Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-26-2010   #41
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 52955 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans random thought of the day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
If Kareem Jackson fell in the woods, would it make a sound?
Nah, the receiver is already halfway across the meadow...
Old 12-26-2010   #42
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 109602 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Why couldn't this game been played in London or Mexico?

we could have had someone take the coaching staffs passports and leave them there
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010   #43
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 109602 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
texans opposing QB ratings per game

Manning (Colts)109.8
McNabb 119.0
Romo 127.6
Gradowski 78.8
Manning (Giants)89.1
Cassel 122.9
Manning (Colts)89.9
Rivers 137.2
Garrard 134.1
Sanchez 100.2
R Smith 26.7
Vick 103.3
Flacco 107.5
Collins 102.3
Tebow 89.4
Garrard ????
average opponents QB rating this season *updated* 102.52 (thanks Rusty)

FML
even rusty's game couldn't bring a QB rating to under a 100

Last edited by Wolf; 12-27-2010 at 05:23 PM.
Old 12-27-2010   #44
Wolf
100% Texan

I know some don't go to the draft section much but this was my thought with this weeks game coming up

Quote:
I personally think the Texans will come out and stomp the Jags this weekend and ruin their season, it is what we do

I want the Texans to win, but I don't want for them to be picking middle of the road again and miss out on an impact player and I definitely don't want them to trade picks to move up.

it seems like a huge swing in draft position.

I am conflicted as a fan on this one. sacrifice one game for the future of of the Texans (maybe I am having a Rockets moment on how they when they got Akeem (spelled that way at the time)
basically a swing from #7 to #14(worst case scenario with a win) unless there are some major upsets (which I doubt) and best case scenario the Texans could move up to #4 (again I don't see that happening)

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...56#post1619556
Old 12-31-2010   #45
Wolf
100% Texan

Wow and to think Richard Smith was charged with 2nd degree murder of the Defense
Old 12-31-2010   #46
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87776 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Bottom Line BoB
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010   #47
Wolf
100% Texan

Old 01-01-2011   #48
Wolf
100% Texan

one of the best Texan pictures EVER!

I love the look on "The foreheads" face

Old 01-02-2011   #49
Texanator
Rabid Brahma

Rep Power: 3349 Texanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
I'm sure that some figure the Cowboys are better than the Texans 'cause they fired their coach midway thru the season so at least they recognize the problem...
Last week of the regular season, both teams at 5-10. If both teams win or both lose then identical records. Except for the fact that we have the last ranked defense in the entire league. We've given up 277 ypg in the air, and last but not least................ They kicked our butts big time this season.
By my calculations, the Cowgirls are the better team. God this depresses me!

You mess with the Bull, you get the horn!
Texanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011   #50
Wolf
100% Texan

if you click the quotes, they will go to the link )
my search for Texan news on topix and I get this link
Quote:
Daniels, Okoye encourage kids to "Play 60"Read the original story

14 min ago | Houston Texans

Texans tight end Owen Daniels and defensive tackle Amobi Okoye participated in the NFL's Play 60 Super School Visit on Friday at Smith Elementary.
Comment?

and what the hell did it link too?

Quote:
Community

The Article may have expired or has been deleted.

Damn even off the football field the Texans can't Play 60

(BTW I thought it was actually funny)
Old 01-22-2011   #51
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

losing record, man.
Old 02-08-2011   #52
Wolf
100% Texan

Old 02-15-2011   #53
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 206631 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

The thought of a lock out next season and no football is makin me ILL.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011   #54
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 148026 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
The thought of a lock out next season and no football is makin me ILL.
Look at it this way, only 550 days, give or take, until Camp opens!
Old 02-17-2011   #55
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 206631 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
Look at it this way, only 550 days, give or take, until Camp opens!
Camp opened two days ago .... For the Stro's.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Old 04-24-2011   #56
Wolf
100% Texan

Quote:
The National Football League announced that 32 legendary NFL alumni, one representing each team, will announce every selection of the second round during the NFL draft Friday night.

Announcing the Texans second round pick will be Houston native Aaron Glenn who played for the Texans from 2002-04.
http://www.houstonnews.net/story.php?rid=44841373

can he just announce himself as the pick and put on the jersey?
Old 04-24-2011   #57
Wolf
100% Texan

figured some would like this avatar

Old 04-25-2011   #58
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16635 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

I wonder where David Carr will be next year new coach he'll maybe he will like Carr and make him the starter In San Fran
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011   #59
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
I wonder where David Carr will be next year new coach he'll maybe he will like Carr and make him the starter In San Fran
We dont speak those words around here - Its "He Who Will Not Be Mentioned" = HWWNBM for short. Or you can call him Mr Mittens.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Old 07-27-2011   #60
Wolf
100% Texan

Friday can't come soon enough.. all these rumors are killing me

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read