Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 01-24-2011   #1
whiskeyrbl

Default whiskeyrbls 1 -23-11 mock

In a perfect world if I were Smithiack I would try to trade back to somewhere between 16-19 so we could pick up an extra 3rd. in that scenario here is what I would like to see.

1.Stephen Paea NT Oregon State

2. Rahim Moore FS UCLA

3.a. Casey Matthews ILB Oregon

3.b. Quinton Carter S Oklahoma

4.Thomas Keiser DE/OLB Stanford

5.Stephen Burton WR West Texas A&M

6.Josh Portis QB California (PA)

7. Trevor Hankins P Arizona St.

In FA I would like to see

1. Nnamdi Asomugha CB ( highly doubt we spend the money), so if not Carlos Rodgers CB Washington

2. Paul Posluszny ILB Buffalo

3. Shane Lechler P Oak (if this were to happen my #7 pick changes )

4. Aubrayo Franklin NT SF
well there it is .... Tear it up !
Old 01-24-2011   #2
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 55882 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: whiskeyrbls 1 -23-11 mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskeyrbl View Post
In a perfect world if I were Smithiack I would try to trade back to somewhere between 16-19 so we could pick up an extra 3rd. in that scenario here is what I would like to see.

1.Stephen Paea NT Oregon State

2. Rahim Moore FS UCLA

3.a. Casey Matthews ILB Oregon

3.b. Quinton Carter S Oklahoma

4.Thomas Keiser DE/OLB Stanford

5.Stephen Burton WR West Texas A&M

6.Josh Portis QB California (PA)

7. Trevor Hankins P Arizona St.

In FA I would like to see

1. Nnamdi Asomugha CB ( highly doubt we spend the money), so if not Carlos Rodgers CB Washington

2. Paul Posluszny ILB Buffalo

3. Shane Lechler P Oak (if this were to happen my #7 pick changes )

4. Aubrayo Franklin NT SF
well there it is .... Tear it up !
I really like Stephen Paea but don't think playing nose in a 3-4 his best fit. have no problem with draft grade of mid 1st.
Rahim Moore is a very goos FS prospect. again grade of early-mid 2nd is good. Texans will need to evaluate him very closely.
Casey Matthews is undersized for 3-4 ILB. I know the bloodlines are there (similar instincts) but he's limited athletically. I want to believe but I just think a team who drafts him this high is based more on last name. tough call?
Quinton Carter would be a good get, replace Rahim Moore in 2nd with a big ol' nose tackle & take Carter here.
Keiser is not a bad pick at all 4th rd.
Burton I guess you have inside ties?
I'm down with taking a late round QB to groom.
Trevor Hankins is one of the top punters in College. I expect some teams (just look @ Jets) to draft a punter despite popular opinion you can just pick up undrafted one.
hope this helps? good job!

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011   #3
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 90711 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

yeah, 3rd round for Matthews might be overvaluing him.

He is also a smaller LB not suited to the 3-4 scheme.

I think he'd make a good MLB for a 4-3 team.
Old 01-24-2011   #4
whiskeyrbl

Thanks for the feedback, the reason I have Matthews in the thirs is Walter Football has him going in the 3rd. And NFL draft countdown have him as the 6th best ILB. I will probably make another mock, started thinking it may not be a bad idea to draft another RB since Slaton is almost surely gone and the uncertainty of Ben Tates injury.
Old 01-24-2011   #5
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9611 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

I liked Paea better before he weighed in at 295 today at the Senior Bowl. A little disappointing to say the least. Still a good prospect and strong as an ox though.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read