Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-03-2010   #1
zcity
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 zcity was voted MVPzcity was voted MVPzcity was voted MVP
Default Schaub - Am I The Only One ?

Schaub for the second game in a row - cannot throw a deep ball - Has no Zip on his passes . . .

This guy is injured - WTH - Shoulder, Ribs - What is the deal.

Every deep ball that was caught was a comeback, underthrow luck job - Any one know what's up ????????
zcity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010   #2
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 38102 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub - Am I The Only One ?

Everytime Schaub throws a deep ball, I hear the sound that's made
when you shoot a three pointer on Double-Dribble.
Old 12-03-2010   #3
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

he hasn't played great but he hasn't played that poorly. as for not being able to throw the deep ball, the guy has never had a huge arm. he has done enough to win and get us in the playoffs. its our other part of the team that have not.

at least the guy can read a defense but he did look a little stiff last night and he has made some negative plays in inopportune times.

that being said, he is still one of the top 12 QBs in the league and to anyone blaming him for this year, wake up and smell the horrible defense and pathetic coaching. schaub would have 5 clutch come from behind wins this year, if not for pathetic defense and retarded coaching.

Keep your head up, Matt.
Old 12-03-2010   #4
dbruder44
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 dbruder44 is a quality contributor and well respecteddbruder44 is a quality contributor and well respecteddbruder44 is a quality contributor and well respecteddbruder44 is a quality contributor and well respecteddbruder44 is a quality contributor and well respecteddbruder44 is a quality contributor and well respecteddbruder44 is a quality contributor and well respecteddbruder44 is a quality contributor and well respecteddbruder44 is a quality contributor and well respecteddbruder44 is a quality contributor and well respecteddbruder44 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
Congrats your will to get us to 5-7 again worked
dbruder44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010   #5
burro
almost sentient

Section: on the couch, praying for a broadcast
Rep Power: 10980 burro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think he's injured. Rather I think that he is just Chad Pennington 2.0 (little arm strength, though average to above average accuracy - par for the course in decision making, though prone to make boneheaded plays, etc). More than anything, I just think we hype him too much. Is Schaub better than David Carr? Yes. By a lot? Yes. Does this mean he is the QB of the future and an elite player? Not by any drug induced stretch of a Texans fan's imagination. The big problem is that there is no one better at the moment. As much as I hate to say it, Schaub will probably be here for awhile (think McNabb in Philly). The best we can hope for is to get a good enough coach to decrease the frequency of Schaub's f*ck ups.

Fitzpatrick is legit.
burro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010   #6
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Schaub is playing kind of hurt/banged up, I don't think he's 100%. Not trying to make excuses, it just is what it is. He's never had a "strong" arm in the sense he's going to rocket the ball 50 yards down the field, but he's got the arm for what this offense needs.

I know of several instances this year where he hasn't hit the receiver in stride and a lot of people complaining about it. If you watched Schaub on those throws, I felt like it wasn't because of a lack of arm strength but more due to the closing of the pocket. He wasn't able to step into the throw like a QB should b/c there were people in front of him. He could put that zip on it and couldn't follow his arm through for the deep ball.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010   #7
valleytexfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 275 valleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
LMAO Nice! And the the "CLANK" if you missed it or the explosion if you made it. Repped.
valleytexfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-03-2010   #8
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 287939 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Schaub threw pretty well last year when he lead the league in passing yards. This year he's obviously off. As others have said, he's still better than half the QBs in the league right now, and he's the least of our worries as far as the team goes.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010   #9
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

i thougth there was some zip on his intermediate passes but that throw to aj was a looper alright
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010   #10
panamamyers
Veteran

Rep Power: 1738 panamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respected

Schaub is what he is. He's an average quarterback at best surrounded by an offense that enables him to just not screw up too badly and he puts up good numbers.

When that breaks down is when it comes time for him to step up and make a play on his own. He is not able to do it.

He might not be the problem with this team per se...but he's certainly not been able to find the answer to the problem either.

The sports world is littered with guys that put up hollow numbers that have little to do with winning and losing.

Look at Dominique Wilkins. Ostensibly he was just as good as Kobe Bryant.

They both have averaged 25 points per game for their careers. Both a little over one steal, half a block, Wilkins has more rebounds, Bryant more assists.

If games were won on paper, then you would be just as well off to have Wilkins as Kobe.

Games are not won on paper. Schaub will win you games on paper...
panamamyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010   #11
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 32596 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Quote:
Originally Posted by panamamyers View Post
Schaub is what he is. He's an average quarterback at best surrounded by an offense that enables him to just not screw up too badly and he puts up good numbers.

When that breaks down is when it comes time for him to step up and make a play on his own. He is not able to do it.

He might not be the problem with this team per se...but he's certainly not been able to find the answer to the problem either.

The sports world is littered with guys that put up hollow numbers that have little to do with winning and losing.

They both have averaged 25 points per game for their careers. Both a little over one steal, half a block, Wilkins has more rebounds, Bryant more assists.

If games were won on paper, then you would be just as well off to have Wilkins as Kobe.

Nique and his hall of famers around him.
Old 12-03-2010   #12
panamamyers
Veteran

Rep Power: 1738 panamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respected

So you're saying that Nique would have won these championships just like Kobe?
Old 12-03-2010   #13
zcity
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 zcity was voted MVPzcity was voted MVPzcity was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
i thougth there was some zip on his intermediate passes but that throw to aj was a looper alright

He had a lot of zip on that screen pass that was intercepted in that end of 1st half spectacular.

Seriously - he has an obvious decrease in arm strength over the last few games - something is UP.
zcity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010   #14
buddyboy
All Pro

Rep Power: 16087 buddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Yesterday you said he was the worst qb in the NFL and you'd rather have anyone than him. Now you say he's "average".

You flip flop more than...well, something that flips and flops a lot.
buddyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010   #15
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

I just want to hurl when people watch the Texans....and come away with complaints about Schaub, of all things.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010   #16
TheCD
All Pro

Rep Power: 1036 TheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
that being said, he is still one of the top 12 QBs in the league and to anyone blaming him for this year, wake up and smell the horrible defense and pathetic coaching. schaub would have 5 clutch come from behind wins this year, if not for pathetic defense and retarded coaching.
I definitely agree that he isn't the biggest issue on the team. Complaining about Matt being the problem of why we're losing is almost like complaining that you have lung cancer because you have lungs (not the best analogy, but oh well).

That being said, is Matt replaceable? You better believe it. If a guy comes along (and one probably won't) that can play consistent, accurate football and nail the deep pass, we shouldn't even hesitate to pick him up.

You have to always be looking to upgrade your football team, and with the exception of Andre there is not one player on this team who isn't replaceable. The Eagles proved just this by drafting Kolb and picking up Vick when they had McNabb, who took them to 5 NFC Championship games. McNabb wasn't irreplaceable even after all he did...
TheCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010   #17
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 32596 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Quote:
So you're saying that Nique would have won these championships just like Kobe?
I'm just saying with a one man crew and your prime being vs the stacked Pistons, Bulls and Celtics...he had little to no shot.

Don't get it twisted, Kev Willis, Tree Rollins, Doc Rivers and Cliff Livingston were good for what they did, but having to deal with:

MJ
Isiah
Bird

He had no chance to win.

Put Nique in his prime with those 2000-2002 laker teams, he's sporting more bling than a gold digging groupie.
Old 12-03-2010   #18
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Schaub has a noodle arm. Well maybe not noodle, but it's far from being strong. That said, we've known that for a while. He's never been the guy that would stretch the field with long vertical passes, leading receivers so they could catch it it stride.

His strengths has been his ability to read defenses and keep drives a live by buying time in the pocket.

Last night though, he looked dumb at times. Schaub has been very inconsistent throughout his career here. Even though he put up a lot of yards last year, he was still inconsistent if you take the entire year into account.

I think Schaub is a good enough QB to win with...He's not elite, but if we could field a better defense to take some of the pressure off the offense I think we'd be a lot better.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010   #19
panamamyers
Veteran

I'm not flopping.

I don't like Schaub as our qb.
Whether he is slightly below average or the worst qb in the league is semantics.

Unless we get a top 2 or 3 defense, there is no way for us to win with him.
He is not good enough to make game winning plays on his own.
Old 12-03-2010   #20
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcity View Post
He had a lot of zip on that screen pass that was intercepted in that end of 1st half spectacular.

Seriously - he has an obvious decrease in arm strength over the last few games - something is UP.
that might have had something to do with arian dropping one first play of the game when we looked to have caught the eagles in perfect coverage for a big run
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read