Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-06-2005   #241
Carr8

Default beeni juppuru The TE

i think he should go he always injuried
Old 09-06-2005   #242
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

I think releasing him isnt an option ATM..due to his contract.

If im wrong there.. and we could release him right now with no penalties.. then I still think its a bad move.

there is room on the PUP and there isnt much point in releasing him as long as there is SOME small inkling of a chance that he could possibly at some time maybe recover.... like 1%..

1% is better than releasing him and having 0% though.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005   #243
jacquescas
Hall of Fame

lets put it like this he is on his last chance. He might even be asked to re-structure his deal to make it more team friendly but at this point we are not in a situation where we need the cap room and he doesn't have a big cap hit so there isn't much risk. If he can't play at least 9 games next season then he needs to go and we need to find a long term solution. I think by the time the draft rolls around we should know enough and will probably draft someone to compete with him anyways.
jacquescas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005   #244
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72199 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Nevermind, I miss-read something.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005   #245
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 243165 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

What could there possibly be to restructure? Isn't he going into the last year of his rookie contract (and without playing a single down, makes me want to cry when i think of it) and aren't last years generally pretty cheap? Either that or ridiculously expensive once they get that FAT CASH on their second contract.

It seems to me like we've already lost a pile on this guy and if we keep him one more season just to see if maybe, just maybe this terrible run of luck is over we risk losing what? A pile of money + 2 bits for this season? Let him hang around if for no other reason than morbid curiosity. I want to see what a TE who's been out three years plays like. I want to see if it's possible for a player to play all the way through his rookie deal without ever seeing the field. Humor me.
Old 09-06-2005   #246
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

If he actually gets healthy they'll probably just stick the minimum tender on him and give him a chance. If he blows it...he's cut. Shouldn't be an issue as long as we don't pass on a good TE thinking he will be the savior.

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005   #247
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 153410 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

His bonus is paid and he gets it cut or on the IR, regardless. He is only banging the cap for $380,000 this year in base salary so he is worth keeping to see if he can make the roster healthy next year. It's really not costing much money or a roster spot so it just makes sense to hang on to him and try it again next year.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read