Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-16-2010   #21
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 16683 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316
Default Re: Bill Cowher isn't coming to Houston

Agreed. He's not.

Kubiak = 2011 coach.
Old 12-16-2010   #22
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 114610 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Never have I wanted McClain to be so wrong as now.
You and me both. The nightmare of keeping this staff here, when the "Perfect Storm" of the Denver opening and Cowher open to the idea of coming here is almost too much to bear.

Unfortunately, it'll take the Luxury Box owners telling McNair (in no uncertain terms) that they won't be renewing their leases if a change isn't made.
Old 12-16-2010   #23
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2409 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

John McClain also thought there was no way Cushing was moving to the middle hours before it happened. He really has no contacts in this regime.
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010   #24
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 85968 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
#6 in rushing yards per game.

#7 in passing yards per game

#6 in total offense.

#6 in 3rd down conversion percentage.

#1 in converting 3rd and <=1 yard.

#3 in first downs per game.

#3 in average gain per rush.

#6 in yards per pass play.

#6 in redzone conversion percentage.

#6 in rushing yards allowed per game.

#7 in rushing yards allowed per attempt

That all sounds pretty ****ed up to me.

Bush is the same guy who fixed their defensive problems last season and from week three on they were a top flight unit. How soon we forget.

There are a lot of things to complain about ,

The offense starting slow
The defense inability to get off the field on 3rd and long
The lack of turnovers forced , their inability to stop the pass
LB's who cant cover a TE or RB
Missed tackles galore
Dropped passes
A QB that cant throw an accurate deep ball or skips passes to a reciever when he could easily run for a 1st down

If there was anything I would complain about personel wise it would be that they didnt bring in a veteran corner to begin the season.

Lots of shit to ***** about but to say Kubiak ****ed it all up is just silly.

This team is ever so close to being very good for a very long time.
Sorry but I a refuse to be a Lions fan. If you guys want this team to be Detroit south then yeaaa! you are having a pretty decent season.

But with my expectations 5-8 is not close to being good. The only thing that matters is W/L. Everything else is irrelevant.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010   #25
2slik4u
All Pro

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 11791 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
According to John McClain

http://houston.sbnation.com/houston-...ing-to-houston

However JM also swore last season that there was no way that VY would be a Titan this season.
Hopefully based on this we can conclude that Cowher is coming after all.....

Next on the list?

I will ask JM to write an article about the Texans never making the superbowl in the next three years. Hopefully he is some sort of reverse nostradamus.
Old 12-16-2010   #26
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 21813 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Sorry but I a refuse to be a Lions fan. If you guys want this team to be Detroit south then yeaaa! you are having a pretty decent season.

But with my expectations 5-8 is not close to being good. The only thing that matters is W/L. Everything else is irrelevant.
Hookem,

I was born, raised and went to college in Michigan. You are 100 percent correct. I saw the slow acceptance of mediocrity by Lions fans over many years, and it damaged that franchise. That's why I'm so hard on this team. We are a relatively young franchise, and we have to decide on what culture we want RIGHT NOW. If we settle for a mediocre/losing culture, it will be our identity for a LONG time. We can't settle. We just cant.

Baltimore fans are pissed at being 9-4. Jets fans are upset at being only 9-4.

That's how you set a tone for a franchise.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010   #27
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
Hookem,

I was born, raised and went to college in Michigan. You are 100 percent correct. I saw the slow acceptance of mediocrity by Lions fans over many years, and it damaged that franchise. That's why I'm so hard on this team. We are a relatively young franchise, and we have to decide on what culture we want RIGHT NOW. If we settle for a mediocre/losing culture, it will be our identity for a LONG time. We can't settle. We just cant.

Baltimore fans are pissed at being 9-4. Jets fans are upset at being only 9-4.

That's how you set a tone for a franchise.
It ticks me off that we're not 13-0 with 3 SB wins behind us!!!

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010   #28
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I agree completely that this team hasnt met its expectations but I cant place the majority of the blame on Kubiak. He has put them in position to win games , thats his job. The players have failed to come thru.

That said , I dont think they are very far off from beling an elite team for many years to come. With a good secondary this is probably a 13 win. Thats the only thing holding them back .... their inability to stop the pass.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010   #29
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I agree completely that this team hasnt met its expectations but I cant place the majority of the blame on Kubiak. He has put them in position to win games , thats his job. The players have failed to come thru.

That said , I dont think they are very far off from beling an elite team for many years to come. With a good secondary this is probably a 13 win. Thats the only thing holding them back .... their inability to stop the pass.
Really?Because Monday night he didn't have them prepared and they came out flat. They were down 28-3. In my book the players, especially Schaub, came through to make it a game and Kubiak failed them with his playcalling and planning. That is how most of the games have gone. It is on him to get them in the best position to win and he hasn't. If anything they have had to overcome his wasted timeouts and bad challenges just to stay in games. I'm not sure how that doesn't resonate.

As for the last paragraph...they are just as close to 2-3 wins right now than 13. Sorry.

I feel like this is a game of "thank you sir, may I have another" for some.

Old 12-16-2010   #30
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
Really?Because Monday night he didn't have them prepared and they came out flat. They were down 28-3. In my book the players, especially Schaub, came through to make it a game and Kubiak failed them with his playcalling and planning.
On the Texans first drive , 2nd and 7 , Schaub underthorws (AGAIN) a wide open AJ for what should have been a TD. If Schaub throws an accurate pass the Texans are on the board early and the game likely goes in a different direction.

The Ravens first drive - They had them deep in their end 3rd and 14. The pass is caught short of the first down. A missed tackle leads to a first down. Make that stop and give your offense a short field.

How many dropped passes directly resulted in Texans drives ending ? There were 5 drops in the first 12 pass attempts.

One of which turned into an INT , a short field for the Ravens and a TD.

A later drop by JJ cost them 4 points when he missed an easy one in the back of the endzone which resulted in them settling for a FG instead. Make that catch and with how the rest of the game went , the Texans win in regulation.

On the TD return to open the second half , how many missed tackels ? At least three Texans missed.

Sounds to me like there is more of a problem with players executing the gameplan rather than a problem with the plan itself. Had they executed early , there probably isnt the need for a frantic comeback at the end.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010   #31
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
On the Texans first drive , 2nd and 7 , Schaub underthorws (AGAIN) a wide open AJ for what should have been a TD. If Schaub throws an accurate pass the Texans are on the board early and the game likely goes in a different direction.

The Ravens first drive - They had them deep in their end 3rd and 14. The pass is caught short of the first down. A missed tackle leads to a first down. Make that stop and give your offense a short field.

How many dropped passes directly resulted in Texans drives ending ? There were 5 drops in the first 12 pass attempts.

One of which turned into an INT , a short field for the Ravens and a TD.

A later drop by JJ cost them 4 points when he missed an easy one in the back of the endzone which resulted in them settling for a FG instead. Make that catch and with how the rest of the game went , the Texans win in regulation.

On the TD return to open the second half , how many missed tackels ? At least three Texans missed.

Sounds to me like there is more of a problem with players executing the gameplan rather than a problem with the plan itself. Had they executed early , there probably isnt the need for a frantic comeback at the end.
I'm saying this in a way that isn't supposed to come off as condescending but "you do know that player execution and preparation is on the coach right?" I mean alot of execution comes from practice and reps and familiarity. Of course he can't physically make them do things but he can beat the execution into their heads. Kubiak is supposed to be a QB friendly guy. Why is Schaub regressing then(if that is your contention)? Kubiak helped bring these players in and he has to get them ready every week. If he is making the same tactical/preparation errors game after game and the players are sloppy game after game, that is on him to correct in practice. If the player is not learning, then don't play him. The coach prepares a team for battle and week in and week out they are not prepared. That is why there are elite teams and where the Texans are at...coaching....guys who get the most out of their teams and who have them ready for each game. It is the definition of coaching.
Old 12-16-2010   #32
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 61665 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Cowher ain't coming...

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Fitzmagic!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010   #33
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Homer reporter willing to spout misinformation for cheeseburgers = check

team with a desperate need for it's fans to accept that a much better coach won't come here = check

team that needs to make a mediocre coach look like the best option for next year = check

They're just trying to poison you. Of course a big time coach like Cowher wouldn't come here He refuses to work with a team that has a. young talent b. excellent fanbase c. straight cash homey d. a desperate need for a winning identity, attitude, defensive coaching all of which Cowher brings.

I wonder how much cash McClain eats for doing this. The brain ordered the mouth to speak. Mouth's reward? Cheeseburgers!
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010   #34
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 14086 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316 View Post
Agreed. He's not.

Kubiak = 2011 coach.

Of the Broncos

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read