Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate > Platinum & Blue Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2011   #21
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127995 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: My Blue Crew pals only!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
Sandy, love you sweetheart. I certainly understand your viewpoint. I have been very disappointed with TexansTalk over the last few weeks. I will probably continue to stick around and read, like I have been for the last few months, but not posting much.

The name calling and way everyone feels the need to tell each other what to think and how to behave is getting to me. People being different is what makes the world go round, but apparently not in football cyberspace. Here, it is absolutely vital that everyone feel exactly as you do on any given issue.
I inserted the sarcasm smiley....

Seriously though, I agree. Way too many cyber "bad-asses" as of late. Hopefully many of them will drop off (and good riddance) during the offseason.
Old 01-04-2011   #22
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 101731 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Seriously though, I agree. Way too many cyber "bad-asses" as of late. Hopefully many of them will drop off (and good riddance) during the offseason.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011   #23
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 127995 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post
Right!!!
Old 01-04-2011   #24
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll keep up with you on FB. I feel your frustration. I haven't been on here very much at all the last 6 weeks, and I have enjoyed the break. With the new job responsibilities kicking in now, I'll be even busier. I'll check in from time to time and maybe post here and there, but I am taking a LOT of time away.
Old 01-04-2011   #25
Pollardized
Division Champ

Rep Power: 78417 Pollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Man JB's gonna be pissed that you put his pic on here....
Pollardized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011   #26
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 191772 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Even though Bob didn't do what I would have done , it's not my team . Oh well come on draft .

This reminds me of the RC Slocum days at A&M . It was the old Aggies vs the new Aggies in a verbal slug fest . The old Aggies liked RC ... thought he was a good man and looked after his players ... the new Aggies were just about the wins . The new Aggies forced RC to get fired and they are just now getting back to where they were . The point is not about someone getting fired or winning , it's about burning bridges because of this stuff .

The local radio loves this because negativity sells . If the Texans would have hired Gruden or Cowher .... their would be no callers .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011   #27
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollardized View Post
Old 01-04-2011   #28
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 143166 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by shetexan View Post
i am done with texanstalk, at least until next year, and maybe permanently. If you need me for anything, or want to get in touch for some reason, you know how to find me. Just contact one of the other members, they know my number. I will not post my e-mail or phone number here. You can also reach me on fb, if you desire.

It's been fun, i love ya all, and hope to see ya during the off season. Please stay in touch!!

Gma
(hug)
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011   #29
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: My Blue Crew pals only!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
It is becoming like how the main board is now.
Yup. Problem is there is nothing to post other than venting frustration. And reading that gets old. I'm staying out of the main Texans forum for now.

Gma, I have your cell and Facebook, I know where to find you, come back soon!
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011   #30
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: My Blue Crew pals only!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
Even though Bob didn't do what I would have done , it's not my team . Oh well come on draft .
Good to see you Sunday!!!!

And sadly, until the draft, there's really nothing exciting to post about our team.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011   #31
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 143166 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Some jack-hole on YOUTUBE actually told me in real life he was a 6'4 power lifter with a 4th degree black belt! This was after calling me an "ignorant man whore" or something. I pointed out that most power lifting, blackbelts don't use terms like "man-whore."
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011   #32
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
Some jack-hole on YOUTUBE actually told me in real life he was a 6'4 power lifter with a 4th degree black belt! This was after calling me an "ignorant man whore" or something. I pointed out that most power lifting, blackbelts don't use terms like "man-whore."
Yeah, I ****ed that one up!!
Old 01-04-2011   #33
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 191772 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Yeah, I ****ed that one up!!
Bill meant power drinker wearing a black belt .

Round Dan
Old 01-04-2011   #34
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
Bill meant power drinker wearing a black belt .
Old 01-04-2011   #35
Drew_Smoke
@Drew_Smoke

Section: 117 FF
Rep Power: 611 Drew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respected

There was this fishing board at one time that was pretty Cool.

You pretty much knew everyone and everyone got along..even when they didn't agree.

Then one day there was this "chick" (No..her name is not Steph) and she was up eveyone's arse. That was the first time I ever thought to myself, "Who TF is this biatch?" And now she's some kinda big shot on the web nowadays? Lonely is what she really is...lol

That place became like a small town. There were people I liked, people I loved, people I don't know, people I don't care for and people I wouldn't piss on if they were on fire.

Personally...I think the dipshits make us look smart and feel pretty.
Drew_Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011   #36
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 59406 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollardized View Post
Old 01-04-2011   #37
Pollardized
Division Champ

Rep Power: 78417 Pollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roc Hoover View Post

You pretty much knew everyone and everyone got along..even when they didn't agree.

Then one day there was this "chick" (No..her name is not Steph) and she was up eveyone's arse. That was the first time I ever thought to myself, "Who TF is this biatch?" And now she's some kinda big shot on the web nowadays? Lonely is what she really is...lol

That place became like a small town. There were people I liked, people I loved, people I don't know, people I don't care for and people I wouldn't piss on if they were on fire.

Was it pretty 2 Cool?
Pollardized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011   #38
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 355985 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I hate to read you're leaving, Gma. Hopefully it's just a temporary break until the storm blows over.

Passion has a funny way of turning when things get down. I think a lot of Houston football fans are just frustrated and are venting on the boards and airwaves. When I wear a Texans hat or shirt, I'm always prepared for some random stranger at Target, Subway, wherever, to approach me these days to ***** about the team.

Just like a winning team can unite fans all over the city, a losing team tends to divide folks.

But, I think we're in the heat of the moment right now and things will cool down once the coaching changes are made and the draft gets closer. And I think everyone's cup will be filled with fresh koolaide by next September.

Anyway, just wanted to post my brain droppings and tell you that you are always appreciated more than you'll probably ever realize. Thanks again for your generosity and hospitality at both All Access and your tailgate. You are a valued asset to the Texans fan base, even if they have a strange way of expressing it sometimes.

God bless and talk soon, my Pasadena partner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roc Hoover View Post

I think I know a guy who is related to this chick. He was telling me about this exact same scenario on a fishing forum awhile back.
Old 01-04-2011   #39
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 54609 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I hate to read you're leaving, Gma. Hopefully it's just a temporary break until the storm blows over.

Passion has a funny way of turning when things get down. I think a lot of Houston football fans are just frustrated and are venting on the boards and airwaves. When I wear a Texans hat or shirt, I'm always prepared for some random stranger at Target, Subway, wherever, to approach me these days to ***** about the team.

Just like a winning team can unite fans all over the city, a losing team tends to divide folks.

But, I think we're in the heat of the moment right now and things will cool down once the coaching changes are made and the draft gets closer. And I think everyone's cup will be filled with fresh koolaide by next September.

Anyway, just wanted to post my brain droppings and tell you that you are always appreciated more than you'll probably ever realize. Thanks again for your generosity and hospitality at both All Access and your tailgate. You are a valued asset to the Texans fan base, even if they have a strange way of expressing it sometimes.

Damn DB, I have to pass it around before giving you more rep. You do such a great job of saying the right thing.

I will say that I have seen some serious ugliness towards other posters here lately. That part of the message board is seriously off putting to me. Unfortunately for the ones who hate me and call me names, I will be sticking around.
Old 01-04-2011   #40
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post

I think I know a guy who is related to this chick. He was telling me about this exact same scenario on a fishing forum awhile back.
I grew up outside of Pasadena but spent a lot of time there . The Pasadena Plaza , Sears and Wyats off Southmore , The High School Stadium off Burke , I've even been to Gilley's .

Round Dan

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate > Platinum & Blue Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read