Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2005   #61
big sarge
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 big sarge is on the Pro-Bowl ballotbig sarge is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

I must say this. I think Manning would do a hell of alot better than Carr. Why? Well just the audibules he throws at defenses would confuse anyone. He is not only smart he's a field general. He commands respect and blocking from his line. David Carr is too nice because if I got sacked that many times there is no way in hell that a string of words would not shoot from my mouth evertime I talked to my o-line in regards to them thinking we are playing a highschool team. Manning commands respect Carr just wants it. I'm telling you if I was a QB who got sacked the refs would be calling me for face mask against my own players because I would make there lives a living hell everyday. Also Manning is to the point where he can probably interject to the coaches who he wants to block for him, just like Elway had power within the Broncos organization. Carr needs to have a hand to throat talk with his o-line and I think they will not only listen but respect him more.
Old 09-09-2005   #62
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crank_It_Up
those guys were great quarterbacks...err....if only it had been flag football instead of tackle
Those guy's woulda sucked even in Flag football ..... :brickwall
I remember Carlson was suppose to be the next big thing when the Oilers drafted him ..... What a joke . We should be happy with Carr .... Even if he isnt the worlds greatest QB it could be Much worse !

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtech9
Yeah, I remember them....My dad says that he would take both of them over ex-Oiler QB Don Trull. My dad said that Trull was supposed to be the savior for Houston, but turned out to be one of the biggest busts.

Trull was a few years ahead of my time .... According to that card I was One when he retired ....

http://www.footballcardgallery.com/1972+Topps/156/ In this pic Dante looks eerily similar to Carr

Last edited by Corrosion; 09-09-2005 at 10:46 PM.
Old 09-09-2005   #63
gwallaia

Rep Power: 66021 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

I just read the first post on this thread. Sign a petition to bench David Carr? How do stupid ideas like this pop into people's heads?

We are among the "Them"
Old 09-09-2005   #64
gr8slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia
I just read the first post on this thread. Sign a petition to bench David Carr? How do stupid ideas like this pop into people's heads?
Dont know but it worked in Buffalo with Drew the Statue Bledsoe.

Old 09-09-2005   #65
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 53673 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

I know it's cliche but it's true: QBs take too much heat when things are bad and get too much credit when they're good.

Everyone expects Peyton Manning like production from a QB. Funny thing is- Peyton gets criticized by Indy fans for not winning big games. Elway was criticized until the end of his career. Cowboy fans wanted to trade Aikman and keep Steve Walsh. The list goes on and on. Carr is three years into his career and I believe most NFL personnel people would tell you that he is in the top half of NFL starting QBs... I certainly can't name 16 that are better than he is. Let's not forget that he's still learning the position.
Old 09-09-2005   #66
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 300095 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8slayer
Dont know but it worked in Buffalo with Drew the Statue Bledsoe.
It worked? Umm, no. It may, and probably will, but it hasn't happened yet.
Old 09-09-2005   #67
gr8slayer

Everyone remember this quote by the great Bill Parcells (notice the sarcasm)

"The most popular guy on the team is always the backup QB"

Makes all the sense in the world.

Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read