Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-11-2005   #21
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

Yes, they got rid of sure handed receivers to keep people who drop the ball like Bradford. If you look at the way the 53 man squad was formed you really have to question what they are doing. I'm sorry but I have had zero confidence in this coaching staff for a long time and almost every one has had blinders to the ineptness of this coaching staff. Quite frankly, the horrible part of this, is that there is nothing you can do about it now and you will have to live with this the rest of the season. Now, Buffalo did fire their head coach near the end of last season and he decided some things had to change and the had to shore up the left side of the offensive side of the line and he got a QB coach.

Hmmm, does that sound familiar. I would venture to say that the commentators are calling us the laughing stock of the league. Carr, DD, and AJ can not do it alone. We need someone who can put things together and that includes the defense. I have a feeling a lot of people are looking to the Glenn dismissal for Buchannon. This game was a simple case of a young QB and there was no way they were going to have him match up against DRob. However, do we switch around at all. No, we keep everyone in the same position all the time.

I have stated for several years that Capers and company are incable of change during the game. They had no secondary play, and when the wheels fall off, all you see is Capers staring dumb founded with his mouth open. I'm sorry, he's not a leader and I have said that consistantly for several years now. It has the look of a very long season. Carr did as much as he could, but he has zero support. Again the announcers were laughing because essentially we ran on almost all 1st downs. They called us very predicatable. Astonishing comments don't you think? Or have you heard that from how many posters on this forum.

People take the blinders off. We have an inept coaching staff. Whose at fault, the GM or the owner? Can you get Jimmy Johnson out of retirement? I don't know whose out there right now, but it would certainly be nice if there was someone. Can you really stand watching this kind of football? How many more hits does Carr have to take? Quite frankly, Carr should tell them protect me or I'm out of here. I don't want to be a 26 or 27 year old zombie. I have a family that needs me and I certainly don't need this. He gives it his all, and I dare say, not many others are doing the same. I really do feel sorry for the players and Carr. This is simply a lousy situation.........................
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #22
Crank_It_Up
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandt38
And leave the opponents in FG range if you don't make it? How pissed would you be if that had happened?
you're missing the point, if we didn't make the first down and sustain the drive, we can't win the game due to time runnin out and too many points to make up, so the game is over... who cares if Buffalo gets a field goal or even a touchdown if we didn't make it?
Old 09-11-2005   #23
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 45929 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected
Angry Looks Like A Bad Oiler Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibar_Harry
Yes, they got rid of sure handed receivers to keep people who drop the ball like Bradford. If you look at the way the 53 man squad was formed you really have to question what they are doing. I'm sorry but I have had zero confidence in this coaching staff for a long time and almost every one has had blinders to the ineptness of this coaching staff. Quite frankly, the horrible part of this, is that there is nothing you can do about it now and you will have to live with this the rest of the season. Now, Buffalo did fire their head coach near the end of last season and he decided some things had to change and the had to shore up the left side of the offensive side of the line and he got a QB coach.

Hmmm, does that sound familiar. I would venture to say that the commentators are calling us the laughing stock of the league. Carr, DD, and AJ can not do it alone. We need someone who can put things together and that includes the defense. I have a feeling a lot of people are looking to the Glenn dismissal for Buchannon. This game was a simple case of a young QB and there was no way they were going to have him match up against DRob. However, do we switch around at all. No, we keep everyone in the same position all the time.

I have stated for several years that Capers and company are incable of change during the game. They had no secondary play, and when the wheels fall off, all you see is Capers staring dumb founded with his mouth open. I'm sorry, he's not a leader and I have said that consistantly for several years now. It has the look of a very long season. Carr did as much as he could, but he has zero support. Again the announcers were laughing because essentially we ran on almost all 1st downs. They called us very predicatable. Astonishing comments don't you think? Or have you heard that from how many posters on this forum.

People take the blinders off. We have an inept coaching staff. Whose at fault, the GM or the owner? Can you get Jimmy Johnson out of retirement? I don't know whose out there right now, but it would certainly be nice if there was someone. Can you really stand watching this kind of football? How many more hits does Carr have to take? Quite frankly, Carr should tell them protect me or I'm out of here. I don't want to be a 26 or 27 year old zombie. I have a family that needs me and I certainly don't need this. He gives it his all, and I dare say, not many others are doing the same. I really do feel sorry for the players and Carr. This is simply a lousy situation.........................
If AJ and Donta are smart they will get on the same plane as Carr and put this inept team in the rearview mirror. It will soon be to the point (if it ain't already) where no quality players will want to be here.

My gameday decisions
>Palmer needs to go......no doubt about that.
>The O line coach needs to go .....no doubt about that.
>If Capers doesn't see it... then he needs to go too!
>If Cass trades one more draft pick away, to get players like Babin (average LB at best) Buchannon (upgrade over Glenn? Yeah right) Running back like Hollings, then he needs to go too. :brickwall

>One more stinko like today I am officially a member of the "sky has fallen" club.

Pile on........
This one time Oiler fan knows a poorly coached / inept team when he see one, and this one is.
Old 09-11-2005   #24
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 104108 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Everyone does realize that IF Capers gets canned, chances slim to nil, that would leave Palmer or Vangio as the interm HC. Or lets say Palmer gets fired, Capers is calling the O. Don't expect anyone to get fired till after the season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #25
NederlandTexan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandt38
I find it amazing how many "fans" with under 10 posts to their name are standing up and whining. Here's an idea... give the team a bit of time to gel, and give yourself some time to grow up for cryin' out loud... People like you are worse than opposing teams' trolls.
I don't post much, but login almost daily. I know what your saying, but with 10 returners on offense and 107 total yards today, gelling is not our problem.
NederlandTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #26
sakebomb
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1859 sakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respected

The problem I see is that we have the same problems we had in the first year. No QB protection, to many turnovers and penalites, and we don't pressure the other teams QB. This is our fourth year and we still make the same mistakes. :brickwall
sakebomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #27
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCROD
Everyone does realize that IF Capers gets canned, chances slim to nil, that would leave Palmer or Vangio as the interm HC. Or lets say Palmer gets fired, Capers is calling the O. Don't expect anyone to get fired till after the season.
This is not a case where someone on the staff could and should become the interim coach. Either its from the outside or after the end of the season. The only thing would be if you could lure a person like Johnson out of retirement. I don't think there are many other coaches out there who could take the job.
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #28
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 104108 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibar_Harry
This is not a case where someone on the staff could and should become the interim coach. Either its from the outside or after the end of the season. The only thing would be if you could lure a person like Johnson out of retirement. I don't think there are many other coaches out there who could take the job.
You really think that if Capers get fired mid-season, someone else is going to come in as the interm HC? Who else if not someone on the staff would take the job midseason?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #29
SPRBWL
Rookie

When we stunk up the last 2 preseason games with all of the penalties, bad play calling, and just plain heartless to win. There were many people on this board defending this coaching staff talking about ( it's just a pre-season game, don't worry, they are saving their good stuff for the season when it counts)

So where is their good stuff now?

This is not just about now....this is about a pattern of incompetence from this coaching staff to take this team to the next level. It's been happening now for a while. Ibar....you hit it right on the nose.

I'm sure there will be people out there still defending this staff and saying that we are "fairweather" or "bandwagon" type fans. Ya know what?
I DONT CARE! I will, am , and forever be a HUGE Texans fan. That will not change; However, even if we were to run the tble the rest of the year and go to the SB, I can not and will not stand by and support this coaching staff!

We have the tools to better, and smarter. Do we need to make changes to the offense? Sure. Defense? Sure. Should this have been done by now? You bet! Again, Ibar and many others have been saying this from the get go.

Are we running this organization. No. Can we do much about the problems they have now? No.

Will I, or others have a minor or major stroke while this joke of a staff is in place? Maybe

One thing I do know for sure is that management needs to wake up and fix this team NOW. Better now than at the middle or end of the season so that we may prepare for the future. If not ...we may lose a lot of the talent we currently have to free agency or injury.
SPRBWL is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read