Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-15-2010   #25
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kareem Jackson

1. On 3rd and 1 (after two run plays), the Bears attempted a run to the left (double tight-ends on this side. Actually, the FB traded place with one of the TEs: FB 86 lined up outside the TE - I just consider him the 2nd TE; the TE 82 Olsen lined up in the regualr FB spot in the straight I formation - I just consider him the FB.) Olsen was the culprit in this play (or the inside TE, depending on how one slices it.)
McCourty was the primary force and got around the edge to stop the RB Forte for a one yard loss. Good play on McCourty's part.
The Pats were in their base 3-4 defense with a 2-deep cover.
RCB on the lone receiver on the weak side, LCB McCourty near the LOS on the strong side.
(Notice the safety lined up about 5-6 yards right behind MCourty; that's protection!)
The outside TE 86 hook-blocked on the LOLB; the inside TE blocked the LDE.
The Bears pulled their RT 73 and C 57 to lead block on the outside of the 2 TEs.
The two TEs were pushed back initially (especially the inside TE), making it difficult for the RT to kick out on the LILB.
FB 82 was supposed to block McCourty (IMO; especially as we see that the RT had no intention to when McCourty went oustside.)
It even looks like the FB 82 wanted to avoid McCourty, really.
With the blocks slow to develop in front of him, Forte took a step or two more than he should have. That gave McCourty plenty of time to get there.
IMHO, this is called dancing around behind the LOS.
Needing only one yard for the first down, I think Forte should have pressed right behind the RT and C no matter what (they both missed their blocks eventually.) Forte probably didn't want to run into the back of the C 57, but still I think he needs to press the hole immediately.
McCourty did what he was instructed to do and was rewarded with a TFL due to poor blocking by the FB Olsen (or his missing of assignment.)
That ended the Bears first drive.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read