Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-15-2010   #21
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Your opinion on the roof being closed Monday night?

I love the roof open, especially night games. Love it love it love it.

With that said, I understand it would probably be louder with the roof closed so I have no problem with it (but only for that reason!)
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010   #22
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10688 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CretorFrigg View Post
It should be -50 to 70.

Now we are going the opposite direction of the original thread posting and sounding more like wussies.

I think it should be 40-80 but I do like the noise when the roof is closed so I see benefits either way.
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010   #23
sandmanx
Veteran

Rep Power: 2264 sandmanx is a quality contributor and well respectedsandmanx is a quality contributor and well respectedsandmanx is a quality contributor and well respectedsandmanx is a quality contributor and well respectedsandmanx is a quality contributor and well respectedsandmanx is a quality contributor and well respectedsandmanx is a quality contributor and well respectedsandmanx is a quality contributor and well respectedsandmanx is a quality contributor and well respectedsandmanx is a quality contributor and well respectedsandmanx is a quality contributor and well respected

I heard that it's no longer a hard 50-80 rule anymore, and they use their best judgment now, whatever that means. I'd personally like to see it closed above 85F, and open otherwise unless it's raining.
sandmanx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010   #24
scourge 
Digression King

Rep Power: 3215 scourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
50/80 Rule was implemented after the Pittsburgh game a few years back. It was somewhere around 46 or 47 at kick-off.
That game was brutal, especially in the endzone on the Bull Pen side. Not amusing at all. There were all kinds of heat related illnesses during that game. Sunburns, too.

Didn't help that we were crushed by the Steelers. They had more fans cheering than we did from what it sounded like when we were there. Not to mention that was the game P-Burnt did that Olay!!! to allow the rb(believe it was Parker) an easy touchdown.

Quote:
"He who makes a beast out of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." - Samuel Johnson
scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010   #25
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

ESPN had something to do with it being closed. When we drew the MNF game they contacted the Texans and requested it to be our Battle Red game. I read this someplace, can't remember when. SOOO, I wasn't surprised to see it closed, regardless of the temp.
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010   #26
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 30074 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
ESPN had something to do with it being closed. When we drew the MNF game they contacted the Texans and requested it to be our Battle Red game. I read this someplace, can't remember when. SOOO, I wasn't surprised to see it closed, regardless of the temp.
I'm lost. Why would ESPN request that game to be our Battle Red game? And what does Battle Red have to do with the roof being open or closed? And why would ESPN specifically want the roof closed? If anything, they were probably upset because they couldn't get good visuals from the sky. Reliant looks fantastic on tv at night.

I'm just a little confused by what you're saying.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010   #27
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
I'm lost. Why would ESPN request that game to be our Battle Red game? And what does Battle Red have to do with the roof being open or closed? And why would ESPN specifically want the roof closed? If anything, they were probably upset because they couldn't get good visuals from the sky. Reliant looks fantastic on tv at night.

I don't know why! I read that after the sch came out! It was a long time ago, and I don't remember if it was online or via media. ESPN is all about marketing, and the Texans were SUPPOSE to be playoff bound, lots of hype back then. Battle Red day has traditionally been a very exciting, fun, media packed game. I don't know WHY this is, it just is! Seeing the stadium and fans all decked out in Red is appealing on TV, and they make a big deal out of it. Heck, they went downtown and dressed all the statues in red, plastered BATTLE RED all over town, the mayor even made Monday officially Battle Red Day. Woudn't look as appealing to see 70,000 different shades of jackets opposed to mostly red shirts and jerseys. They gave out thousands of red shirts Monday night to make sure the ALL RED looked good for ESPN! But, they do that every year. Most likely it was a co effort by the Texans and ESPN.
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010   #28
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 115066 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
We are either 4-0 or 5-0 in games with a field temp below freezing.
I think the Philly game a couple of weeks ago blew our perfect cold weather record. Prior to that, we were undefeated.
Old 12-15-2010   #29
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagonhed View Post
Who do you think would have had an advantage with a lower temperature? I'll give you a hint: it's not the Texans.
I was in 8 degree weather watching the Texans beat the Packers at Lambeau. I find your thoughts on the matter, unsound.
Old 12-15-2010   #30
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398918 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post

Santa Claus. We gave the gift of victory to the Ravens.
Old 12-15-2010   #31
CretorFrigg
Fire Rick Smith

Rep Power: 35618 CretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't like the roof closed. Like I mentioned earlier, it should only be closed if it's over 80 degrees. Who cares about the cold? That's FOOTBALL weather!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Santa Claus. We gave the gift of victory to the Ravens.
lol! I wish I could rep you again.
Old 12-15-2010   #32
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdollaz View Post
I know it is a small thing as compared to what is happening on the field, but I was a little pissed at the roof not being open Monday night.
Just another example of the "thinking power" of this franchise.
Old 12-15-2010   #33
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 30074 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
I was in 8 degree weather watching the Texans beat the Packers at Lambeau. I find your thoughts on the matter, unsound.
Hey! I was at that game. It was a blast. We stayed at the team hotel in Appleton. The people in Appleton-Green Bay are nice as all get out, and Packer fans are cool.

That was a fun trip. Though, sadly, yet another $1,200 I've sunk into this team and it's brand over the last five years with nothing in return....
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010   #34
Craig.
Nosebleeds

Rep Power: 3280 Craig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respected

They don't seem to have any qualms about opening it when it's a few degrees over 80. This kinda ticked me off.
Craig. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010   #35
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 81427 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
I think the Philly game a couple of weeks ago blew our perfect cold weather record. Prior to that, we were undefeated.
6-1 in games below 40 degrees. 2-0 in games below 10 degrees.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010   #36
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 123205 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig. View Post
They don't seem to have any qualms about opening it when it's a few degrees over 80. This kinda ticked me off.
Yeah, the early game I went to this year was brutal in the sun... And I think it was like 76 at kickoff, supposedly.
Brain Cushing
JB is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read