Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-07-2005   #1
Cheroqui
Veteran

Question Waste of time or a thought?

I was wondering what some of you thought about trying a vet or free agent as a backup HB if someone doesn't work out. Take Eddie George or Trung Candidate for example. Is that a waste of time or a try it once type of deal? As far as player like Eddie is he like Jerry Rice with a "time to give it up" situation, or could he get it done in certain situations if someone gives him a chance?
I only ask because I know he's older now, but if you look at Ron Dayne from the Giants, now on Denver it looked like he was going to be a sad story but now he is starting to move. Maybe because Fassel and Coughlin didn't let him play; but then again anyone can run behind Denver's line.

What do you think about it?
Old 09-08-2005   #2
Crank_It_Up
Veteran

I think we should look at some track and field athletes, the high jumpers in particular. Since the 0-line won't be opening up any holes, a high jumper might be the only hope.
Old 09-08-2005   #3
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Run blocking isnt gonna be the trouble this year. The line is built for it, but pass blocking leaves a ...little to be disired.
BigBull17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005   #4
LBblitz
Veteran

I mean no disrespect by this but I think that the RB position is the least of our team's worries...

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read