Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 01-05-2011   #1
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 39889 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Do the Titans now draft QB 1?

With Bud saying that Young is done in Tennessee, do the Titans now draft a QB in the first round round?

If so who would they take? Cam Newton? Maybe jump up and grab Ryan Mallett or Blaine Gabert?

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011   #2
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Do the Titans now draft QB 1?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppelganger1 View Post
With Bud saying that Young is done in Tennessee, do the Titans now draft a QB in the first round round?

If so who would they take? Cam Newton? Maybe jump up and grab Ryan Mallett or Blaine Gabert?
link?

I think they will trade for experienced QB, maybe Kolb, someone like that. Cam is not the same as VY but similar. Too high for Mallet or Gabert, though I would not mind as a Texan that would just push another higher rated prospect to us....

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011   #3
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 123205 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
link?

I think they will trade for experienced QB, maybe Kolb, someone like that. Cam is not the same as VY but similar. Too high for Mallet or Gabert, though I would not mind as a Texan that would just push another higher rated prospect to us....
I think they do both. They will get a guy in FA, and also draft one to sit behind for a bit. I don't think they will use their #1 on a QB, but maybe their 2nd or 3rd round pick.
Brain Cushing
JB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011   #4
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8706 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...=breaking_news
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011   #5
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 39889 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
link?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5993142

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011   #6
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
wow, thats crazy I would have never guessed this happening & now people here want to trade Mario for a CB its sureal. I think its in both teams best interest to keep their 2006 #1 draft picks embedded otherwise they'll never see full return of investment (should only trade from a position of strength).

2012 Draft was Mercilus
Old 01-06-2011   #7
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Obviously Luck will go #1. Thats what 99% of the world seems to think at this point. And after his bowl game that just reaffirms this thought.

I would put them in this order.

Jack Locker, QB, Washington
Ryan Mallett, QB, Arkansas
Cam Newton, QB, Auburn
Blaine Gabbert, QB, Missouri
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-06-2011   #8
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 123205 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
Obviously Luck will go #1. Thats what 99% of the world seems to think at this point. And after his bowl game that just reaffirms this thought.

I would put them in this order.

Jack Locker, QB, Washington
Ryan Mallett, QB, Arkansas
Cam Newton, QB, Auburn
Blaine Gabbert, QB, Missouri
Gabbert is rising up a lot of boards very rapidly.
Brain Cushing
JB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011   #9
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 110804 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
wow, thats crazy I would have never guessed this happening & now people here want to trade Mario for a CB its sureal. I think its in both teams best interest to keep their 2006 #1 draft picks embedded otherwise they'll never see full return of investment (should only trade from a position of strength).
Depends on if MW's trade value is in the ASO/Peterson range.

If they can trade MW for one of those guys they will be maximizing MW's trade value.

I wouldn't trade MW unless I got full value
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011   #10
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I think Bud's going to fire Fisher anyway so will hold off on the guessing game.
Old 01-06-2011   #11
beerlover
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
Gabbert is rising up a lot of boards very rapidly.
We discussed Gabbert in our Big Board thread. He was thrown around in the 25-28 range & I was a proponent of him because if he did declare I felt he was worth a first round grade, others did not agree so we dropped him. Our stance was his best interest should be to stay in school one more year & compete for top QB slot next year. His tools are elite but they still are developmental in regards to playing on Sundays.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
Old 01-06-2011   #12
Blake
MMQB

Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
We discussed Gabbert in our Big Board thread. He was thrown around in the 25-28 range & I was a proponent of him because if he did declare I felt he was worth a first round grade, others did not agree so we dropped him. Our stance was his best interest should be to stay in school one more year & compete for top QB slot next year. His tools are elite but they still are developmental in regards to playing on Sundays.
Yeah I was shocked he declared. Why not stay another year and be a top pick? You may be right that he is first round material due to his position. And we all know players can shoot up the board with a good combine.
Old 01-06-2011   #13
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 127449 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yeah I was shocked he declared. Why not stay another year and be a top pick? You may be right that he is first round material due to his position. And we all know players can shoot up the board with a good combine.
Rookie Wage Scale
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011   #14
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Cam Newton is going to be the next big thing.

People are scared off, due to VY and Jemarcus Russell.

But I think Cam is going to be huge in the NFL.

I had this same sort of hunch about Chris Johnson. Some guys have talent that's better than the college talent opposing them on Saturdays. Other guys have transcendent talent that equates to the pro game.

I think Cam Newton is a transcendent-type talent. Maybe not immediately, but at some point he will do pretty well.

And now I am on record for having said it. LOL. So let's re-visit this in a year or two.
Old 01-06-2011   #15
Blake
MMQB

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
I think Cam Newton is going to be the next big thing.

People are scared off, due to VY and Jemarcus Russell.

But I think Cam is going to be huge in the NFL.

I had this same sort of hunch about Chris Johnson. Some guys have talent that's better than the college talent opposing them on Saturdays. Other guys have transcendent talent that equates to the pro game.

I think Cam Newton is a transcendent-type talent. Maybe not immediately, but at some point he will do pretty well.

And now I am on record for having said it. LOL. So let's re-visit this in a year or two.
They say that every year. This is it! This guy is the guy who will change things around! And then they get suicidal, or on coke, or kill dogs and fall off the map.

But yes, you are on record.

Edit: And ill go on record as saying Newton will not be in the league after 5 years. It takes more than a large body to play QB in the NFL. And thats between the ears. If you followed the Ca$h Cam saga, you would agree that he is about as smart as a box of rocks.
Old 01-06-2011   #16
beerlover
Site Contributor

Quote:
They say that every year. This is it! This guy is the guy who will change things around! And then they get suicidal, or on coke, or kill dogs and fall off the map.

But yes, you are on record.
Ditto! Be warned GP if he doesn't work out then a fire GP soap will be created

2012 Draft was Mercilus
Old 01-06-2011   #17
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 56302 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by The1ApplePie View Post
Rookie Wage Scale
Yep. After the lockout is over and the new contracts are signed, the top picks will be getting significantly less money.
Old 01-06-2011   #18
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Gabbert would be a great Titans pick for the future of the Texans franchise.

Another QB wildly overvalued because he is a QB.

To be honest after Luck I don't think there is a first round talent QB out there.

Maybe they take a Newton type in the second, they seem to like the mobile QB type (McNair, Young).
Old 01-06-2011   #19
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1726 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Because he goes to Missouri. That is reason enough to get the hell out. Maybe he was tricked into going there initially, but after 3 years, I completely understand.
Old 01-06-2011   #20
Blake
MMQB

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1ApplePie View Post
Rookie Wage Scale
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
Yep. After the lockout is over and the new contracts are signed, the top picks will be getting significantly less money.
Well Andrew Luck is going back to school after being given the #1 draft selection already. So its not always about money.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read