Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-28-2011   #41
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Kubiak and Smith combine transcript

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Barwin played stand-up for the Texans quite a bit so I think he would be fine.
The only question is the injury. He was out pretty much the whole year; and for a young player, I think it's hard.
That's why I'd have Anderson penciled is as the starter, with every opportunity for Barwin to beat him out. If Barwin can beat him out, then either Anderson flat out sucked (which I don't think is the case) or he's ready.
Old 02-28-2011   #42
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 47328 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
It's kinda weird when one says Quin was our best CB, and the other considers moving him to safety (with Wade's approval of course!)

You're gonna take your best CB and convert him to a safety???Very innovative!

Again, thanks to TXChris for the links!

Ronnie Lott
Old 02-28-2011   #43
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
That's why I'd have Anderson penciled is as the starter, with every opportunity for Barwin to beat him out. If Barwin can beat him out, then either Anderson flat out sucked (which I don't think is the case) or he's ready.
90 percent sure Mark anderson only signed his contract until the end of the season and is a free agent.
Old 02-28-2011   #44
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
90 percent sure Mark anderson only signed his contract until the end of the season and is a free agent.
I can't find details on the contract he signed. But, Scout does not list him as a FA

Old 02-28-2011   #45
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I can't find details on the contract he signed. But, Scout does not list him as a FA

Well, that link says that there are only three FA Des in the entire NFL. Do really think that's it?
Old 02-28-2011   #46
ArlingtonTexan

The free agent thread posted on this board has information that looks update (at least trying)

http://walterfootball.com/freeagents2011DE.php

Anderson is listed as a free agent (in the names w/o a write-up)
Old 02-28-2011   #47
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 165989 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The free agent thread posted on this board has information that looks update (at least trying)

http://walterfootball.com/freeagents2011DE.php

Anderson is listed as a free agent (in the names w/o a write-up)
If there is no new CBA, in the final league year of the old CBA, i.e., the 2010 season, a player whose contract has expired becomes an unrestricted free agent only if he has six or more accrued seasons. Anderson only has 5 acrued seasons.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011   #48
ArlingtonTexan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
If there is no new CBA, in the final league year of the old CBA, i.e., the 2010 season, a player whose contract has expired becomes an unrestricted free agent only if he has six or more accrued seasons. Anderson only has 5 acrued seasons.
So at minimium, he is a restricted and the Texans would have to tender him to keep him around.
Old 02-28-2011   #49
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 165989 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
So at minimium, he is a restricted and the Texans would have to tender him to keep him around.

The good thing is that most restricted FAs end up staying with their original team.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011   #50
sandman
Veteran

Rep Power: 36157 sandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Does Cam Newton play TE?

Fingers crossed.
Did a Smithiak FIFY...
sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011   #51
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 199795 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingBull View Post
Malcolm Sheppard is gonna make the pro bowl for sure next year now that he is on the Titans. Newtexan is never gonna let us hear the end of it.
I'd be surprised if we ever hear from Newtexan ever again. I'm sure he's on some board and his name has changed to Newtitan.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011   #52
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
Ronnie Lott
Lott wasn't a CB converted to safety.
He played safety in HS and college.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011   #53
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by otisbean View Post
Im aware of Woodson history at CB and FS, my point was, it's happened before and some guys have had great success, that's it.

Also, in my post, I said moving GQ was an option IF we signed another CB or two in FA. If we signed Joseph or another top shelf CB than GQ wouldn't be our best CB anymore. I agree that GQ is a good CB, but maybe he'd be an excellent FS, it's certainly possible. I also be happy if we signed a good CB and a good FS and left GQ at CB, I guess it depends on who we draft/sign. For the record, Im not saying we should move GQ, just that FS is a huge need and he COULD be an option.

On that note, since you watch a lot of college FB, what are your thoughts of Prince? A lot of current mocks have him falling to us. I only watched one Neb game all year, so I don't have a feel for his game. I've heard that he puts hands all over WRs, which is a scary thing given the rules on PI in the league. I also wonder how Prince would do at FS, he certainly has the size and athletic ability.
A few people in the draft section had mentioned moving Prince to FS.
In that thread, I also had a link to where Prince said that he wouldn't mind playing safety.

Personally, I think he has the make up to play that position.
He's a pretty good tackler.
He had played a lot of zone coverage (besides man under) so he would have as good a start as Quin.
3 of the INTs he made was basically from a safety position.

I don't know how he checks out at the combine to see his range/speed.
(He should be fast enough.)
So yes, he does have the tools needed.
We just don't know how he handles the mental part as well as how his field vision is.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read