Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > The Blazing Arrow "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The Blazing Arrow "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 01-24-2011   #21
worldlyman
Veteran

Rep Power: 776 worldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Vince Young: "I am ... an elite quarterback in the NFL"

That Vince Young...all he does is win, baby!
worldlyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011   #22
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

You know he still doesn't get it when he laughs at the mention of backing up a QB. The dude's going to be out of a job and he's going to scoff at another chance? I can't figure out if he's just immature or a dumbass.....or both.
Old 01-24-2011   #23
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 31996 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
You know he still doesn't get it when he laughs at the mention of backing up a QB. The dude's going to be out of a job and he's going to scoff at another chance? I can't figure out if he's just immature or a dumbass.....or both.
A proud, immature dumbass?
Old 01-24-2011   #24
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

What's the over/under that JaMarcus Russell starts an NFL game before Vincent?

Old 01-24-2011   #25
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 149846 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
A sociopathic narcissist, like a vampire, cannot see his own reflection in the mirror. He, therefore, has no capacity to adjust to the "real world." He falls in love with a distorted, self-manufactured, self-serving picture that he permanently substitutes in that mirror.

Given that it was Vince "Wunderlik" Young are you sure he didn't say "I'm A elite Quaterback..."
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011   #26
Koolaid Time
Drink Up!

Rep Power: 1347 Koolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
What's the over/under that JaMarcus Russell starts an NFL game before Vincent?

Seriously, given his history of psych problems and basic "I don't give a damn" and "FO" attitude wiith the Titans coaching staff, I don't think any NFL Team will interview him, try him out or sign him.

He's exiled to his Steak House for the foreseeable future.

And I think Tony Dungy is going to quit while he is ahead when it comes to "Rehab Projects."
Koolaid Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011   #27
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 40233 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011   #28
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 173001 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

I call BS on this. VY can't spell elite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011   #29
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
I call BS on this. VY can't spell elite.
Old 01-25-2011   #30
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 268617 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Good time to bring up one of VY's famous quotes:

Quote:
“I accept what God blessed me to be: a leader, a quarterback. It comes with a lot of fame, a lot of awards, a lot of things.”
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011   #31
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 13945 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

"He was who we thought he was"

TexansLucky13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011   #32
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 147070 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Was that Vince Young or Winston Churchill? That quote gave me chills, it was so inspirational and deep.
Old 01-28-2011   #33
Dan B.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74774 Dan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respected

I think it's a little soon to be carving the tombstone on Vince's career. It will be interesting to see if Minnesota makes a push. They have a glaring hole at quarterback, and they just hired Tennessee's old QB coach. The guy didn't exactly throw Vince under the bus:

Quote:
New Vikings QB coach puts in plug for Vince Young

Leslie Frazier has made it clear the Vikings are in search of a franchise quarterback. His new quarterbacks coach already made a public sales pitch for Vince Young.

Craig Johnson, Young's former position coach with the Tennessee Titans, added fuel to the speculative fire in an interview with the Tennessean newspaper on Friday.

Johnson said he realizes his connection with Young would create questions and speculation because the Vikings need a quarterback. The Titans are expected to release Young if they can't trade him.

"My answer is going to be this: I do have a relationship with Vince, a long relationship with him," Johnson said. "But the head coach and ownership and the offensive coordinator of the Minnesota Vikings -- they're the ones that are going to make the decision. The assistant coaches coach.

"I am sure they'll do due diligence on Vince, and every quarterback who is going to be available on the market is going to be discussed ... I'll put my two cents worth on him because obviously I have more of a relationship with him that most. And then whatever decision is going to be made will be made. Obviously, I have a good working relationship with Vince, and he produced pretty well under me."

Young, the No. 3 overall pick in 2006, went 30-18 as a starter in Tennessee, but the team decided to part ways with him because of character, leadership and injury concerns and his broken relationship with coach Jeff Fisher.

"I think [Vince's] future is still to be written," Johnson said. "What I would officially say about him, and what needs to happen about him, is in the big picture he needs to be known and thought of more for what's happened on the field than what's happened off the field. I think that is true of him and any quarterback.

"I am going to go back to the late, great Steve McNair. When I'd talk about ratings and rankings and percentages of quarterbacks, Steve would hold his hand up and say, 'Craig, there is only one thing that matters for a quarterback. Do you win the game? If you are a quarterback and you win the game, that's good. If not, then it's on me.' That's how you are measured.

''Quoting what Steve said, has Vince been a winning quarterback in this league? Yes.''
Vince would certainly have his work cut out for him in Minny. He'd have the weapons, and he'd be going against the two best teams in the NFC twice a year.
Dan B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011   #34
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 52823 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Here is another gem.

Quote:
"We're great or greater; a greater, greater offense."
Old 01-28-2011   #35
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan B. View Post
I think it's a little soon to be carving the tombstone on Vince's career. It will be interesting to see if Minnesota makes a push. They have a glaring hole at quarterback, and they just hired Tennessee's old QB coach. The guy didn't exactly throw Vince under the bus:

Vince would certainly have his work cut out for him in Minny. He'd have the weapons, and he'd be going against the two best teams in the NFC twice a year.
Damn, I would love to see Vince go against the Bears, Packers and Lions defense each year. That would be pretty hilarious to watch, he wouldn't get anywhere in that division.
Old 01-28-2011   #36
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Vince is the best
Old 01-31-2011   #37
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 147070 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Damn, I would love to see Vince go against the Bears, Packers and Lions defense each year. That would be pretty hilarious to watch, he wouldn't get anywhere in that division.
He'd choke.

Old 01-31-2011   #38
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9755 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Vince is the best at smoking pole
fixed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
He would struggle in a dome, can you imagine him throwing the ball in Chicago or GB? lol
Old 01-31-2011   #39
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 41343 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

I see Vince in Cardinal Red, the desert has a Qb drought.
Old 01-31-2011   #40
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9755 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by axman40 View Post
I see Vince in Cardinal Red, the desert has a Qb drought.
Poor bastards, didn't they suffer enough shitty QB play this year?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > The Blazing Arrow "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read