Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 02-02-2011   #21
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9610 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bah007's Top Prospects By Position

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
You don't think it's important to draft players in the first who are going to see the field all three downs or do you think Antonio Smith is going to struggle adapting to being a 3-4 DE? I think Jordan would be a better fit for the defense Wade will be implementing than Smith, I just don't think a rotational DE is what this team should be looking for in the first round.
Good defenses that draft well often have talented rookies playing a backup role for their first year or two. Ours is not that talented but at the same time I don't think the difference between being good and average or average and bad is going to be a single three down rookie. If Jordan is the player that will make the biggest impact over the course of his Texan career he should be the pick even if he doesn't start day 1. I still think chances favor us going OLB but Jordan is growing on me.

LZ had an interesting take on this the other day in his first mock:

11. Houston - Cameron Jordan, DE, Cal
Z-Report Says: I wanted to put Aldon Smith from Missouri or Ryan Kerrigan from Purdue in this spot, but my guess is that the Texans will see the OLB position as a position that they have covered on their roster currently or as a position they can grab a little later in the draft. It is difficult to find 3-4 DEs who can rush the passer effectively and that might end up being what Jordan can bring to the table. Jordan was one of the most dominant pass rushers in Senior Bowl drills and his father, Steve Jordan, played tight end for the Minnesota Vikings and was a 6-time Pro Bowler.
http://blogs.chron.com/fantasyfootba...t_of_2011.html

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read