Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 01-21-2011   #1
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 301240 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Vince Young: "I am ... an elite quarterback in the NFL"

Quote:
Vince Young: 'I am ... an elite quarterback in the NFL'

Vince Young doesn't intend to allow the Tennessee Titans' decision to part ways to stunt his growth as an NFL QB.

The soon-to-be-available former Titans starter said in an interview with ESPN that he considers himself one of the NFL's premier QBs and that he expects to start somewhere next season.

"I'm going to go into the organization, the team, and compete. That's all I can do, and let them make their own decision after that," Young told ESPN.

"Definitely I am a starting quarterback, an elite quarterback in the NFL. I want to go ahead and start. But like it always is, the coaches have the last word."

Young laughed when asked if he could be a backup.

The Titans announced this month they would part ways with Young after the QB clashed for the final time with head coach Jeff Fisher.

Team owner Bud Adams reluctantly decided to end Young's tenure with the team and elected to bring back Fisher.

Young was the third overall pick in 2006. He earned a Pro Bowl berth in 2006 and again in 2009, but never seemed to win Fisher's trust.

He started just 20 games in his final three seasons.

Source
MEE OW!
Old 01-21-2011   #2
Texaninlild
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4558 Texaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to Texaninlild
Default Re: Vince Young: "I am ... an elite quarterback in the NFL"

I saw that and thought Psychotic might be more appropriate
Texaninlild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011   #3
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

The DSM may want to re-introduce the term neurosis.
Old 01-21-2011   #4
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Old 01-21-2011   #5
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

I really have a hard time believing he will be a starter anywhere. Maybe if he gets on a team like the Vikings, and Tavaris Jackson breaks a leg he could start, but beyond that I just don't see it. Nobody is going to bring him in and give him the keys to an offense without some serious changes in the way he conducts himself.
Old 01-22-2011   #6
Txn_in_Oki
Lucky 13

Rep Power: 26824 Txn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
I really have a hard time believing he will be a starter anywhere. Maybe if he gets on a team like the Vikings, and Tavaris Jackson breaks a leg he could start, but beyond that I just don't see it. Nobody is going to bring him in and give him the keys to an offense without some serious changes in the way he conducts himself.
Raiders?
Old 01-22-2011   #7
3rd and Inches
NFL's La Migra

Rep Power: 1035 3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected3rd and Inches is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to 3rd and Inches Send a message via MSN to 3rd and Inches Send a message via Yahoo to 3rd and Inches

I think as the years progress I am becoming sicker and sicker of Vince Young. It makes me ashamed that he's a UT alumni most days. I think the way he is so deluded into thinking the NFL or any team for that matter owes him something is so disgusting. I used to really root for the kid, but, the more he talks and claims how he's so "elite" and throws temper tantrums like a 2 year old on a field.. I can honestly say now that I can't stand him.
Sponsored links
Old 01-22-2011   #8
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184414 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

A sociopathic narcissist, like a vampire, cannot see his own reflection in the mirror. He, therefore, has no capacity to adjust to the "real world." He falls in love with a distorted, self-manufactured, self-serving picture that he permanently substitutes in that mirror.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011   #9
Koolaid Time
Drink Up!

Rep Power: 1346 Koolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respected

Now starting at Quarterback for your Florida Tuskers... Number 10, VIIINCE YOUNNNNG.
Koolaid Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011   #10
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 28635 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Well, he is elite. Not many QB's will throw their equipment into the stands.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011   #11
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184414 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzO View Post
Well, he is elite. Not many QB's will throw their equipment into the stands.
But he wasn't accurate enough to hit any of the fans!
Old 01-22-2011   #12
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 17475 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

This is what happened when I read the thread title
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011   #13
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txn_in_ROK View Post
Raiders?
Campbell and Gradkowski have a better chance of getting the starting job. I don't think even Al Davis would take a chance on him.
Old 01-22-2011   #14
burro
almost sentient

Section: on the couch, praying for a broadcast
Rep Power: 5046 burro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respected

It's this right here that makes me believe that Vince Young will never be a starter in the NFL again. The nerve it takes to act like you're hot sh!t after getting kicked to the curb in favor of Kerry Collins is staggering. All I can really say is that it couldn't have happened to a better organization.
Old 01-22-2011   #15
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Vince Young: Closer To Out Of The NFL Than Elite QB

Quote:
Vince Young is as delusional as they come. (Creative Commons)Every NFL athlete is somewhat delusional. He must be in order to make it to the pros.

The odds of making it to the NFL are a bit better than winning the lottery, but are still against the average man. Every player you see on the field on Sundays fought long odds to make it and must feel like he is the best thing since sliced bread -- if for no other reason than to merely survive out there on the field.

That said, one has to worry when he hears the nonsense coming out of Vince Young’s mouth.

In a sit-down interview with ESPN’s Marcellus Wiley earlier this week, Young’s delusional beliefs were on full display.

Asked what kind of relationship he thought he and Tennessee head coach Jeff Fisher have, Young said, “I really feel like we have a great relationship.” And by great, he must mean no relationship at all.

Young was a bit more honest on Jan. 5, when he said Fisher never really trusted him. That is the definition of a “not great” relationship.

The real comment that caught every NFL fan's attention was Young’s assertion that he is an “elite” quarterback.

Regardless of how lax his definition of elite is, even if his definition of elite is merely good enough to be a starting quarterback, this simply is not true.

Vince Young has been a massive disappointment in the NFL. The Titans’ best year in the Vince Young era was 2008, the year he got hurt and barely played.

Following the best statistical year of his pro career, 2008 was supposed to be Young and the Titans’ breakout year. Young had his number 10 retired by the University of Texas on Aug. 30 and was riding high. But reality trumped perception once again.

The reality was that Young was the main reason Tennessee was bounced from the 2007 playoffs. He passed for 138 yards and one interception and rushed for an embarrassing 12 yards in a heartbreaking 17-6 loss to the San Diego Chargers. Tennessee took a 6-0 lead into halftime, but Young was unable to get the offense into the end zone all day and the Titans were blown off the field in the second half.

That brutal playoff loss, was arguably the game that marked Fisher’s loss of confidence in Young.

When Young went down in the first game of the 2008 season, Fisher must’ve looked at it as a bolt from beyond. He was free to start Kerry Collins and run the ball 300 times with his new “elite” player, rookie running back Chris Johnson. The Titans had their best season ever, sans Young, going 13-3 with Johnson as the focal point of the offense.

Young’s status as a quality starting quarterback has never recovered.

The truth about Young is that his bread and butter play is the busted play. When a pass play goes awry, and the defense is busy chasing receivers downfield, that's when he is at his best.

Sadly, Young wasn’t even very good on busted plays in 2010. He rushed for a pathetic 125 yards and zero touchdowns in nine games to go with an anemic 1,255 yards passing. That is truly terrible. No quarterback should expect to be a starter in the NFL after a season with those numbers.

Defined as a scrambling quarterback, the most startling fact about Young is that, looking over his stats, he’s never been much of an impact rusher outside of his rookie year.

In his first year in the league, he averaged 6.7 yards per carry. Since then, his best average was 5.1 yards per carry in 2009. Compare that to Michael Vick’s worst (full) season average of 5.9 yards per carry in 2005 and the picture becomes crystal clear.

Vince Young is not an elite quarterback.

In fact, he isn’t that good at all.
LINK
Old 01-22-2011   #16
Ranger Tom
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16491 Ranger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Luckily for him, the UFL is expanding. And just maybe, he can compete there.
Ranger Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011   #17
Luv_ya_blue
1%er

Rep Power: 21296 Luv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
e·lite

   /ɪˈlit, eɪˈlit/ Show Spelled[ih-leet, ey-leet] Show IPA
–noun 1. ( often used with a plural verb ) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

2. ( used with a plural verb ) persons of the highest class: Only the elite were there.

3. a group of persons exercising the major share of authority or influence within a larger group: the power elite of a major political party.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/elite

Quote:
mo·ron

   /ˈmɔrɒn, ˈmoʊr-/ Show Spelled[mawr-on, mohr-] Show IPA
–noun 1. a person who is notably stupid or lacking in good judgment.

2. Psychology . a person of borderline intelligence in a former classification of mental retardation, having an intelligence quotient of 50 to 69.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/moron

Special Thanks to False Start for the awesome sig! U Rock!
Luv_ya_blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011   #18
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Then, I guess that makes VY and elite moron.
Old 01-22-2011   #19
Luv_ya_blue
1%er

Rep Power: 21296 Luv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Then, I guess that makes VY and elite moron.
Yes sir...I believe so!

Special Thanks to False Start for the awesome sig! U Rock!
Luv_ya_blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011   #20
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 28635 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Remember back in the day, when he was going into the draft and these board erupted because Young had IT (followed by a "he just wins"). Wonder if those MB posters think he still has IT like Vince thinks he has IT.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read