Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-07-2010   #1
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 23300 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316
Default Kareem Jackson

How's he been the last few weeks?

I haven't really heard his name much, if at all, the last couple games.
Old 12-07-2010   #2
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kareem Jackson

He's been our best defensive back for the most of the season IMO. He's been more than solid lately. He's not been a part of the secondary problems lately.
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010   #3
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 114958 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5kwatts View Post
He's been our best defensive back for the most of the season IMO. He's been more than solid lately. He's not been a part of the secondary problems lately.
It might have something to do with him not being on the field as much, no? Allen has taken a lot of his playing time recently. Best defensive back? Ha, nope, less reps gives him less of a chance to fall down or get torched by double moves
Old 12-07-2010   #4
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I agree!
I believe KJ has been our best CB from day one.
Hou-Tex just wants a pinata he can beat on from time to time!

When I have time (probably after the season), I will come back and put together all my notes for all to see, I promise (I hope I have the time).
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010   #5
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 23300 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
It might have something to do with him not being on the field as much, no? Allen has taken a lot of his playing time recently. Best defensive back? Ha, nope, less reps gives him less of a chance to fall down or get torched by double moves
McCain falls more than Jackson. Just saying.
Old 12-07-2010   #6
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 114958 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
I agree!
I believe KJ has been our best CB from day one.
Hou-Tex just wants a pinata he can beat on from time to time!

When I have time (probably after the season), I will come back and put together all my notes for all to see, I promise (I hope I have the time).
Our safety's are actually worse, but both Quin and Allen have outplayed KJ. Which is why Allen has taken playing time away from KJ, no? I mean, I know our defensive coaching sucks, but would any coach take playing time away from their "best CB"?
Old 12-07-2010   #7
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Our safety's are actually worse, but both Quin and Allen have outplayed KJ. Which is why Allen has taken playing time away from KJ, no? I mean, I know our defensive coaching sucks, but would any coach take playing time away from their "best CB"?
No, they are rotating them.
Remember Allen was a higher draft pick than KJ.

Quin, with his recent good plays, earns playing time (I'm sure Kubiak is from that school of thought.)

Once again, I believe that you need to watch all the details to see that KJ is a very solid player (more so than both Quin and Allen).

It was funny when I read that some posters thought the Texans roll coverage over to help him out while I saw that (on the play where Pollard almost intercept the ball in the end zone), KJ was left to defend two receivers, LOL!
Sponsored links
Old 12-07-2010   #8
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Quote:
No, they are rotating them.
Remember Allen was a higher draft pick than KJ.

Quin, with his recent good plays, earns playing time (I'm sure Kubiak is from that school of thought.)

Once again, I believe that you need to watch all the details to see that KJ is a very solid player (more so than both Quin and Allen).

It was funny when I read that some posters thought the Texans roll coverage over to help him out while I saw that (on the play where Pollard almost intercept the ball in the end zone), KJ was left to defend two receivers, LOL!
I know they're rotating them. Which is why I said he was losing playing time to Allen. If you truly beleive they're playing Allen more due to draft status, I've got a bridge to sell ya.
Old 12-07-2010   #9
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I know they're rotating them. Which is why I said he was losing playing time to Allen. If you truly beleive they're playing Allen more due to draft status, I've got a bridge to sell ya.
Teams have got to be in their nickel a lot in the NFL.
Quin has experience in the slot.
Allen is a decent CB that went through a few coaching changes in Miami.
He doesn't have the hips to turn (therefore the shuffle or the bail technique).
Week 12 (plus the PS) is already longer than a college season.
I don't see any big deal with rotating them.

Same thing as with Duane Brown, I didn't think he should start and play all game at the beginning. But they let him, and guess what, they ended up having whatshisname spell Brown on every third series later in the season that year.

Some guy can be a freak like Cushing and can play a lot.
Hey but who knows what's the real reason there!

(However I bet that when you rewind the tapes, you will find Cushing with hands on his hips in certain games.)
Old 12-08-2010   #10
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Laughable!! If he's the "best" we can do we might as well forfeit the rest of the season, esp since he sure did a good job of screwing up the first 13 games!! COMPLETE waste of a first round pick!! JMO!! He is absolutely the WORST CB this team has ever had!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010   #11
ThaShark316

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
Laughable!! If he's the "best" we can do we might as well forfeit the rest of the season, esp since he sure did a good job of screwing up the first 13 games!! COMPLETE waste of a first round pick!! JMO!! He is absolutely the WORST CB this team has ever had!!
Damn I love my sig...
Old 12-08-2010   #12
Andre_Johnson
Duck Fallas!

Section: Sec: 127 Row: C Seat: 18
Rep Power: 49 Andre_Johnson is a quality contributor and well respectedAndre_Johnson is a quality contributor and well respectedAndre_Johnson is a quality contributor and well respectedAndre_Johnson is a quality contributor and well respectedAndre_Johnson is a quality contributor and well respectedAndre_Johnson is a quality contributor and well respectedAndre_Johnson is a quality contributor and well respectedAndre_Johnson is a quality contributor and well respectedAndre_Johnson is a quality contributor and well respectedAndre_Johnson is a quality contributor and well respectedAndre_Johnson is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Same thing as with Duane Brown, I didn't think he should start and play all game at the beginning. But they let him, and guess what, they ended up having whatshisname spell Brown on every third series later in the season that year.
Rashad Butler, he did more than "spell" Brown, he started in those 4 games while Brown was suspended.
Andre_Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010   #13
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre_Johnson View Post
Rashad Butler, he did more than "spell" Brown, he started in those 4 games while Brown was suspended.
No, he's referring to Ephram Salaam during Brown's rookie season.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010   #14
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316 View Post
Damn I love my sig...
Shetexan is not that far off, KJ has still has had a terrible season. Just because he has been "better" these last few games still does not amount to being close to a good NFL Cornerback.
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010   #15
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6656 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by imatexan View Post
Shetexan is not that far off, KJ has still has had a terrible season. Just because he has been "better" these last few games still does not amount to being close to a good NFL Corner back.
Why would we possibly expect him top be a "good NFL cornerback"? You do realize he is a rookie with a terrible coaching staff right? Sure, he has made some mistakes, but what exactly were your expectations for him?
TexCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010   #16
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316 View Post
Damn I love my sig...
Yep, you sure can, and you seem to be the #1 fan!! Now, I don't like insulting posters, and look at this board as a means of expressing an opinion, and sometimes a way of venting a lot of frustration, which we all seem to have right now. NO where in my post did I say there was not hope for KJ! I'm a firm supporter of ALL Texan players, whether I like them or not. As long as they wear a Texan jersey they are one of my "boys!" But, that does not make them all good players! KJs failure to succeed this year is a reflection on Bush/Kubiak, IMHO, and the abuse they put him through just might be the thing that will kill his career. Who knows, but, THIS YEAR, he truly sucked!!

BTW: What bowl is UT playing in this year??? Hummmm, I'm so "stup*d" I can't seem to find one listed!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010   #17
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2801 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexCanada View Post
Why would we possibly expect him top be a "good NFL cornerback"? You do realize he is a rookie with a terrible coaching staff right? Sure, he has made some mistakes, but what exactly were your expectations for him?
I expected an interception every time he's been thrown at and a tackle on every other play. Is that so difficult?
Old 12-09-2010   #18
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Quote:
Yep, you sure can, and you seem to be the #1 fan!! Now, I don't like insulting posters, and look at this board as a means of expressing an opinion, and sometimes a way of venting a lot of frustration, which we all seem to have right now. NO where in my post did I say there was not hope for KJ! I'm a firm supporter of ALL Texan players, whether I like them or not. As long as they wear a Texan jersey they are one of my "boys!" But, that does not make them all good players! KJs failure to succeed this year is a reflection on Bush/Kubiak, IMHO, and the abuse they put him through just might be the thing that will kill his career. Who knows, but, THIS YEAR, he truly sucked!!

BTW: What bowl is UT playing in this year??? Hummmm, I'm so "stup*d" I can't seem to find one listed!
+ Rep from Mr. HOU-TEX
Old 12-09-2010   #19
Esoom
Veteran

Section: 631
Rep Power: 256 Esoom is a quality contributor and well respectedEsoom is a quality contributor and well respectedEsoom is a quality contributor and well respectedEsoom is a quality contributor and well respectedEsoom is a quality contributor and well respectedEsoom is a quality contributor and well respectedEsoom is a quality contributor and well respectedEsoom is a quality contributor and well respectedEsoom is a quality contributor and well respectedEsoom is a quality contributor and well respectedEsoom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Saying that Kareem Jackson was a waste of a pick without even letting him finish his first NFL season kind of implies that you believe there is no hope for him. And to call him the worst cornerback that the Texans have ever had when he's only played 13 professional games is laughable. He has shown improvement throughout the season, and still has a good chance of developing into a good, or at least adequate, NFL cornerback.
Old 12-09-2010   #20
ChrisG
Road Fan

Rep Power: 6268 ChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respected

I have been hard on kareem jackson this year. But hopefully he will learn and develop into a good corner. If he had sum decent help over the top I think he would b a lot better

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read