Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 01-05-2011   #1
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Bubba's Mock 1.0 3-4 D

First off I would prefer to trade towards the back of the first round and add a second round pick. Also 610 sports radio was talking about the possibility of the Texans trading Mario Williams for a CB. I wouldnt be totally against this escpecially if we got a draft pick back in the deal also hopfully a second rounder. I would also prefer to trade A Smith for whatever we can get I would be happy with a fourth rounder. But Im not adding any picks to the Texans for my mock because its clearly impossible to guess what trades might happen.

1. Panthers - Andrew Luck - Im guessing harbaugh will decide to coach the panthers and draft his favorite QB to lead the franchise. Just a gut feelling.

2. Broncos - Patrick Peterson - I think Champs either leaving in FA or is moving to safety. Either way Peterson is the perfect replacement.

3. Bills - Blaine Gabbert - Will sit for a couple years

4. Bengals - Nick Fairley - To good to pass up. If they Loose J Joseph in FA (keeping my fingers crossed) maybe they go P Amukamara. But I dont see it.

5. Cardinals - Ryan Mallet - Not sure how much they like Skelton

6. Browns - AJ Green - They need talented WR's in the worst way.

7. 49ers - Jake Locker - This might be the most sure thing in this years draft. The 49ers absolutely have to go QB in round 1

8. Titans - Cam Newton - Crap I dont want to play him twice a season.

9. Cowboys - Prince Amukamara - They need oline help but I dont see who they could take here.

10. Redskins - Blackmon or J Jones - Wow they need a QB to but who's left?

Ok even I think its crazy that I have Da'Quan Bower not in the top ten. But I guess somebody has to fall. I cant see Luck not going #1. The Cardinals, 49ers, and the Titans all desperately need QBs and the Broncos, Bills, Cardinals, Browns, and 49ers all use the 3-4. Also the Bengals have 2 pretty good youngish DE's already. With some of the coaching changes in the top ten maybe one of these teams switchs to a 4-3. If so that would likely be the team that takes him.

11. Texans - Von Miller OLB - If we keep Mario Williams and A Smith i think OLB is the right pick. If we end up trading either I would go with Stephen Paea

Round 2 - Robert Sands FS - Lord knows we need help in the secondary. I think it would be a mistake to draft a CB in the first few rounds we need veteran help there.

Round 3 - Kenrick Ellis NT Hampton - 6'5 340 I think we pickup a NT in FA to start.
Round 4 - Terrance Toliver WR LSU
Round 5 - Wayne Daniels OLB TCU
Round 6 - Chas Henry P Florida
Round 7 - Chis Dieker QB Southern Illinois 6'5 230

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011   #2
ReliantTexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 364 ReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bubba's Mock 1.0 3-4 D

It would be hard to pass up Paea at 11, but If we do go OLB in the 1st (trade down if possible) I'd honestly rather have Justin Houston. I just think he is the better all around prospect for a 3-4 OLB in the pros.

Last edited by ReliantTexan; 01-05-2011 at 11:09 PM.
ReliantTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011   #3
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

It will be interesting to see which way Wade will go if both Paea and Miller are still there at 11. I guess a lot hinges on whether we keep Mario and/or Smith, but I'm not sure Wade wants to get rid of them. They both have the size you look for in a 3-4 DE, but I don't think either one is thrilled about the switch due to their sack #'s probably dropping. Should be another interesting off season, again!
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011   #4
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Hey Bubba, how bout Marcel Dareus-DT in the 1st round? Opinion?
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011   #5
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

deleted.

I don't think Mario gets traded.... only for Nnamdi Asomugha. Then we have to go DE/NT heavy in draft and FA.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011   #6
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
deleted.

I don't think Mario gets traded.... only for Nnamdi Asomugha. Then we have to go DE/NT heavy in draft and FA.
NT yes, because right now I don't think we have a true 3-4 NT on the team. Cody might be able to play the position OK, but I'm not sure about anyone else. Most are too "light in the britches" (around 300 lbs). We need someone that weighs a good 315 to 330 and is strong as an ox but still has some quicks so he can tie up 2 blockers and collapse the pocket. As for DE, we should be able to get enough from Mario and Smith plus Bulman, Okoye, Mitchell, and Jamison who all have the size and speed you look for in a 3-4 DE. Mario and Smith may not be happy to move to a 3-4 because their sack #'s will probably drop, but maybe Wade can get creative with them, especially Mario. If not, look for one or both to be traded.
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011   #7
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 77922 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

WOW, 4 QBs in the first 8 picks.

If that happens the Texans are the luckiest team in the world to have a superior talent pushed back that far.
Old 01-06-2011   #8
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Well I guess we can forget this.

LOL your crazy Luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011   #9
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbajwp View Post
Well I guess we can forget this.

LOL your crazy Luck
Meh, he can still declare...
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011   #10
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

You could probably put Bowers in Andrew Luck's spot. The Panthers lost Peppers in free agency last year, and they probably need to replace him.
Old 01-10-2011   #11
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
You could probably put Bowers in Andrew Luck's spot. The Panthers lost Peppers in free agency last year, and they probably need to replace him.
but...but...but he's not even in his top 10?

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read