Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-18-2006   #61
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 72571 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss
That one blue chip got burned all night. There was a particualr play, where it looked like he was expecting help in the middle. Instead of making the tackle, then complaining, he stops and throws his hands up.

What's up with that??

That Blue chip looked kinda green to me.
I saw that and was shocked. I think DR might be reading his own press. He hasn't looked great since he had Glenn across from him and Coleman in the middle.
Old 09-18-2006   #62
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 211500 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan279
Just my opinion but I think we need a running back and major help in the secondary. I didn't get to watch the game yesterday, but after the rave over Gado after we traded for him I haven't read anything about what he did yesterday. And now Salaam will be starting at LT, I still think we should have held onto Wand.
I still think we should hold off on Runningback..... Kubiak should have the OL(which so far have been doing better in pass blocking(giving up 9 sacks) than they have been in run blocking.......

now later on, someone is going to use this post against me.... I only count the OL for 1 sack going into this game, and haven't broke down this game yet.... but I think they are doing fairly well, considering.

But run blociking they've been getting beat and Man handled.......

now the backfield.....

for the philly game, it was all linebackers...... McNabb & Westbrook took our lunch money and bragged about how we did nothing to stop them. Linebackers cover as well, and ours was making it easy for McNabb..... I suspect the same with Indy........ I'll try to force myself to watch the game again.

But Dunta was getting beat more than Sanders...... that ain't supposed to happen. Sander's problem has been that he's looking in the backfield, to support the run..... Dunta may have been doing the same. I think our DLine is doing as good as we can expect when we are changing the lineup every down & distance...... but our Linebackers have got to step up, so our safeties aren't always in prevent mode.
thunderkyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006   #63
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I still think we should hold off on Runningback..... Kubiak should have the OL(which so far have been doing better in pass blocking(giving up 9 sacks) than they have been in run blocking.......

now later on, someone is going to use this post against me.... I only count the OL for 1 sack going into this game, and haven't broke down this game yet.... but I think they are doing fairly well, considering.

now the backfield.....

for the philly game, it was all linebackers...... McNabb & Westbrook took our lunch money and bragged about how we did nothing to stop them. Linebackers cover as well, and ours was making it easy for McNabb..... I suspect the same with Indy........ I'll try to force myself to watch the game again.

But Dunta was getting beat more than Sanders...... that ain't supposed to happen. Sander's problem has been that he's looking in the backfield, to support the run..... Dunta may have been doing the same. I think our DLine is doing as good as we can expect when we are changing the lineup every down & distance...... but our Linebackers have got to step up, so our safeties aren't always in prevent mode.
I cannot say for 100% on the backs TK, but I know our secondary is in dire need of help. I just have a feeling right now that we do not have our answer at running back yet. Maybe I am wrong.
Old 09-18-2006   #64
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 72571 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

now the backfield.....

I have them down for 4 sacks. That's including Putzier getting embarrassed by Kearse. I consider TE's as part of the line. I have Carr down for 3 and the backs for 2.
Old 09-18-2006   #65
WhyIsItAlwaysNextYear
Veteran

Whether we want to acknowledge it or not we still have a lot of crap on this team! Itís amazing how a few weak players can drag down your better players because of their need to take up the slack. Better coaching will improve the team but it takes better players to become a champion! Kubiak knows what he is doing, he kept sending the guys out and making them fight even though they were getting their a**es handed to them. Itís not the preseason anymore, once they cut it down to the 53 man roster especially on a quality team like the Colts their second team can bring it. Learning comes through repetition; you donít just pull your guys and go home because you are losing! As far a Kubiak being the same as Capers, that is BS! He stood right there in front of the camera and said we will not win until Carr plays well all 4 quarters! He called the stats misleading, Capers would never have spoken so directly, he would have given us the same old RC Sllooowwcum speech of the guys played hard and we have a bunch of good young men here and we will get them next time. We are a bad team; we were screw by the previous coach and Gm and wasted more of our previous draft picks than were used efficiently. That is going to cost us big time this year! Itís not fun to accept but we have a mediocre team at best who is starting the year with a terrible schedule which makes it all seem far too familiar. The Philly defense managed to get to Eli 8 times this week and Indy has put up more than 40 on some good teams last tear including the Patriots and the Bengalís. The next two weeks we face two teams that are struggling Washington and Miami, if we donít show improvement in those two games it will indeed be a miserable season. They say patience is a virtue but for Texans fans this year itís going to be a necessity!
WhyIsItAlwaysNextYear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006   #66
dat_boy_yec
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 dat_boy_yec is on the Pro-Bowl ballotdat_boy_yec is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

It's easy to make that assumption saying Kubiak is the same as Capers judging from the results, but I have to disagree. The first game yeah I was truly disappointed, but then I thought about it. This is Kubiaks first game, it's his reality checks. I mean for him to come out and try some things he thought would work and have them blow up in his face is part of becoming a better coach if you learn from those mistakes. If you noticed Kubiak did learn some things from last game and while they were not hugely evident they were there. You noticed when we motioned the RB into the slot or wherever it was not an empty backfield there was somebody still back there if they needed to pick up the blitz. The thing I saw was that the pre-designed plays failed. The west coast offense comes out with what 10-15 scripted plays? Don't get me wrong I think it was stupid to make the first one a roll-out, but again this is something Kubiak will learn from. It didn't help that we couldn't get those 10-15 plays off in one drive, but again I think he will learn the scripted plays aren't necessary. Then the thing that gets me is how the coaching get's the blame, but had our players not messed up it would have been an entirely different game. I'm not saying we would have won or anything, but it would have been different. The second play where the snap was messed up we don't know what it was it may have been successful and we don't know if they ran the same play the next time they had a chance or went on to the next play on the list. What I do know is that stupid mistakes caused alot of drives to end. A 15 yd. penalty for a cut block where we ended up punting on fourth and one. Had it not been for that penalty we would have gotten the first down for sure and opportunity to keep going. I mean simple things like that mental mistakes on the field. I could go on, but I don't feel the need or inclination to do so. However our team did a lot better in the second half so I gotta say our coaching staff is learning. I'm sure we'll see some stupid calls or mistakes next week, but they'll be less often and the week after that until we realize our coaching staff does know what it's doing.
dat_boy_yec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010   #67
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 80847 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kubiak is no different from Capers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibar_Harry View Post
I'm ticked, because we have been lied to again. Here me out before you start foaming at the mouth.

When Kubiak came here he said he would do what the players do best and are best at and capable of. Lefts talk about Indy for a moment. They have absolutely zero running game. What do they do? They use their strength the passing game to get the job done. The run is a side light to the rest of the game just like the 49ers of the past.

Folks we are in the same position. We have excellent wide receivers and TE's and what do we do? Of course you have to run the ball to Pass. That is absolute BS. Kubiak has the same 1 dimensional approach. If you can't run then its time to try the other avenue particularly when your strengths are your receivers. We should be stepping back and passing on every down instead of running twice and then getting into an obvious passing situation. Sorry, but I'm not happy with what I'm seeing and its time that all of these coaches wake up.

Defensively we have no clue. We are being eaten alive by a very good QB. However, we have seen the same think in two games and they have stated they are not going to try to put pressure on the QB. It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. I'm sorry, but I'm extemely disappointed in what I'm seeing.

You are going nowhere with the current play calling. They are going to call all of the plays and get results like this. Why not let Carr call his own plays it can't be any worse than what we are seeing. Let AJ and Moulds come back in the huddle and tell Carr what they think is open. The two times in the past we did that we were successful. I have never liked coaches calling the plays. I have always wanted the QB's calling the plays and the coaches telling them what they are seeing when there are problems. There are simply two different perspectives of the game. What the QB may be seeing at ground level is very different from an overhead view. However, if the QB can't see it because of what the defense is doing, then you need to do what they can see.
Wow Ibar Harry, your post is just as relevant today as it was over 4 years ago ... and guess what? This team has still never made the playoffs.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010   #68
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 296584 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Ibar Harry, aka David Carr's love child, is the fine example of the old saying about a blind squirrel getting an acorn sometimes.

In spite of the currently on-going and sometimes heated debate between the Sunshine Club and the Fire Kubiak Club, I am sooooo glad that the Fresno Mafia is no longer around to grace our company with their blasts of devoted love toward HWWNBN.

Two names that are a blast from the past: "the wonger need food" and "SESupergenius"
Old 12-15-2010   #69
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 80847 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
"SESupergenius"
Was he the same as SESCoyote? He was the one that tried to destroy the website by logging into the server and destroying the database because of some issue he had with Vinny. IIRC he deleted most of the files before I figured out what was going on.

He had access because he helped with the initial move to here from the official site. He had a falling out with Vinny and I accidently left a back door open for him and it almost destroyed the site.

Fortunately I had the server backed up or Texans Talk as we know it today would have never existed.
Old 12-15-2010   #70
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Quote:
Ibar Harry, aka David Carr's love child, is the fine example of the old saying about a blind squirrel getting an acorn sometimes.

In spite of the currently on-going and sometimes heated debate between the Sunshine Club and the Fire Kubiak Club, I am sooooo glad that the Fresno Mafia is no longer around to grace our company with their blasts of devoted love toward HWWNBN.

Two names that are a blast from the past: "the wonger need food" and "SESupergenius"
They are blasts from the past. Wow.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010   #71
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Rep Power: 296584 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
Was he the same as SESCoyote? He was the one that tried to destroy the website by logging into the server and destroying the database because of some issue he had with Vinny. Fortunately I had the server backed up or Texans Talk as we know it today would have never existed.
yep, I believe that's one in the same.

And both of those posters are still in infinite timeout.
Old 12-15-2010   #72
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Quote:
yep, I believe that's one in the same.

Yeah, I think trying to destroy the website is cause for a perm ban.
Old 12-15-2010   #73
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Quote:
You're probably right.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010   #74
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Quote:
I had forgotten about that little incident. What a friggin' jerk. Good riddance.
Old 12-15-2010   #75
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 300095 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I believe he has recently reincarnated at HT.com but so far he has behaved himself after being gone 2-3 years. Funny thing is he was actually a pretty knowledgeable football guy but he would just fall off the rails and go psycho occasionally.
Old 12-16-2010   #76
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 97853 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
I believe he has recently reincarnated at HT.com but so far he has behaved himself after being gone 2-3 years. Funny thing is he was actually a pretty knowledgeable football guy but he would just fall off the rails and go psycho occasionally.
Maybe ya'll should come up with a psych test before people are allowed in the No Spin Zone

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read