Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-10-2010   #41
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 248395 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Kareem Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Conspiracy Theory from TK.

Yeah, except the team's puppet masters have failed to do anything else this board has figured out.

Fail.
My point is that this staff has done "things" to try to fix the problem.

Not what we'd like to see them do..... There are several opinions on this board, about what needs to be done. I wanted Cromartie, the Texans didn't like him. Several people here didn't like him.

Some folks aren't happy that we didn't go after him. Like we would win a bidding war with NY....
Old 12-10-2010   #42
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 248395 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Brice McCain has been awful...

I don't want to say that he can never be a good player, but I would not have him on the field unless there were a few injuries...

I am more willing to throw Molden out there, who I have not seen at all....
No doubt, McCain has been awful, but I think he is more a true cover corner..... than KJack....

If our coaches are coaching him to play the same way they expect KJack to play..... it'll never work....... he'll look awful.

McCain played much better last year.
Old 12-10-2010   #43
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Without getting into this BS again. I've already mentioned Myers playing better this season, but that doesn't change my thoughts of his performance last season. Injury or not, he sucked last season.
Of course, I did not miss your post when you mentioned better plays from Myers this season (your idea, not mine; since I don't see hardly any difference, the cirscumstances are different is all.)

When I finally retire for real, I will offer you (or anybody else for that matter) to sit down and go over each and every single play in the 09 season.

At least, I have made the effort to watch each and every play to see how each and evey player (as much as the camera angles allow) on both sides of the ball perform.

If you can show me that Myers suck (or KJ) as compared to their counterparts in a 16-game season, I will treat you to an honorary drink of your choice, be it a Bud Light or a Louis XIII Cognac. (I believe I've already made a similar offer.)

And then I will go on this board and admit that Myers and/or KJ suck!

If one chooses to be a casual fan or semi-serious hardcore, there are any and all kinds of goats out there to choose from, suit yourself.

But as one who learns to love the game for all the intricacies, I just have to say that people really need to do their homework.

That was what I really want to post; however, in light of sportmanship and such, let me just say that everybody is entitled to their opinion.

Just let me quote Bill Walsh:

If there's one thing that frustrates me a little bit about fans and the media, it's that they really don't - and they can't - grasp the mind-boggling and painstaking detail that go into a football game. When things go wrong, they lash out. That's their right, certainly. But I wish they could step back sometimes and look at a play that's gone awry and say, "Why didn't that work?" They need to understand the detail.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010   #44
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post

If there's one thing that frustrates me a little bit about fans and the media, it's that they really don't - and they can't - grasp the mind-boggling and painstaking detail that go into a football game. When things go wrong, they lash out. That's their right, certainly. But I wish they could step back sometimes and look at a play that's gone awry and say, "Why didn't that work?" They need to understand the detail.
After a couple of years of Kubiak, I thought to myself, surely this man isn't as stupid as posters on this board say he is. Surely there is a reason other than Travis Johnson's draft position for him to start every game, & not even bring in competition.

So I started watching the game, particularly the DT position. I watched the Texans, I watched the Vikings, I watched every team I could, to see what was different between what TJ did, & what other DTs did.

I learned the difference between a UT (up tackle, 3Tech) (Warren Sapp, John Randle, Simeon Rice) & the NT (not really a lot of "names" here). I learned that TJ played that position about as well as anyone. There are a few notables (Kevin Williams) but not many.

No matter who we put at that position, they tend to "disappear." Granted, TJ never played like Suh, Sapp, Rice & probably never would/could..... But at NT... where Gary put him... that's about as well as you're going to see the position played.

People started griping about Myers, so I started watching him play.

I learned people are going to ***** & make stuff up... & it's no use arguing with them.
Old 12-11-2010   #45
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7351 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought KJ has been getting more time on the sideline to keep him fresh during the game.

The problem is with watching corners is that when they are good, they don't even get thrown to. It's hard to get an INT when the guy you're covering isn't thrown to. Asomugha has paltry stats this season, but that's because QBs don't even look in his direction. Watching from sidelines I've seen KJ blanket some guys and every once in a while, he gets beaten, and that's when you see his name called out. He hasn't gotten to the point where he can play every down as a lockdown corner, and so I'm glad to see him on the sidelines to watch the action to try and learn what he's doing wrong on those few plays where he is getting called out.
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010   #46
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hradhak View Post
I thought KJ has been getting more time on the sideline to keep him fresh during the game.

The problem is with watching corners is that when they are good, they don't even get thrown to. It's hard to get an INT when the guy you're covering isn't thrown to. Asomugha has paltry stats this season, but that's because QBs don't even look in his direction. Watching from sidelines I've seen KJ blanket some guys and every once in a while, he gets beaten, and that's when you see his name called out. He hasn't gotten to the point where he can play every down as a lockdown corner, and so I'm glad to see him on the sidelines to watch the action to try and learn what he's doing wrong on those few plays where he is getting called out.
It's what they should have done from the beginning. I was screaming for the team to franchise Dunta again and still draft a corner or a safety high.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010   #47
otisbean
All Pro

Rep Power: 5252 otisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
After a couple of years of Kubiak, I thought to myself, surely this man isn't as stupid as posters on this board say he is. Surely there is a reason other than Travis Johnson's draft position for him to start every game, & not even bring in competition.

So I started watching the game, particularly the DT position. I watched the Texans, I watched the Vikings, I watched every team I could, to see what was different between what TJ did, & what other DTs did.

I learned the difference between a UT (up tackle, 3Tech) (Warren Sapp, John Randle, Simeon Rice) & the NT (not really a lot of "names" here). I learned that TJ played that position about as well as anyone. There are a few notables (Kevin Williams) but not many.

No matter who we put at that position, they tend to "disappear." Granted, TJ never played like Suh, Sapp, Rice & probably never would/could..... But at NT... where Gary put him... that's about as well as you're going to see the position played.

I learned people are going to ***** & make stuff up... & it's no use arguing with them.
Both you and 76 are correct my friends.
otisbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010   #48
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I agree with you on this...

TJ and Meyers aren't as bad as some folks made them out to be.

They've certainly had their embarrassing moments, but they were/are not completely worthless.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010   #49
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46599 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
It's what they should have done from the beginning. I was screaming for the team to franchise Dunta again and still draft a corner or a safety high.
Some might argue that one strategic decision alone should cost Kubiak his job ?
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010   #50
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
Some might argue that one strategic decision alone should cost Kubiak his job ?
I don't think ownership has any love loss for Dunta, hence has no bearing towards Kubiak.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010   #51
80tothezone
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5079 80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
Laughable!! If he's the "best" we can do we might as well forfeit the rest of the season, esp since he sure did a good job of screwing up the first 13 games!! COMPLETE waste of a first round pick!! JMO!! He is absolutely the WORST CB this team has ever had!!
I think he will end up being a solid second CB but as a first CB he is a bust.... he might make an outstanding safety as he learns the D later on.... he is forced to cover the best receiver week in and week out and he is a rookie.... all that considered though I think we should move him to safety opposite pollard he is still young enough that he could make the transition and he would have the off-season to learn the D and calls...
80tothezone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010   #52
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80tothezone View Post
I think he will end up being a solid second CB but as a first CB he is a bust.... he might make an outstanding safety as he learns the D later on.... he is forced to cover the best receiver week in and week out and he is a rookie.... all that considered though I think we should move him to safety opposite pollard he is still young enough that he could make the transition and he would have the off-season to learn the D and calls...
Rodgers-Cromartie looked worse as a rookie.
Old 12-13-2010   #53
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Rodgers-Cromartie looked worse as a rookie.
What do you mean? He had twice as many interceptions as Kareem does right now.
Old 12-13-2010   #54
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46599 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Anybody else watchin the Pats and the Bears yesterday ? If so, aren't you more upset than ever that we took KJ in the Draft instead of Devin McCourty ? I know this is kinda childish of me to wine on about passing on that guy, but every time I see him he's lookin like All-Pro material to me in his rookie year. Kinda like Cushing was for us last year ?
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010   #55
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Anybody else watchin the Pats and the Bears yesterday ? If so, aren't you more upset than ever that we took KJ in the Draft instead of Devin McCourty ? I know this is kinda childish of me to wine on about passing on that guy, but every time I see him he's lookin like All-Pro material to me in his rookie year. Kinda like Cushing was for us last year ?
Yes. He looks really good. Has a few mentions as DROY.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010   #56
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 119106 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Of course, I did not miss your post when you mentioned better plays from Myers this season (your idea, not mine; since I don't see hardly any difference, the cirscumstances are different is all.)

When I finally retire for real, I will offer you (or anybody else for that matter) to sit down and go over each and every single play in the 09 season.

At least, I have made the effort to watch each and every play to see how each and evey player (as much as the camera angles allow) on both sides of the ball perform.

If you can show me that Myers suck (or KJ) as compared to their counterparts in a 16-game season, I will treat you to an honorary drink of your choice, be it a Bud Light or a Louis XIII Cognac. (I believe I've already made a similar offer.)

And then I will go on this board and admit that Myers and/or KJ suck!

If one chooses to be a casual fan or semi-serious hardcore, there are any and all kinds of goats out there to choose from, suit yourself.

But as one who learns to love the game for all the intricacies, I just have to say that people really need to do their homework.

That was what I really want to post; however, in light of sportmanship and such, let me just say that everybody is entitled to their opinion.

It's all in the eyes of the beholder, bro. I do re-watch games at times, but my spare time is much more important than analyzing each and every play of a football game. Also, we aren't in the huddle during the game and we have no clue what any individual player's assignments are during any given play. We go by assumption.

If you wish to analyze each individual play then go for it, but don't discredit people for not wanting to agree with you. Watching plays over and over does NOT make you any more knowledgable about football than me or anyone else around here. So please, spare me on the "do your homework" BS. I spent many a years training, practicing and playing football. Does that make me more knowledgable than anybody else? Nope, and I don't pretend that I am.

For now on if I disagree with your analysis of an idividual player or play, I'll agree to disagree by not replying to you. I'd appreciate it if you did the same. Thanks
Old 12-15-2010   #57
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
It's all in the eyes of the beholder, bro. I do re-watch games at times, but my spare time is much more important than analyzing each and every play of a football game. Also, we aren't in the huddle during the game and we have no clue what any individual player's assignments are during any given play. We go by assumption.

If you wish to analyze each individual play then go for it, but don't discredit people for not wanting to agree with you. Watching plays over and over does NOT make you any more knowledgable about football than me or anyone else around here. So please, spare me on the "do your homework" BS. I spent many a years training, practicing and playing football. Does that make me more knowledgable than anybody else? Nope, and I don't pretend that I am.

For now on if I disagree with your analysis of an idividual player or play, I'll agree to disagree by not replying to you. I'd appreciate it if you did the same. Thanks
You do have a different way of thinking.
It's all cool.
Old 12-15-2010   #58
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Idexan, what did you see that make you think that way?
I just finish watching the game, and I just don't see it.
I'd like to hear your point of view first.
Old 12-15-2010   #59
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Idexan, what did you see that make you think that way?
I just finish watching the game, and I just don't see it.
I'd like to hear your point of view first.
he sticks to his man like glue, even in icey conditions. doesn't get turned often when he does has plus recovery speed. good ball intincts, soft hands for a db, also decent size with good tackle technique (wraps up). Idexan is only expressing what many others are already saying. The one thing he does have that Kareem does not is good saftey help over the top so he can focus more in man coverage. Texans coverage problems are more a reflection of poor saftey support in man coverage & soft zones. IMO, Kareem has inadvertantly been set-up to fail

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010   #60
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
he sticks to his man like glue, even in icey conditions. doesn't get turned often when he does has plus recovery speed. good ball intincts, soft hands for a db, also decent size with good tackle technique (wraps up). Idexan is only expressing what many others are already saying. The one thing he does have that Kareem does not is good saftey help over the top so he can focus more in man coverage. Texans coverage problems are more a reflection of poor saftey support in man coverage & soft zones. IMO, Kareem has inadvertantly been set-up to fail
I strongly agree with the bolded part, but other "facts" remain a debate.
I will attempt to bring the issue in a few following posts.
These posts concern only the Bears game.

McCourty played less than one half of the game, with the Bears on the field for less than 9 mins during that span.
The Pats got good plays up on the front, even though they hardly ever brought an extra man in the box.
Cutler attempted only 6 passes (3 toward McCourty).

His stats were quite very good:
3 tackles (including one for loss on a run play), 1 pass defended, and 1 force fumble.
A good day at the office.

But let's take a look at those plays.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read