Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-12-2005   #41
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 191772 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

We got the O-line from the pick a part . Hey that 20 mil we gave Chester looks like money well spent .
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005   #42
chuckm
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 chuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVP

I promised myself yesterday that I'd stay away from the boards for a few days ..... but after reading the title of this thread I'm so glad I came ...

thanks for a good laugh .....
chuckm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005   #43
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

I've always felt that winning in the preseason is pretty much meaningless. The preseason performance of the starting units is what counts. The offense showed flashes of something good in the first 2 games but tanked completely in the last 2. I lost a lot of confidence in the offense after those 2 games.

I admit that I felt that we just weren't showing all our offensive packages in the preseason. The blitzes would come on defense. Peek would dazzle. AJ would get open. Gaffney would succeed as the 2nd WR. Even the o-line would be OK-not great but OK.

Still I predicted a loss to Buffalo. I felt that we'd play a good game but couldn't overcome the Buffalo defense. I felt that our defense would give up some rushing yards but would create some turnovers and sacks.

Boy was I wrong. Coaching, preparation, discipline and execution were all missing from the game. The details have already been gone over so I won't elaborate here. This is a tough time to be a Texans fan. I refuse to give up rooting for my team. I've made excuses after excuses for them for 3 years. This was supposed to be a great year. Year 4 of the "5 Year Plan" was supposed to produce a real NFL team that may not reach the playoffs but looks solid enough to compete in every game. I don't see it.

I see "Houston Texans: Expansion Team"
Exascor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005   #44
Chance_C
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4104 Chance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I have a problem with the Texans punting the ball on 4th and 1 because they can't safely say "We can get 1 yard and the first down".
Yeah, and it was inches. And then to punt the ball at the end of the game (4 or 5 minutes left) was really bad. We definately looked like the 2002 Houston Texans yesterday. Not having a quality #2 receiver hurts way worse than I thought it would that's for sure. Carr hitting Gaffney in the arm with the ball summed up the entire day for me. I have never questioned this team's direction until now.
Old 09-12-2005   #45
ROYDESTROY
Rookie

Lightbulb Preseason Just a Mirage?

Just a thought but the question is posed to those who would not recognize that the Texans preseason was indicative of substantial problematics with the team, is this team indeed in big trouble?

Some homer types buried their heads in the sand and simply would not recognize the obvious repetition of the same problems. Excuses such as its only preseason and they were not trying that hard ect...have been exposed as fraudulent in the season opener.

Those who are willing to be honest and thoughful please share your take on what are the breakdowns on this team that have led to this downward trend?
What particular aspects of the team need quick improvement and can they be fixed before more losses ensue?

Old 09-12-2005   #46
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

1 bad game, that's all i have to say. 5 turnovers will kill any team.
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005   #47
Keldar
Veteran

IMO,

1.) Preseason WAS an indication, although I wished not to think it.

2.) Get an offensive game plan that can not be predicted by a blind folded, drunk, basketball referee.

3.) Bring back the Run and Shoot. j/k

4.) Use the tight ends more effectively.

5.) Run more 3 wide sets.

6.) Gamble more often on Defense. MAKE SOMETHING HAPPEN!!!!!!......ANYTHING!!!!!
Keldar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005   #48
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcoolguy
1 bad game, that's all i have to say. 5 turnovers will kill any team.
DD's fumble was from a defensive man coming in unblocked on his blind side and ripping out the ball. No one would have held onto that ball in that situation. The receivers are not coming back to the ball is part of the INT problem. Yes there were turnovers, but they were happening in many cases despite what the offensive player who is responsible was doing. We are a very poor fundamentally coached ball club.
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005   #49
ROYDESTROY
Rookie

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keldar
IMO,

1.) Preseason WAS an indication, although I wished not to think it.

2.) Get an offensive game plan that can not be predicted by a blind folded, drunk, basketball referee.

3.) Bring back the Run and Shoot. j/k

4.) Use the tight ends more effectively.

5.) Run more 3 wide sets.

6.) Gamble more often on Defense. MAKE SOMETHING HAPPEN!!!!!!......ANYTHING!!!!!

Great post..i love the run and shoot comment...lmao..really honest and fair assessment!!!
Old 09-12-2005   #50
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4561 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Just a thought but the question is posed to those who would not recognize that the Texans preseason was indicative of substantial problematics with the team, is this team indeed in big trouble?
I have been saying it since preseason that we would have problems and this would carry into the regular season and not many people listened, the response I got was "It's just preseason, it doesn't count."
Old 09-12-2005   #51
ROYDESTROY
Rookie

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpshafer_1976
Come on, now!

It's JUST the regular season. Wait until the post season gets here...THEN we'll show our real playbook. Nobody shows their real stuff in the regular season. Mostly what we see in the regular season is player evaluations, trying to avoid injuries, and most of all...trying to not give away too much of your game planning and play calling.

All you people who are whining about the regular season are not real fans. You need to get off Carr's butt. When we are playing in January, you will all be saying, "See! I told you we could go 3-13 and still make the playoffs!"

Gig's up. Everyone who played the "It's just the preseason!" card, you can go ahead and post your excuses now. So what was it today:

Bad o line?

Dumb penalties at crucial moments in the game?

Bad playcalling?

Delay of game by Carr?

Interceptions by Carr?

Missed block by DD, allowing an easy sack of Carr?

Carr not seeing a TE open to his left, and taking a sack because he locked onto one receiver, as usual?

P-Buch getting schooled by Lee Evans?

Peek dropping a sure TD?

JP Losman running wild through gaping holes like Hulk Hogan?

The 3-4?

DD dropping the ball?

Carr getting the ball stripped and then standing there instead of diving into the pile, watching our o lineman get it taken away?

Horrid playcalling: Runs on first down? The infamous "Now route?" Not going for it on fourth and inches?

Carr throwing the highest arcing pass to Bradford, which came down with icecicles on it?

Bradford dropping the pass when it hits his hands BEFORE the defender hit him?

Cutting Moses? Signing Swinton and then cutting Swinton? Running Morency out there and then finally admitting what a d u m b move THAT was...so you put in our starting RB and risk injuring him?

Did I leave anything out?

Just trying to make sure I covered it all so that we can leave room for you to cut the b.s. and say, "Yeah, it WASN'T "just" the preseason."

But I doubt that will happen. After all, we'll look great against the Steelers next week who are definitely in for a big surprise when we "get it together for these games that are FOR REAL" like Carr said after the last preseason game.

I love this team, but it's time for a change of coaches--Not a slash-and-burn firing of everyone, but I think (and stay calm, OK?) that Capers needs to be the guy to go. He stands there, watching total ineptness on the field, and has this glazed-over look like he's not really sure what he's just witnessed on the field. Scratch down notes on that little piece of folded paper all you want, Dom. Here's what you really need to be making notes on: How many boxes do I need to clean out my office?

And it's time for Carr to get benched like I suggested last week. Ragone gets the start next week, in front of Houston fans. And Carr gets to see what it's like to hold a clip board.

Any takers?
\
awesome post you nailed it bro..honesty!!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read