Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Tickets, Memorabilia and Gear
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12-22-2010   #1
OrangeLotPole8
Veteran

Section: Bullpen 116
Rep Power: 3716 OrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Season ticket prices next year?

I was just wondering if Bob will have the gall to increase tickets prices AGAIN after the fine year we are having. Price increase is actually alarming for the product we have had to endure:

Seats prices in 2002 2010

116 $46 $70
519 $35 $56
620 $30 $35

What do you all think?
Old 12-22-2010   #2
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3753 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Season ticket prices next year?

I think I will pay it regardless....
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010   #3
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 165989 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

I hate to be cynical. But there will always be that other marketing "gimmick".......like a Cowher hire, a promising high draft choice, an exciting FA or two, a new tutu for Toro.........something that will justify an increase in ticket prices, parking fees, food and beer price increases...or size/portions decrease............expect everything to be promoted as guaranteeing bigger and better........except prices........which will only be guaranteed as bigger.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010   #4
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 207979 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

I hope they go up and continue to do so every year.
Old 12-22-2010   #5
BIG TORO 
TERADACTYL #23

Section: Bull Pen!
Rep Power: 17946 BIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Bob probably will raise prices Im predicting section 116 to be at least $75 if not $80.

Sig Courtesy of False Start
BIG TORO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010   #6
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 278082 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Of course they'll go up in price. It's a business the end of the day, and the point of business is to profit. And if the demand is there, then the supply will increase in price.

Winning or losing is not indicative of ticket prices, because this team has increased prices year after year with few exceptions and they have won absolutely nothing of note.

Heck, my tickets went up after 2-14! I didn't like it, but I bought them again.
Old 12-22-2010   #7
burro
almost sentient

Section: on the couch, praying for a broadcast
Rep Power: 5046 burro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respected

Out of curiosity, how much do season tickets typically cost on average? I ask because I'll be moving back to Houston in a few months and would like to purchase them if they are within my means.
Old 12-22-2010   #8
OrangeLotPole8
Veteran

Section: Bullpen 116
Rep Power: 3716 OrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respected

as cheap as $300 per ticket for the season, up to $3870.50 for the club level....... best for the value is 600 endzone that is $350 per ticket for the entire season and you dont have to have PSL's for those seats.
Old 12-22-2010   #9
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
I hope they go up and continue to do so every year.
Yes, I'm aware you chunked your season tickets. Soooo... why do you hope they raise prices?
Old 12-22-2010   #10
burro
almost sentient

Section: on the couch, praying for a broadcast
Rep Power: 5046 burro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeLotPole8 View Post
as cheap as $300 per ticket for the season, up to $3870.50 for the club level....... best for the value is 600 endzone that is $350 per ticket for the entire season and you dont have to have PSL's for those seats.
That's not too terrible. Is it more expensive on the shady end (when the roof is open)?
Old 12-22-2010   #11
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 207979 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
Yes, I'm aware you chunked your season tickets. Soooo... why do you hope they raise prices?
I hope they raise prices simply to affect the demand side of things. Supply is what it is, so the demand side has to change if we want to see change.
Old 12-22-2010   #12
DoCRoN
Veteran

Section: 608!!
Rep Power: 1328 DoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobie View Post
I think I will pay it regardless....
this

Old 12-22-2010   #13
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 38282 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
I hate to be cynical. But there will always be that other marketing "gimmick".......like a Cowher hire, a promising high draft choice, an exciting FA or two, a new tutu for Toro.........something that will justify an increase in ticket prices, parking fees, food and beer price increases...or size/portions decrease............expect everything to be promoted as guaranteeing bigger and better........except prices........which will only be guaranteed as bigger.
I'm sorry that image caused me to laugh out loud. Just imagining showing off Toro in a new designer tutu and then using it as an excuse to raise ticket prices made me chuckle.

Thanks for brightening up my day!!

Now, if Toro was an elephant...

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010   #14
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
I hope they raise prices simply to affect the demand side of things. Supply is what it is, so the demand side has to change if we want to see change.
Valid answer but easy for you to say now that you're no longer a season ticket holder.

I appreciate the response and honesty as always.
Old 12-22-2010   #15
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppelganger1 View Post
I'm sorry that image caused me to laugh out loud. Just imagining showing off Toro in a new designer tutu and then using it as an excuse to raise ticket prices made me chuckle.

Thanks for brightening up my day!!

Now, if Toro was an elephant...
You must have missed Toro's pathetic attempt at turning himself Battle Red. He should have used two cans of spray paint instead of just the one.
Old 12-22-2010   #16
DoCRoN
Veteran

Section: 608!!
Rep Power: 1328 DoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respectedDoCRoN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You must have missed Toro's pathetic attempt at turning himself Battle Red. He should have used two cans of spray paint instead of just the one.
When they unveiled "Battle Red Toro" rapelling down from the rafters, I was certain that would lead to a win vs. the Ravens. Alas, maybe your observation is correct - two cans of Battle Red paint were needed instead of one. Hopefully we will learn from this shortcoming, invest in an additional can, and win our Battle Red game in 2011.
Old 12-22-2010   #17
eriadoc
Texan-American

Quote:
Valid answer but easy for you to say now that you're no longer a season ticket holder.

I appreciate the response and honesty as always.
I said the same thing when I let go my tickets. I thought then and think now that PSLs are legal racketeering. As long as people continue to increase the money they pay to the NFL, they will continue to get increasing ticket prices, blackout rules that are ridiculous, increasing parking and concessions prices, and they will continue to be at the mercy of millionaires and billionaires with regard to labor disputes that affect their entertainment dollar.

It's just a cold, hard truth in life that you get more of what you subsidize. I understand it at a personal level, and I can also step back and analyze it logically. I did so and therefore made the choice I made. I don't expect too many will do that, so therefore I hope the prices rise to unsustainable levels.
Old 12-30-2010   #18
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1157 ubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeLotPole8 View Post
I was just wondering if Bob will have the gall to increase tickets prices AGAIN after the fine year we are having. Price increase is actually alarming for the product we have had to endure:

Seats prices in 2002 2010

116 $46 $70
519 $35 $56
620 $30 $35

What do you all think?
Just keep a eye on fuel and food prices....they will be going up rapidly and I do think the prices on the tickets will be increased. Don't blame the oil companies don't blame the food producers and don't blame the NFL owner...blame the government for all the bailouts and for printing money more and more money with nothing backing it. I just wondering if we will even have a 2011 season.
ubecool454 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Tickets, Memorabilia and Gear
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read