and trimmed it down to just the pic. Not too shabby for a screen grab
Old 03-02-2011   #12
False Start
On # 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
I'm glad you mentioned that pic, I forgot about it. I thumbed through the issue when I first got it and thought that was funny. Anyways, if you need a pic from that mag in the future, just go to ESPN insider's website and lookup the digital copy of the magazine. I screen capped the pic, which is pretty high rez, and trimmed it down to just the pic. Not too shabby for a screen grab
Thanks man, I did not know that. There were some pics of Kevin Harvick that was in the Speed Issue that I wanted, and I found them.

Very good res for a screen grab!

Old 03-02-2011   #13
Txn_in_FL
Lucky 13

Rep Power: 33753 Txn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post

Not any more tired than all the negativity that flows through this board. Just cause the guy won the rushing title he should change who he is? I'd rather him be a philosophizing jock than in the club making it rain or attempting to rape some female in a bathroom stall somewhere.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read