Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 12-10-2010   #261
Bigbots_02
Veteran

Rep Power: 46 Bigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Weekly Sit/Start Discussion Thread

I need some serious advise fellas. Im in the playoffs in a 12 man league. Only 8 people left. The pot is about $900 if I win. This is my STARTING LINE UP:

QB Matt Schaub, QB Bal 12.83

WR Andre Johnson, WR Bal 11.10

WR Reggie Wayne, WR @Ten W, 30-28 10.91

RB Jamaal Charles, RB @SD 8.66

RB Arian Foster, RB Bal 16.29

TE Benjamin Watson, TE @Buf 3.95

W/R Dwayne Bowe, WR @SD 8.52

K Matt Bryant, K @Car 9.66

DEF Kansas City, DEF @SD 10.38

THIS IS ON MY BENCH AND WHO THEY PLAY
RB: Jonathan Stewart, Atl
RB: Pierre Thomas, Stl
RB: Ryan Torain, Tb
WR: Robert Meachem, Stl
QB: Sam Bradford, No
DEF: Dallas, Phil

Help would be appreciated... My opponent had Manning last night.
Zach Miller, TE
Old 12-10-2010   #262
Bigbots_02
Veteran

Rep Power: 46 Bigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigbots_02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbots_02 View Post
I need some serious advise fellas. Im in the playoffs in a 12 man league. Only 8 people left. The pot is about $900 if I win. This is my STARTING LINE UP:

Zach Miller, TE
What bothers me the MOST is Houston against Baltimore
Old 12-10-2010   #263
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 52823 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbots_02 View Post

Zach Miller, TE
I wouldn't change a thing man.
Old 12-10-2010   #264
Bigbots_02
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_txtech View Post
I wouldn't change a thing man.
But how do you feel about Bowe playing without cassel?
Old 12-10-2010   #265
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 52823 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Bowe is definintely shaky without Cassel but I still think he might be your best option. Stewart goes up against a stingy ATL run defense, Thomas I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't play, and Torain is coming back from a hammy and I doubt if he gets too many carries. If you don't feel comfortable starting Bowe, I would go with JStew instead.

Schuab does have a scary matchup but would you rather roll with Bradford against the Saints 3rd ranked pass defense?
Old 12-12-2010   #266
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Should I start Blount or Ivory at the flex?
Old 12-16-2010   #267
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Non PPR. Thinking about sitting Marshall for Floyd. Any other opinions on this lineup?

Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010   #268
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

I got Roddy White, Greg Jennings, Lance Moore, Danny Amendola and Mike Thomas. I need to start 3 of them, 1 PPR league.

I'm thinking White, Jennings and Moore...
Old 12-16-2010   #269
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
Non PPR. Thinking about sitting Marshall for Floyd. Any other opinions on this lineup?

I would start Floyd as Marshall hasn't done anything for weeks. Floyd at least had some good games in the last few weeks, but neither is a great option. Might want to check the wire for a better one
Old 12-16-2010   #270
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
I think you have a better chance for more points with Blount because you know he will get carries. From what I have read, Thomas will be getting some carries for the Saints, but I'm not sure how many Ivory will get, if he plays at all.
Old 12-16-2010   #271
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
That's a tough spot to be in. Ivory has 5 TD's in his last 4 games and the Saint's offense has been on fire lately. On the other hand, Reggie Bush and Pierre Thomas are both back and both had more carries than Ivory last week.

Ivory is playing @BAL and the Ravens have one of the best run defenses in the league. Blount is playing vs Det who has one of the worst run defenses in the league.

Blount is probably the safer play but Ivory has more upside IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post

I would go with Floyd, Marshall has been garbage this year and Floyd at least has upside. I can't see the image of your lineup on my work PC.
Old 12-16-2010   #272
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
I got Roddy White, Greg Jennings, Lance Moore, Danny Amendola and Mike Thomas. I need to start 3 of them, 1 PPR league.

I'm thinking White, Jennings and Moore...
White and Jennings are no brainers, even if Rodgers is out. I would go with Moore.
Old 12-19-2010   #273
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8706 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected

Garcon or Jennings?
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010   #274
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 18298 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexMexVato View Post
Garcon or Jennings?
If by Jennings you mean the WR, then maybe but Rodgers is out so Garcon might be your best option because we don't how Matt Flynn will do.
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010   #275
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8706 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected

Yep, thanks T4E.
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010   #276
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 18298 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexMexVato View Post
Yep, thanks T4E.
If you started Garcon, he has 5 rec. for 44 yards and 0 TDs. He should get a TD before the game is over but will see...
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010   #277
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_txtech View Post
I would go with Floyd, Marshall has been garbage this year and Floyd at least has upside. I can't see the image of your lineup on my work PC.
Woohoo! I made all the right calls this week.

Kerry Collins 15
Roddy White 12
Vincent Jackson 29
Ronnie Brown 9
Jacob Tamme 3
Jonathan Stewart 11
Nate Kaeding 10
NE Def 16

Total: 105

Only player I missed was Brandon Marshall 14. And I still have Adrian Peterson playing tonight.

Whats that? I am a lock to win this week? Well thats a big fat NO!

Opponent has:

Michael Vick 38
DeSean Jackson 9
Brandon Lloyd 13
Ray Rice 35
Zach miller 3
Santana Moss 19
Janikowski 15
SD DEF 12

Total: 144 and he still has Matt Forte to play..

FML.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010   #278
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

I'm up by 16 in my big money league going into tonight. My opponent has Greg Olsen, so I'm hoping he does his usual 2 catches for 10 yards thing. I know I can beat the other team that advanced, so I really want to win this one!

-also, I should have started Amendola and/or Thomas over Jennings and Moore Both got a lot of return yards for points!
Old 12-20-2010   #279
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 127449 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

I was on a 6 game winning streak, then, one game short of the finals, I had to play a guy that had:

Vincent Jackson
Mike Vick
Calvin Johnson
Arian Foster
Darren McFadden
Kevin Boss
NE Defense

Lost by 70 pts
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010   #280
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 32471 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Dude... I need 8 measly points to get into the championship game, which I would then be in both finals for both my money leagues.

Stupid Metrodome roof!!! I would be way less concerned with my two WRs Earl Bennett and Johnny Knox getting me those points indoors!!
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read