Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-09-2010   #21
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 311031 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kareem Jackson

Maybe Jackson turns out to be one of the greatest CBs in the NFL, I'm sure we'd all like that. But for now, he sucks.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010   #22
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 40481 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post

BTW: What bowl is UT playing in this year??? Hummmm, I'm so "stup*d" I can't seem to find one listed!
LOL, best post of the week +rep!

silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010   #23
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 40481 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisG View Post
I have been hard on kareem jackson this year. But hopefully he will learn and develop into a good corner. If he had sum decent help over the top I think he would b a lot better
yah having no safety help over the top then being asked to line up so far off the ball and then play out of position to begin with. I don't know what this secondary is being taught but I feel it's not a good technique or scheme.

There have been so many bad calls, lineups, and blown coverages.
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010   #24
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 107220 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316 View Post
Damn I love my sig...
Young, dumb and full of... well lets just say its probably not just his.

Seriously you think that much of yourself? SheTexan has forgotten more about football than you'll know.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010   #25
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 107220 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
Yep, you sure can, and you seem to be the #1 fan!! Now, I don't like insulting posters, and look at this board as a means of expressing an opinion, and sometimes a way of venting a lot of frustration, which we all seem to have right now. NO where in my post did I say there was not hope for KJ! I'm a firm supporter of ALL Texan players, whether I like them or not. As long as they wear a Texan jersey they are one of my "boys!" But, that does not make them all good players! KJs failure to succeed this year is a reflection on Bush/Kubiak, IMHO, and the abuse they put him through just might be the thing that will kill his career. Who knows, but, THIS YEAR, he truly sucked!!

BTW: What bowl is UT playing in this year??? Hummmm, I'm so "stup*d" I can't seem to find one listed!
Get em'

Well except the UT part... don't hurt me like that.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010   #26
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 322585 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Our safety's are actually worse, but both Quin and Allen have outplayed KJ. Which is why Allen has taken playing time away from KJ, no? I mean, I know our defensive coaching sucks, but would any coach take playing time away from their "best CB"?
I think Allen has taken KJack's snaps, to make some fans (who want to see accountability) happy.

But I don't think he's been our best CB.... I think that's been Quin. He's a baller.

Allen should have came in & replaced McCain straight up.
Old 12-09-2010   #27
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 34380 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike View Post
Young, dumb and full of... well lets just say its probably not just his.

Seriously you think that much of yourself? SheTexan has forgotten more about football than you'll know.

Mike
I'm wrong but McCain is worse than Jackson.

I'm wrong for saying I love my sig cuz I don't call a player the WORST CB in team history when it's his 1st season?

The hell with that bs, I'm not agreeing with that.
Old 12-09-2010   #28
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10688 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexCanada View Post
Why would we possibly expect him top be a "good NFL cornerback"? You do realize he is a rookie with a terrible coaching staff right? Sure, he has made some mistakes, but what exactly were your expectations for him?
I expect any player that is starting to be able to hang with the big boys and KJ has not been able to although he has shown some signs of improving.

I am not pinning this all on him, this is a coaching mistake to let him be our number one CB as a rookie in the first place.
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010   #29
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 34380 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Quote:
Originally Posted by imatexan View Post
I expect any player that is starting to be able to hang with the big boys and KJ has not been able to although he has shown some signs of improving.

I am not pinning this all on him, this is a coaching mistake to let him be our number one CB as a rookie in the first place.
I think a lot of factors play into it though, man.

Remember how Robinson was a target quite a bit as a rook? I remember him falling in his 1st game vs. SD that allowed a TD. Roy Williams torched him the next week.

We had much better defensive coaches, however, and that, IMO, helped him a huge deal, because by season's end, we looked at him as our best cb and our issues were more geared toward Glenn, not Dunta.
Old 12-09-2010   #30
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
It might have something to do with him not being on the field as much, no? Allen has taken a lot of his playing time recently. Best defensive back? Ha, nope, less reps gives him less of a chance to fall down or get torched by double moves
This ^^^!!! Although, I'm late to this party.
Old 12-10-2010   #31
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
This ^^^!!! Although, I'm late to this party.
Chris Myers part deux, all I'm gonna say!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010   #32
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I think Allen has taken KJack's snaps, to make some fans (who want to see accountability) happy.

But I don't think he's been our best CB.... I think that's been Quin. He's a baller.

Are you serious? Man, you come up with some doozies when looking for excuses for this team. You could probably shit Battle Red Skittles from the amount of Koolaid you drink, bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Without getting into this BS again. I've already mentioned Myers playing better this season, but that doesn't change my thoughts of his performance last season. Injury or not, he sucked last season.
Old 12-10-2010   #33
burro
almost sentient

Section: on the couch, praying for a broadcast
Rep Power: 13325 burro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respected

KJ has been pretty terrible this year, but I would take him over Brice McCain everyday day of the week and twice on Sunday. That guy is just unsalvagable rubbish. I think KJ actually has hope for improvement under a new HC/DC. Like most of our other players he's being poorly utilized by the scheme.
Old 12-10-2010   #34
Arky
Veteran

Rep Power: 2327 Arky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respected

Wasn't KJ drafted as a junior? Probably another reason he should have not been thrown into the fire..... /hindsight
Arky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010   #35
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 322585 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
I agree. There's nothing wrong with Kareem Jackson or his play.
Old 12-10-2010   #36
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by burro View Post
KJ has been pretty terrible this year, but I would take him over Brice McCain everyday day of the week and twice on Sunday. That guy is just unsalvagable rubbish. I think KJ actually has hope for improvement under a new HC/DC. Like most of our other players he's being poorly utilized by the scheme.
What do you see in KJack that you don't see in McCain?
Old 12-10-2010   #37
burro
almost sentient

Section: on the couch, praying for a broadcast
Rep Power: 13325 burro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Potential.
Old 12-10-2010   #38
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Conspiracy Theory from TK.

Yeah, except the team's puppet masters have failed to do anything else this board has figured out.

Fail.
Old 12-10-2010   #39
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Allen has taken snaps from KJ????

I have not noticed that at all...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010   #40
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Brice McCain has been awful...

I don't want to say that he can never be a good player, but I would not have him on the field unless there were a few injuries...

I am more willing to throw Molden out there, who I have not seen at all....
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read