Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-12-2005   #21
AlexVanderpool
Veteran

The defense was HORRIBLE!!! Not as horrible as the offense, but horrible none the less. Regardless of how the offense played, the defense allowed a rookie quarterback with a make-shift offensive line (yes i said make-shift, they lost their best LT Jennings to free agency) to gain yardage like joe montana. the fact that we held them to fieldgoals was not a testament to our defense, but the fact that a rookie qb made some bad decisions. We wasted a 2nd and 3rd on a guy who was reminicent of the old oiler cb steve jackson getting burned by don beebe in 93. Our interior line and backers were run over at will in the 2nd half.

I am totally fed up with fangio's cerebral zone blitz. its this scheme that got him and jim mora fired in indy. instead of blitzing 4-5 plus one from either the middle or outside (buffalo used this to kill carr) we blitz and pull back which equals to a max of 4 rushing the passer against 5 or more blockers.

Fire Fangio
Fire Palmer
Fire Capers
Fire Casserly
AlexVanderpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005   #22
Chance_C
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4104 Chance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yes, I did......
Well, being that John has been known to read the boards, he no doubt recognized the signature and expedited the "filing process"
Old 09-12-2005   #23
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

All of it was bad.

ALL OF IT.

Last edited by GP; 09-12-2005 at 04:17 PM.
GP is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read