Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-11-2005   #161
nojok3
Rookie

Referring back to the Moulds topic, unlike many big time receivers, Moulds has had a new qb every year. If he was like Marvin Harrison with the same qb for say 7 years, his production would be up I'm sure.
nojok3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #162
gr8slayer

Oh man Andre is just killing Nate today. You all were so right, he is an animal and Nate sucks horribly.
Old 09-11-2005   #163
jd4me925
Rookie

Exclamation The bills shut down AJ!

Man Nate Clement's played a very good game.! David carr never got comfortable in the pocket and losman looked good
jd4me925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #164
#1 Bills Fan
Rookie

Great game by Nate today...an even BETTER game by Vincent today.
#1 Bills Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #165
TexSon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 TexSon was voted MVPTexSon was voted MVPTexSon was voted MVPTexSon was voted MVPTexSon was voted MVP

Well AJ was shut down, but it certainly wasn't just Clements... he was double and triple covered all afternoon. Too bad we don't have another receiver to take the pressure off. (Or a QB that has a clue.)

Impressive display by the Bill's defense.
TexSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #166
Buffalokizzle
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexSon
Well AJ was shut down, but it certainly wasn't just Clements... he was double and triple covered all afternoon. Too bad we don't have another receiver to take the pressure off. (Or a QB that has a clue.)

I told you guys dont underestimate Clements I posted yesterday stats from last year what Clements had done to Chad Johnson of the Bengals and everyone dismissed me saying that "the two recievers are completely different and that Andre is bigger and stronger and will have no problems." Well Well Well look at what came of it. Can I at least see some respect for Clements instead of saying "it wasnt just clements" Come on now the guy was covered all day by Clements give my man some credit. And how about them Bills !!! Told you guys Losman is the real deal.
Buffalokizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #167
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 122497 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalokizzle
I told you guys dont underestimate Clements I posted yesterday stats from last year what Clements had done to Chad Johnson of the Bengals and everyone dismissed me saying that "the two recievers are completely different and that Andre is bigger and stronger and will have no problems." Well Well Well look at what came of it. Can I at least see some respect for Clements instead of saying "it wasnt just clements" Come on now the guy was covered all day by Clements give my man some credit. And how about them Bills !!! Told you guys Losman is the real deal.
Yeah because Clements double and triple covered him by himself all game long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #168
Buffalokizzle
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCROD
Yeah because Clements double and triple covered him by himself all game long.
Fine dont give the man any respect thats fine. Andre Johnson still only caught 2 passes all game long and was lined up against Clements that says enough.
Old 09-11-2005   #169
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 122497 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalokizzle
Fine dont give the man any respect thats fine. Andre Johnson still only caught 2 passes all game long and was lined up against Clements that says enough.
He played a well enough game. You make it sound like he's the 2nd coming of Deon. Just remember, double and triple covered ALL game long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #170
Buffalokizzle
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCROD
He played a well enough game. You make it sound like he's the 2nd coming of Deon. Just remember, double and triple covered ALL game long.
he isnt a second coming of Deion he doesnt need to be. The man is still young and just entering his prime. He is a top 5 corner in the NFL without doubt and has shown why he is a probowl quaterback matching up against many #1 recievers and shutting them down. He is one of the many reasons why our defense will finsih this week ranked #1
Old 09-11-2005   #171
gr8slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexSon

So what, Moulds has been putting up Pro Bowl numbers year after year with the double team.
Old 09-11-2005   #172
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8slayer
So what, Moulds has been putting up Pro Bowl numbers year after year with the double team.
AJ isn't the problem. I don't think Moulds ever had an offense as inept as Houston was today.

Personally I hope it was all Buffalo's D, because that would mean we might do better against some lesser defenses. Right now I don't have any faith in Houston's offense, just like back in 2002.

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #173
#1 Bills Fan
Rookie

Quote:
AJ isn't the problem. I don't think Moulds ever had an offense as inept as Houston was today.
Ah, you're forgetting the Todd Collins and Rob Johnson years. Trust me, Moulds has been through a lot.

Quote:
Personally I hope it was all Buffalo's D, because that would mean we might do better against some lesser defenses. Right now I don't have any faith in Houston's offense, just like back in 2002.
Our D is good, no question, but that good? I guess only time will tell. For now I'm under the presumption that the Texans have issues and that today wasn't just an illusion against a good D. Your o-line looked suspect and Carr looked shaky. Your D didn't exactly impress either.

I still have to wonder, though, why so many of you Texans fans thought you'd be able to run against us. Every prediction I saw on this board said "I think we'll be able to run so that should open up the pass"...wha wha? As you saw today we're not so shabby against the run.

Good luck the rest of this season.
#1 Bills Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #174
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1 Bills Fan
I still have to wonder, though, why so many of you Texans fans thought you'd be able to run against us. Every prediction I saw on this board said "I think we'll be able to run so that should open up the pass"...wha wha? As you saw today we're not so shabby against the run.

Good luck the rest of this season.

Generally when Domanick Davis is healthy we have a pretty good running game. He gets his yards. Not to knock your run D because obviously you guys are good but we thought we would be able to run against you. "Run all over you"? No, of course not but at least in my case I felt that we would have enough of a running game to keep things balanced.

Obviously we did not. I think a lot of that is because your run D is so good and some of it's because Domanick Davis is a bit of a "situational/statistical illusion" Lots of touchdowns (from inside the 10), lots of yards (when they don't make a difference). I think you guys stuffed an overrated back today, made us one dimensional, and beat us like a drum.
Old 09-11-2005   #175
Buffalo_Bills
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBC_Justin
Andre Johnson is a big boy. Closer in size to a tight end than to the size of most recievers.

Andre Johnson 6-3 and 219 lbs
Marvin Harrison 6-0 and 175 lbs
Chad Johnson 6-1 and 192 lbs

Nate Clements 5-11 and 209

Clements better be careful or he might end up reinjuring his shoulder.

So I say bring it on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WTF?? PT is on this board??? where???

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read