Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-12-2005   #1
aggieNzona
Rookie

Default Silver Linning

Ok, I am very doubtful of this team and even the orginization.
With that said there apears to be a bunch of bad teams this year if today is any indication. Which is why a coaching change now and not later is improtant. 5 or 6 wins might not get you a top ten pick in the draft next year?
Those two 4th qtr decisons to punt probably will cost Capers his job. He quit! It so reminded me of RC Slocum who did that a bunch. Either to "Protect" his players or to keep the lose to a minimal (looking) either way it loserville!!!
aggieNzona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005   #2
aggieNzona
Rookie

Default ok I mispelled lining, sorry in advance

:brickwall :brickwall :brickwall :brickwall
aggieNzona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005   #3
gr8slayer

You all need to fire Capers and bring in Jerry Gray.
Old 09-12-2005   #4
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I watched a ton of football today and I saw nothing as bad as the Texans. Sheer mathematics dictate that 16 teams must lose every Sunday, but most of the losers I saw had credible units on both sides of the football....I didn't see any team as bad as we were.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005   #5
gr8slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
I watched a ton of football today and I saw nothing as bad as the Texans. Sheer mathematics dictate that 16 teams must lose every Sunday, but most of the losers I saw had credible units on both sides of the football....I didn't see any team as bad as we were.
Do you, like many of the people on your board not want to give respect where its due? Those sixteen teams werent playing against the number two Defense in the NFL. After week one we are now number one. If you look back at our games last year, there arent many teams that did well against us once Willis stepped in.
Old 09-12-2005   #6
HoustonHarley
Rookie

I remember the Steelers second team playing pretty damn good when it counted.
HoustonHarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005   #7
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8slayer
Do you, like many of the people on your board not want to give respect where its due? Those sixteen teams werent playing against the number two Defense in the NFL. After week one we are now number one. If you look back at our games last year, there arent many teams that did well against us once Willis stepped in.
I gave you guys plenty of respect. I predicted 28-10 and was pretty close. I don't need to dwell on it and don't feel the need to kiss your toes because we are not as solid a team as the Bills.

Sponsored links
Old 09-12-2005   #8
gr8slayer

BTW Vinny, the Titans looked MUCH worse today than the Texans did.
Old 09-12-2005   #9
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8slayer
BTW Vinny, the Titans looked MUCH worse today than the Texans did.
The Titans had 303 net yards and we barely had 100. The Titans had 5.7 yards per play and we had 2.4 per play. Our starting QB had a rating of 12.

I know what I see.

Old 09-12-2005   #10
gr8slayer

Yeah but goodness, they looked like complete ****.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read