Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-06-2005   #101
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7857 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

If the release of Swinton and Thomas means we get to bring in a decent defensive lineman, I can be all for it but until then.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005   #102
NoBullTexan
Veteran

Hawthorne is too much of a doper to take a chance on.
Old 09-06-2005   #103
Meisterman
Veteran

How about picking up Quentin Griffin ...and putting Hollings on the Practice Squad

Quentin is a local guy (positive), has game experience (positive), apparent good guy (positive) who made a mistake an attended school named after "Dirt Robbers" (negative).
Meisterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005   #104
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 143 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meisterman
How about picking up Quentin Griffin ...and putting Hollings on the Practice Squad

Quentin is a local guy (positive), has game experience (positive), apparent good guy (positive) who made a mistake an attended school named after "Dirt Robbers" (negative).
Hollings isn't eligible for the practice squad. We'd have to cut him, if we picked up Griffin.
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005   #105
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14555 Hottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, at least the defending Super Bowl Champions, & winners of 3 of the last 4 Super Bowls, had enough sense to pick up Wesley Britt. What would it have hurt to sit him on the Practice Squad? This team needs a LT for the future, & if Britt hadn't been injured, he might've gone in the first round. I just don't get it. It's not like we're so deep in talent that we can't let a potentially solid LT heal up on the PS for a little while. :brickwall

The Texan Question Marks
Welcome to "Sack City, USA"!
Hottoddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005   #106
William.carter
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcoolguy
Hollings isn't eligible for the practice squad. We'd have to cut him, if we picked up Griffin.
And the problem with that is??? Griffen is already used to working with a Zone blocking scheme. He'd be a perfect fir for depth and would be a value pickup while dumping Hollings in the process. Sounds like a win-win to me.
William.carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005   #107
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 148338 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by William.carter
And the problem with that is??? Griffen is already used to working with a Zone blocking scheme. He'd be a perfect fir for depth and would be a value pickup while dumping Hollings in the process. Sounds like a win-win to me.

Un-Believable .... Im agreeing with the Barfalo Bills #1 Troll

Quentin Griffin would be a huge upgrade over Hollings
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005   #108
William.carter
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by corrosion
Un-Believable .... Im agreeing with the Barfalo Bills #1 Troll
I'm A Die Hard Texans Fan!

Last edited by William.carter; 09-06-2005 at 10:34 PM.
Old 09-07-2005   #109
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 148338 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by William.carter
I'm A Die Hard Texans Fan!

WOOPS ! ... i got yer name mixxed up w/ WillisXPress ...dont ask me how but i did :brickwall

Either way Griffin would be a nice upgrade over Tony Hollings
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005   #110
Mr Shush
Veteran

Quentin Griffin: personally, I can live without a guy who only averages 3.7 yards a carry behind the Denver offensive line - the Denver offensive line, for crying out loud - and fumbles once every thirty touches. The only positive thing to be said about Quentin Griffin is that he's better than the guy Denver signed to replace him. Unfortunately, that guy is Ron Dayne, whose best chance at looking like a top level sportsman is to make like a Spanish basketball player and pretend to be handicapped so he can compete in the Paralympics.

Teyo Johnson: if he was going to learn to block, he would've done by now. As it is, we'd be getting a younger version of Miller but with questionable attitude. My guess is we'll just run more 4WR in obvious passing situations than we have in the past, and I like that idea better than using up roster space on a guy who isn't really the answer.
Mr Shush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005   #111
feebleminded

Rep Power: 9067 feebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Shush
Teyo Johnson: if he was going to learn to block, he would've done by now. As it is, we'd be getting a younger version of Miller but with questionable attitude. My guess is we'll just run more 4WR in obvious passing situations than we have in the past, and I like that idea better than using up roster space on a guy who isn't really the answer.
Makes sense... been in the league for 2 whole years already.....
feebleminded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005   #112
William.carter
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by corrosion
WOOPS ! ... i got yer name mixxed up w/ WillisXPress ...dont ask me how but i did :brickwall
There was no foul on the play. First down Texans! *whistle blows*
Old 09-08-2005   #113
wags
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 wags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famer

Texans | Mruczkowski Worked Out
Thu, 8 Sep 2005 06:56:15 -0700

Mike Reiss, of the Boston Globe, reports free agent OL Gene Mruczkowski (Patriots) worked out for the Houston Texans, but he hasn't been signed to a contract.

Texans | Interested in Carlyle
Thu, 8 Sep 2005 12:07:00 -0700

The Houston Texans have shown an interest in free agent DB Calvin Carlyle (Ravens).

from www.kffl.com

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read