Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-16-2010   #61
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 325689 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Schedule must be weighed in predicting outcomes

Let me start this post with "Fire Kubiak"

Five years is five years. I don't care about the play-offs, that's never been my yardstick for success.

Giants, Chargers, Jets, Philly, Baltimore...... goose egg..... We have not beaten one good team on our schedule all year. The Cowboys who was considered a good team last year, we lost as well, & their struggles (especially when we played them) is well documented.

We have the opportunity to finish 4-2 in our division, with a win over the Colts.... so maybe that might sway my mind when it's over, but right now...... get rid of 'em.

That said, let's look at how the AFC teams have fared against their strength of schedule.

Titans....... .547........ 5-8
Texans..... .547........ 5-8
Bengals.... .539....... 2-11
Jags...... .535..... . 8-5
Patriots... .531..... . 11-2
Browns..... .516........ 5-8
Colts....... . .516....... 7-6
Ravens...... .508...... 9-4
Bills............ .500...... 3-10
Dolphins..... .500...... 7-6
Jets........... .500...... 9-4
Raiders...... .500...... 6-7
Steelers..... .492...... 10-3
Chiefs........ .488...... 8-5
Broncos..... .484...... 3-10
Chargers..... .453..... 7-6

There were 4 teams that finished 2009 at 9-7 last year. If you believe the "you are what your record says you are" line of thought, how do you think the Texans, Ravens, Jets, & Steelers did?

How do you think their coaches did?

How do you think their franchises did?

so far.
Old 12-16-2010   #62
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 325689 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
That said, let's look at how the AFC teams have fared against their strength of schedule.

Titans....... .547........ 5-8
Texans..... .547........ 5-8
Bengals.... .539....... 2-11
This is really my question.

Fisher & Lewis are considered better coaches than Kubiak, yet the Texans will finish the season (most likely) with a better record than either team (if we win out).

So if you are among those that think play-off coaches Fisher & Lewis are better than Kubiak, what does it say about Kubiak that he'll finish better, even though Fisher went & got Moss? the Bengals went & got T.O. the Bengals got Benson, the Titans have CJ2K & Jason Babin...

If you think Fisher & Lewis are bona-fide head coaches, & Kubiak does just as well as they have against roughly the same schedule.... wouldn't that put Kubiak in the same league?

If those coaches have play-offs in their past, wouldn't it stand to reason Kubiak has play-offs in his future?

Like I said last post, I'm perfectly fine with getting rid of Kubiak, if he ends up taking a team to play-offs after play-offs, after play-offs, it will be because he got fired by the Houston Texans.
Old 12-16-2010   #63
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 37160 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
This is really my question.

Fisher & Lewis are considered better coaches than Kubiak, yet the Texans will finish the season (most likely) with a better record than either team (if we win out).

So if you are among those that think play-off coaches Fisher & Lewis are better than Kubiak, what does it say about Kubiak that he'll finish better, even though Fisher went & got Moss? the Bengals went & got T.O. the Bengals got Benson, the Titans have CJ2K & Jason Babin...

If you think Fisher & Lewis are bona-fide head coaches, & Kubiak does just as well as they have against roughly the same schedule.... wouldn't that put Kubiak in the same league?

If those coaches have play-offs in their past, wouldn't it stand to reason Kubiak has play-offs in his future?

Like I said last post, I'm perfectly fine with getting rid of Kubiak, if he ends up taking a team to play-offs after play-offs, after play-offs, it will be because he got fired by the Houston Texans.
Why is Kubiak's name being mentioned with ANY current NFL coach? ALL
are more accomplished than he. I think your current signature expresses
the sentiment of the vast majority of the fanbase. After all, there
were guys in the bullpen hitting the padded walls in unison as they
chanted "Bill Cowher! Bill Cowher!" on Monday Night Football.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK's Current Sig
ITsOhVah (for Kubiak's regime)
Old 12-16-2010   #64
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
Why is Kubiak's name being mentioned with ANY current NFL coach? ALL
are more accomplished than he.
I thought I laid the context out pretty well. Those coaches finished 9-7 last year. Just like the Texans. If you believe you are who your record says you are, then the Texans are the same as the Jets, Ravens, & Steelers.

Then the three toughest schedules this year, Titans, Texans, Bengals.....
Old 12-16-2010   #65
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
It's an old cliche, but to be the best we must beat the best. Nuff said
That's special. We've beaten two teams with a winning record. Colts at 7-6 and the Chiefs at 8-5

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read