Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2010   #161
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 38282 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: im done with schaub

Quote:
Originally Posted by panamamyers View Post
It's called an analogy.

The situations are identical, yet on different levels.

You have a fanbase that thinks you have bigger problems. You have a quarterback that knows how to make those mistakes at the critical points of the game that will cause you to lose.

I am sure that Texans Talk had some David Carr supporters too at the time.
I just hope that it doesn't take that long to figure out that Schaub doesn't have the goods
If you honestly think that you are a fool. David Carr NEVER led the league in passing. Schaub consistently has had more tds than Ints since becoming a starter. Carr for a career is 65 tds 71 INts. Schaub is 76 tds 48 ints. Schaub has a career passing rating of 91+ Carr has a career passer rating of 74.9.

The only thing Carr leads Schaub in is staying healthy and even that is something Schaub is doing better in now.

Old 12-03-2010   #162
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Schaub is much better than Carr.

That said, he is not an elite QB. Not even close.

He is good enough to win with if you field a defense that takes pressure off of him. The defense doesn't have to be tops in the leauge, but a defense that atleast consistenly caused turnovers and not giving up TD's left and right would help out a lot.
Old 12-03-2010   #163
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80468 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Schaub is much better than Carr.

That said, he is not an elite QB. Not even close.

He is good enough to win with if you field a defense that takes pressure off of him. The defense doesn't have to be tops in the leauge, but a defense that atleast consistenly caused turnovers and not giving up TD's left and right would help out a lot.
Where does elite stop then? top 5...top 10? If you stop at 5 as being elite, then you leave out guys like Rothlisberger & Ryan & frankly you can't do that with rothlisberger having 2 rings already. If you stop at 10, then Schaub is right there.

off the top of my head there are only 8 qb's that are clearly better than him.

Manning
Brady
Brees
Rivers
Rodgers
Rothlisberger
Ryan
& if you are impressed with arm strength, Flacco.

Every other qb in this league, it's a debate & one that schaub is in.
Old 12-03-2010   #164
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28662 leebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to leebigeztx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
Where does elite stop then? top 5...top 10? If you stop at 5 as being elite, then you leave out guys like Rothlisberger & Ryan & frankly you can't do that with rothlisberger having 2 rings already. If you stop at 10, then Schaub is right there.

Manning
Brady
Brees
Rivers
Rodgers
Rothlisberger
Ryan

Right now, i would take freeman,sanchez,eli,vick,and romo over schaub.
Old 12-03-2010   #165
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Schaub is good enough to take the team to the next level. I'd fix a lot of other things before I would the QB.
Old 12-03-2010   #166
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80468 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebigeztx View Post

Vick & Freeman - wait & see. One is young & we really don't know how he will progress. & with Vick, we still don't know what he can do as this is the 1st time he's shown that he can be a good pocket passer. In addition to this, Schaub essentially played him to a draw last night. Its just that Vick's game is "pretty" & schaub's isn't.

Sanchez, like schaub at times, isn't consistent & has the tendency to turn it over in critical situations - (see our game)

Eli & Romo are turnover machines & have just as much trouble staying consistent as schaub does at times.

Not saying that i wouldn't take these guys over schaub, but i think a successful case can be made for him over any of these guys.

For the few plays schaub didn't make last night, he made more than his fair share when he had pressure on him. He's solid, he just has a weak arm.
Old 12-03-2010   #167
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 21478 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

Are we still talking about "Schaub Sucks"?

Really, get rid of Schaub because we consistently lose after putting up 30 points.

SCHAUB IS NOT THE PROBLEM, GO SEE FRANK BUSH AND HIS EXCUSE FOR A DEFENSE!!!

If Schaub wasn't always playing from behind he'd probably have fewer mistakes by far.

I'm glad some of you aren't the GM, because you'd cut a Pro Bowl QB, to draft somebody with no experience and leave the 32 ranked defense un touched.

Unbelieveable......

I try not to critcize people points of veiw on this board, but really. This is like kicking your dog because it rained outside.................

Old 12-03-2010   #168
Andre_Johnson
Duck Fallas!

Section: Sec: 127 Row: C Seat: 18
Rep Power: 48 Andre_Johnson is a quality contributor and well respectedAndre_Johnson is a quality contributor and well respectedAndre_Johnson is a quality contributor and well respectedAndre_Johnson is a quality contributor and well respectedAndre_Johnson is a quality contributor and well respectedAndre_Johnson is a quality contributor and well respectedAndre_Johnson is a quality contributor and well respectedAndre_Johnson is a quality contributor and well respectedAndre_Johnson is a quality contributor and well respectedAndre_Johnson is a quality contributor and well respectedAndre_Johnson is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
You, my friend, don't know anything.
rep rep rep.... Thank you for proof that I'm not going crazy, this guy is ignorant and needs to stop his tirade of shooting down Matt Schaub for our team's lack of defense.
Old 12-03-2010   #169
Andre_Johnson
Duck Fallas!

Section: Sec: 127 Row: C Seat: 18
Rep Power: 48 Andre_Johnson is a quality contributor and well respectedAndre_Johnson is a quality contributor and well respectedAndre_Johnson is a quality contributor and well respectedAndre_Johnson is a quality contributor and well respectedAndre_Johnson is a quality contributor and well respectedAndre_Johnson is a quality contributor and well respectedAndre_Johnson is a quality contributor and well respectedAndre_Johnson is a quality contributor and well respectedAndre_Johnson is a quality contributor and well respectedAndre_Johnson is a quality contributor and well respectedAndre_Johnson is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
So you're going to respond to my post by re-iterating that you have no idea what you are talking about. Gotcha.

What is it about you can't rely on your offense to score 35 points a game do you not understand? Why is this such a hard concept to grasp for people? You point out ONE ****ING PLAY where Schaub skips a ball on the ground and ignore THE ENTIRE FIRST AND FOURTH ****ING QUARTERS THE DEFENSE PLAYED.

The offense is not "so good he has to make easy throws". When you are down by 10 points or more constantly that changes the complexity of the offense to dropping back back 34 to 50 times. There is no offense where you drop back that many times to pass and all of them are easy throws, that's just a retarded opinion that nobody with the IQ of Peter King or better would ever hold.

And you don't see Vick crying about his defense because HO HO HO, they can hold a team to under 25 points every once in awhile. Now go and type something really dumb again so I or one of the other great posters here can take you to task again. It's fun.

I swear it's like he just finds more and more ways to prove how dumb he is....
Old 12-03-2010   #170
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If the team can't see that Schaub is a loser by now then they deserve what they get. They can cut him loose now and get started with the rebuild or they can give him 4 more years and wallow in mediocrity for those four years then start the rebuild.

I cannot think of a single quarterback out there that I wouldn't rather have.

To have the talent he has around him and to still be 10th in the league in ppg.

The team wins in spite of him, not because of him.
Here... let me help you out then.

Ainge, Erik
Anderson, Derek
Bartel, Richard
Basanez, Brett
Batch, Charlie
Beck, John
Boller, Kyle
Bomar, Rhett
Booty, John David
Bouman, Todd
Bradford, Sam
Brandstater, Tom
Brennan, Colt
Brohm, Brian
Brown, Jarrett
Brown, Levi
Brunell, Mark
Bulger, Marc
Campbell, Jason
Canfield, Sean
Cantwell, Hunter
Carpenter, Rudy
Carr, David
Cassel, Matt
Clausen, Jimmy
Clemens, Kellen
Collins, Kerry
Collins, Todd
Crompton, Jonathan
Croyle, Brodie
Cutler, Jay
Daniel, Chase
Davis, Nate
Delhomme, Jake
Dixon, Dennis
Edwards, Trent
Favre, Brett
Feeley, A.J.
Fitzpatrick, Ryan
Flynn, Matt
Freeman, Josh
Frye, Charlie
Garrard, David
Gradkowski, Bruce
Grossman, Rex
Gutierrez, Matt
Hall, Max
Hanie, Caleb
Harrell, Graham
Harris, Trevor
Hasselbeck, Matt
Henne, Chad
Hill, Shaun
Hiller, Tim
Hoyer, Brian
Jackson, Tarvaris
Johnson, Josh
Kafka, Mike
Kitna, Jon
Kolb, Kevin
LeFevour, Dan
Leftwich, Byron
Leinart, Matt
Lewis, Thaddeus
Losman, J.P.
McCown, Luke
McCoy, Colt
McGee, Stephen
McNabb, Donovan
Moore, Matt
Nichols, Matt
Null, Keith
O'Connell, Kevin
O'Sullivan, J.T.
Orlovsky, Dan
Orton, Kyle
Painter, Curtis
Palko, Tyler
Palmer, Carson
Palmer, Jordan
Pennington, Chad
Pike, Tony
Quinn, Brady
Ramsey, Patrick
Randolph, Dominic
Ratliff, Brett
Redman, Chris
Robinson, Zac
Romo, Tony
Rosenfels, Sage
Simms, Chris
Skelton, John
Smith, Alex
Smith, Rusty
Smith, Troy
Snead, Jevan
Sorgi, Jim
St. Pierre, Brian
Stafford, Matthew
Stanton, Drew
Stull, Bill
Tebow, Tim
Thigpen, Tyler
Volek, Billy
Wallace, Seneca
Webb, Joe
White, Pat
Whitehurst, Charlie
Wilson, John Parker
Young, Vince
Old 12-03-2010   #171
sbalderrama
Rookie

Rep Power: 96 sbalderrama is a quality contributor and well respectedsbalderrama is a quality contributor and well respectedsbalderrama is a quality contributor and well respectedsbalderrama is a quality contributor and well respectedsbalderrama is a quality contributor and well respectedsbalderrama is a quality contributor and well respectedsbalderrama is a quality contributor and well respectedsbalderrama is a quality contributor and well respectedsbalderrama is a quality contributor and well respectedsbalderrama is a quality contributor and well respectedsbalderrama is a quality contributor and well respected

Schaub is not even close to being the problem with this team. Yeah, not one of his better nights, but still.

This team is where it is because of horrid defense, not offensive problems.
Old 12-03-2010   #172
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post

Manning
Brady
Brees
Rivers
Rodgers
Rothlisberger
Ryan

I didn't say anything about numbers...I don't look at it as top anything...

There are three guys I consider elite right now. Rivers, Brady, Manning. IMO, everyone after them I would consider very good, or upper echelon.
Old 12-03-2010   #173
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 208960 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbalderrama View Post
Schaub is not even close to being the problem with this team. Yeah, not one of his better nights, but still.

This team is where it is because of horrid defense, not offensive problems.
Exactly. Schaub is not the problem. Our frigging defense is the problem.

Schaub might not be the greatest QB on the planet, and he isn't, but the problem with this team is the friggin defense. Period.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Old 12-03-2010   #174
Sway
Veteran

Rep Power: 182 Sway is a quality contributor and well respectedSway is a quality contributor and well respectedSway is a quality contributor and well respectedSway is a quality contributor and well respectedSway is a quality contributor and well respectedSway is a quality contributor and well respectedSway is a quality contributor and well respectedSway is a quality contributor and well respectedSway is a quality contributor and well respectedSway is a quality contributor and well respectedSway is a quality contributor and well respected

All you have to do is LOOK at the guy- his eyes, his face, he's not in it. He's not a leader or a motivator, and those are two inherent qualities of a great QB. NEXT!!! Matt would be a good backup.

Quote:
Schaub has had the traits of a loser since the day he got here.
He just has absolutely no traits that a winner has.

He folds up under pressure. He never rises to the occasion. He just simply is not very good, bless his heart. He tries.....
He just is not good.
Old 12-03-2010   #175
80tothezone
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5078 80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Schaub has had the traits of a loser since the day he got here.
He just has absolutely no traits that a winner has.

He folds up under pressure. He never rises to the occasion. He just simply is not very good, bless his heart. He tries.....
He just is not good.
Not really he leads us on the game winning drive several times only to be let down by the Defense. I changed my opinion on this since last night because if you read one of my earlier posts id did blame the offense but really for the most part they have put up the points when they were needed. Yes schaub had one of his worst games ever yesterday but really this team has one huge glaring problem and that is our defense. I mean take the Jets game he scores with 53 seconds left in the game and puts us up by 4. then the defense cant keep the Jets out of the end zone for under a minute? And this is schaub's fault? Jacksonville same deal, chargers #80 had one of his rare let downs.

but go back through the season and watch how many times he has led the team down the field for a game winning drive, then count the number of times the defense did he impossible and let the other team score with less than no time left. I would even say that it takes pressure for him to play to his ability level. Now he does lack a little arm strength from what I have seen this year... yes.... but he makes good decisions and is able to put the ball where it needs to be most of the time.

He will never be Manning but he is good and not the problem with our team. I blame kubiak and bush they are the sole reason our team is where it is today. U can't really even blame Khareem Jackson or the secondary I mean he is a rookie and has no one to mentor him in how the game is played on the pro level.
Back to schaub though I think his shoulder is hurt ... he has had a noticeable drop in arm strength since last year so something might be wrong there..

Last edited by 80tothezone; 12-03-2010 at 08:33 PM. Reason: adding some comments
Old 12-03-2010   #176
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 32275 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sway View Post
All you have to do is LOOK at the guy- his eyes, his face, he's not in it. He's not a leader or a motivator, and those are two inherent qualities of a great QB. NEXT!!! Matt would be a good backup.
You and Panama must still be butt hurt about 06

Last edited by JB; 12-03-2010 at 08:31 PM.
Old 12-03-2010   #177
80tothezone
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5078 80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sway View Post
Are u guys forgetting that he led the league in yards per pass total yards and one other category last year. And this was done WITHOUT a run game so people knew we would be passing and he still picked apart defenses. He hasn't put up those numbers this year but he hasn't needed to (we have the best run game in the NFL). WHen it counts he scores ... he did it yesterday only to be let down yet again by the Defense and then he had a rare drive that ended in a turnover. He creates plays with movement in and out of the pocket ... threads the needle on passes that most QB's couldn't dream of making (occasionally).... he had a bad night last night and still played better than most....
Old 12-03-2010   #178
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 32275 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80tothezone View Post
Are u guys forgetting that he led the league in yards per pass total yards and one other category last year. And this was done WITHOUT a run game so people knew we would be passing and he still picked apart defenses. He hasn't put up those numbers this year but he hasn't needed to (we have the best run game in the NFL). WHen it counts he scores ... he did it yesterday only to be let down yet again by the Defense and then he had a rare drive that ended in a turnover. He creates plays with movement in and out of the pocket ... threads the needle on passes that most QB's couldn't dream of making .... he had a bad night last night and still played better than most....
Paragraphs would make your posts a lot easier to read.
Old 12-03-2010   #179
97roc
Veteran

Rep Power: 139 97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebigeztx View Post
Uh oh... do we have a Romo vs Schaub thread starting?
Old 12-03-2010   #180
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 99691 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm thinking.... I'm thinking.....

DUMBEST THREAD - EVAH!!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read