Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 01-31-2011   #41
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 99925 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Vince Young: "I am ... an elite quarterback in the NFL"

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagotexan2 View Post
He'd choke.

"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011   #42
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3658 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

VY leaving the Titans is a good thing for us Texans fans. The guy was undefeated against Houston and him leaving sets the Titans back greatly. Win Win situation for us.

Vince will have multiple teams trying to bring him in as a starter. Upwards of 4 or 5 teams will be in the mix. His best situation would be Minny obviously. All this talk here of him being finished is just crazy talk. Dude can play he just needs to grow up but he is still young and has been a successful starting NFL QB.
Old 01-31-2011   #43
Luv_ya_blue
1%er

Rep Power: 21295 Luv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
VY leaving the Titans is a good thing for us Texans fans. The guy was undefeated against Houston and him leaving sets the Titans back greatly. Win Win situation for us.

Vince will have multiple teams trying to bring him in as a starter. Upwards of 4 or 5 teams will be in the mix. His best situation would be Minny obviously. All this talk here of him being finished is just crazy talk. Dude can play he just needs to grow up but he is still young and has been a successful starting NFL QB.

rep

Special Thanks to False Start for the awesome sig! U Rock!
Luv_ya_blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011   #44
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 209608 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

He reminds me (in general) of Ryan Leaf. Both QBs have a lot of raw physical talent, but their minds are their own worst enemies. Leaf never could get his head on straight and ended up being considered a bust. VY has a ways to go before that verdict is issued, but he certainly needs to grow up and get his mind right if he wants to avoid that verdict in the end.

Now that he's no longer a Titan, I've got nothing against the guy. I wish him all the best and it will be interesting to see if a new team is the key to him taking advantage of a second chance.
Old 01-31-2011   #45
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3658 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

The Leaf comparison is valid
Vince also needs to hit the gym too
He is carrying around too much weight and loses some of the athleticism he once showed because of it. I just don't know if anyone is willing to put Vince on notice about this stuff. Isn't a family member still serving as his agent?
Old 01-31-2011   #46
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 225351 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to infantrycak

Quote:
Isn't a family member still serving as his agent?
You may be thinking about AJ. Vince Young switched from Major Adams to Tom Condon.
Old 01-31-2011   #47
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4547 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

It's been stated before, but he is 100% his own worst enemy. Just listen to the interview he did and you can tell he has really learned nothing from what is happening. His people blame everything but him and I think he buys into it. I have a hard time believing he will ever learn.
Old 01-31-2011   #48
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

He may never learn but he will get another chance to learn though

What about him in Oakland?
Good running game and some decent talent at wr and te

Of course, all bets are off on the season even existing
Old 01-31-2011   #49
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4547 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He may never learn but he will get another chance to learn though

What about him in Oakland?
Good running game and some decent talent at wr and te

Of course, all bets are off on the season even existing
I called Oakland a while ago. They like the long ball.
Old 01-31-2011   #50
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 42997 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

VY was a much bigger success than Leaf. Leaf was a disaster from the get-go, while at least Titan fans were teased by VY.

That said, man is he done as a starting QB, and my god is he delusional.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011   #51
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 54416 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by toronto View Post
VY was a much bigger success than Leaf. Leaf was a disaster from the get-go, while at least Titan fans were teased by VY.

That said, man is he done as a starting QB, and my god is he delusional.
You tell me who started most of the Cardinals games at QB. As much of a disaster as VY is, there are plenty of dumpster fire's in the league that would let him start.

It'll be even worse for him though once he doesn't have a badass ground attack/defense/o-line.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read