Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-09-2005   #41
gr8slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wags
Chris V. is fine.

Nate is fine.

Reed I dont know about.

Parrish is out for sure.

Will says he plans on having a career day (not my words)

Im worried about who our third WR will be with Reed and Parrish out.
Old 09-09-2005   #42
eMoulds
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8slayer
Im worried about who our third WR will be with Reed and Parrish out.
Reed is playing.
eMoulds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005   #43
TigerBait
Veteran

http://www.houstonprofootball.com/pr...05/week01.html

Quote:
September 9, 2005
Stampeding Into Buffalo
by Jimmy Mohr
HoustonProFootball.com

The preseason for the Houston Texans is finally over, and it could not have come soon enough. Strong performances against the Broncos and Raiders were followed by pathetic outings against the Cowboys and Buccaneers. The big question entering Week 1 of the 2005 season is which team will come running down the tunnel on Sunday? The answers begin in Buffalo where the Texans will visit the Bills at Ralph Wilson Stadium this weekend.
TigerBait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005   #44
mouldsmachine1
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by swisher
The Bills will be wearing throwbacks this weekend:

Much better than what they usually wear.
we all agree
mouldsmachine1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005   #45
sandt38
Bills Fan

Rep Power: 21 sandt38 is a Hall of Famersandt38 is a Hall of Famersandt38 is a Hall of Famersandt38 is a Hall of Famersandt38 is a Hall of Famersandt38 is a Hall of Famersandt38 is a Hall of Famersandt38 is a Hall of Famersandt38 is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8slayer
I cant stand those people, they still think Drew Bledsoe would have been our best option.
Who? At BB.com? What are you doing, reading undertakers moronic posts and calling them the general voice of the forum?

Hola once again Texans fans. For those of you who remember me, good to see you... for those of you who don't, I come in peace.

FoxSports seems to feel Buffalo is amoung the cream of the crop, so I question the comparison just as much as eMoulds does.

Quote:
5. The Bills will play the second weekend in January

I love this defense.

You can even make the case that the combination of Takeo Spikes, London Fletcher and Jeff Posey make up the best linebacker core in the NFL.

Takeo Spikes leads a ferocious Bills defense. (Jeff Roberson / Associated Press)

Nate Clements changes the game at the cover corner position.

Lawyer Milloy and Troy Vincent bring experience and attitude at the safety position.

Sam Adams, Chris Kelsay and Aaron Schobel are beasts up front.

Jerry Gray is a great defensive coordinator and deserves to be a head coach.

Willis McGahee is a star.

And enough with this talk about the opposition stacking the box with JP Losman at quarterback. Did teams fear Drew Bledsoe last year?

Losman is fearless and smart. He's a tremendous athlete who can escape from potential tacklers, just like Big Ben in Pittsburgh last year. And coach Mike Mularkey can run his entire playbook, filled with rollouts, something he couldn't so with the backfield statue that was Bledsoe last year.

Eric Moulds and Lee Evans make for an explosive pair at wide receiver.

And I loved how this team came from the dead last year.

They will finally reach the playoffs in the Tom Donohue reign in lovely Western New York.
Source

We own the defensive side of the ball and the special teams, and they will be the reason the Bills will score points, and the Houston offense will struggle. While we are terribly unproven at QB, we have JP surrounded by enormous talent, and they should be able to help him appear less like a rookie than he really is. I don't see a huge win in our favor, but I do think the Bills will end your game 1 win streak.

Good luck Texans fans, and I hope to join you again this year for some discussion.
sandt38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005   #46
MOOGYMAN

Default yet another bill's fan

Good afternoon texan fan's. I'm not here to rag on your team, or say that the bill's are going to wipe the field with your team. As with everyone of you, I have no clue as to what is going to happen tomorrow. Just the fact that the season start's in mere hour's has got me pumped, as I am sure that most of you feel the same way....well you should anyway.

The Texan's and the Bill's both have their issue's, both good and bad. Even so, I think that there is an excellent chance that it will be a game worth remembering.....well, at least until next weekend

Win or lose, I wish your team the best of luck. Just have fun tomorrow people. It's been a loooong off season, and i'm just ready to get this ******* started.
Old 09-10-2005   #47
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 347 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected

Nice post Moogy, and welcome to the board!

It's going to be a great game tomorrow, and good luck to your team!

I wish for a close game that is injury free for both sides!
Texans Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005   #48
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Today Is Here!!!!!
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read