Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 12-20-2010   #281
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 129410 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Weekly Sit/Start Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post
Dude... I need 8 measly points to get into the championship game, which I would then be in both finals for both my money leagues.

Stupid Metrodome roof!!! I would be way less concerned with my two WRs Earl Bennett and Johnny Knox getting me those points indoors!!
Yeah, I'm hoping it winds up 2-0...
Brain Cushing
Re: Foster v. Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
Foster is expendable
JB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010   #282
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 32471 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
Yeah, I'm hoping it winds up 2-0...
No! Heres the problem with being commissioner. Everyone gives you thier money in the beginning and what, its just supposed to sit there untouched?!?
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010   #283
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 129410 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
No! Heres the problem with being commissioner. Everyone gives you thier money in the beginning and what, its just supposed to sit there untouched?!?

I'm up by a little more than 6... other guy has Longwell going tonite.
Brain Cushing
Re: Foster v. Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
Foster is expendable
JB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010   #284
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Dude... I need 8 measly points to get into the championship game, which I would then be in both finals for both my money leagues.

Stupid Metrodome roof!!! I would be way less concerned with my two WRs Earl Bennett and Johnny Knox getting me those points indoors!!
Looks like Knox got you your points for sure.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010   #285
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 37218 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm in the championship this weekend. Who would you start?

Eli Manning @ Packers

Jason Campbell Home vs Colts

Tim Tebow home vs Texans

I'm leaning towards Tebow. I just don't trust Eli in Green Bay and I also love any QB vs Texans. Except Rusty Smith.
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010   #286
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 32471 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
Looks like Knox got you your points for sure.
Yeah man, and quickly. No complaints!
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010   #287
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray View Post
I'm in the championship this weekend. Who would you start?

Eli Manning @ Packers

Jason Campbell Home vs Colts

Tim Tebow home vs Texans

I'm leaning towards Tebow. I just don't trust Eli in Green Bay and I also love any QB vs Texans. Except Rusty Smith.
Yuck. Eli. I dont trust a rookie QB in his 2nd start even against the Texans.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010   #288
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm in the Super Bowl this week with a nice +23 point projection right now. My QBs are
Josh Freeman against Seattle

David Garrard against Washington

or I could pick up one of these guys on the wire:
Tim Tebow against Houston
Kerry Collins @ KC
Rex Grossman @ Jax
Shaun Hill @ Miami

Any suggestions? Right now I'm going with Freeman, but Tebow sounds like a good pickup...
Old 12-23-2010   #289
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 18298 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
I'm in the Super Bowl this week with a nice +23 point projection right now. My QBs are
Josh Freeman against Seattle

David Garrard against Washington

or I could pick up one of these guys on the wire:
Tim Tebow against Houston
Kerry Collins @ KC
Rex Grossman @ Jax
Shaun Hill @ Miami

Any suggestions? Right now I'm going with Freeman, but Tebow sounds like a good pickup...

Its tough to go with Tebow, part of me thinks he explodes and part of me thinks he regresses, its basically a high-risk, high-reward thing IMO.

Kerry Collins is solid but he's playing against a decent KC defense that can rush the passer and cover WRs. Unless Nate Washington has a big day, Collins is not going to light up the scoreboard. He should do decent but nothing impressive.

Rex Grossman tends to be hot and cold. He plays well one game than completely sucks it up the next.

I would stick with Freeman and or Garrad who plays a weak Redskins defense that struggles against the pass.
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010   #290
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan4Ever View Post
Its tough to go with Tebow, part of me thinks he explodes and part of me thinks he regresses, its basically a high-risk, high-reward thing IMO.

Kerry Collins is solid but he's playing against a decent KC defense that can rush the passer and cover WRs. Unless Nate Washington has a big day, Collins is not going to light up the scoreboard. He should do decent but nothing impressive.

Rex Grossman tends to be hot and cold. He plays well one game than completely sucks it up the next.

I would stick with Freeman and or Garrad who plays a weak Redskins defense that struggles against the pass.
I'm thinking Freeman over Garrard now that MJD looks to be out. I don't think the run game will be as good without MJD to share the load. The guy I'm playing against just picked up the Jax DST and Rashard Jennings in place of Pierre Thomas. I'm really really really hoping Jennings doesn't do crap without MJD to do the power running for him.

I like Freeman, but he just never goes off for 25+ points. Consistently gets me 15-20 each game, which is fine, but not great when I'm up against Aaron Rodgers...
Old 12-25-2010   #291
Ckw

Need some help at QB.

Rivers @ Cin or Schaub @ Den?
Old 12-26-2010   #292
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw5814 View Post
Need some help at QB.

Rivers @ Cin or Schaub @ Den?
Rivers no question. AJ may be sitting out and Cincy is awful on D. Just check the weather though, I believe both are open air stadiums.
Old 12-26-2010   #293
Ckw

Man, I knew I should have listened to my gut and started Schaub. Rivers has been TERRIBLE!!!!!

Old 12-26-2010   #294
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw5814 View Post
Man, I knew I should have listened to my gut and started Schaub. Rivers has been TERRIBLE!!!!!

What do you mean? They had nearly the same stats, only a 50 yard passing difference, and Schuab had a fumble. In my league they were 3 points different because Rivers loses 1 for the sack.
Old 12-27-2010   #295
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
What do you mean? They had nearly the same stats, only a 50 yard passing difference, and Schuab had a fumble. In my league they were 3 points different because Rivers loses 1 for the sack.
Rivers pulled it out in the end. I spoke too soon. At the time of me writing that, it was the 4th quarter and Rivers only had 5 fantasy points. Turned out okay. Too bad the championship game lasts two weeks instead of one. Looks like I might win this week.

In my league, Schaub scored 16 and Rivers 14. No big deal.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read