Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2010   #141
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: im done with schaub

Quote:
Originally Posted by panamamyers View Post
The whole Schaub situation reminds me of Jerrod Johnson at A&M.

Aggie fans LOVED Jerrod Johnson. They thought he was the second coming of John Elway over there. Everyone else in the country knew that he was horrible and that the Aggies were doing what they were doing in spite of him.

Some Aggie fans finally started to wise up and call for Tannehill to come in and take over. Other were vehemently opposed. Jerrod is not the problem they would say. Look at all those numbers he puts up. He throws for a lot of yards sometimes. Jerrod is way down the list of problems.

I wanted them to keep Jerrod in there, because I am a Longhorn fan. I knew that Jerrod did the little things that ensured that they lost more than they won. He would get a sack here, a fumble there...whatever it took to make sure they got an L.

They have a winner at qb now, and the whole entire attitude has changed on the team.

You can say what you like about us needing to fix our defense. I could find 15-20 qb's in the NFL right this second that would have us sitting at 7-5
Guy, keep your college ball comparisons at home. This is the NFL. There are no Jerrod Johnsons here.
Old 12-03-2010   #142
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81025 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

This team has a long term deficit in terms of how many high round draft picks have been spent on the secondary. We should have Revis and one of the better, young FSs on this team and we don't. That's the problem. I can't tell you we'd be on our way to the SB, but we'd be a LOT closer to making that run. I know we got KJ in the first round, but that had to be done just to replace Robinson....and we already had a problem. I hope that KJ will get better with experience. I don't know, but we can't spend two-thirds of every draft on DTs and TEs. We need a secondary.

We will continue to have this kind of D until we get one...

Old 12-03-2010   #143
panamamyers
Veteran

Rep Power: 1738 panamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
This "take" is patently stupid. Brad Johnson/Trent Dilfer never carried the offense with their passing game. Trent Dilfer/Brad Johnson didn't have defenses that were so bad they magnified any offensive mistakes that were made. Trent Dilfer/Brad Johnson were never looked at as above average QB's ever, and would have never thrown for the passing title in the same year that Brady, Manning and whoever else were all playing and relatively healthy.

You say "throw out the stats" because they don't fit your explanation that is full of just cliches and hyperbole. Nobody here thinks Schaub is perfect, but when you a defense that is historically one of the worst passing defenses ever then you are pretty much hosed as a QB. The fact that Schaub has cut down on his turnovers this year while keeping us a threat through the air makes me wonder if you actually watch the games or if you're just trying to get more replies to your posts.

There is no way that anybody will agree with you that the problem with this team rests on Schaub and not any one of the myriad of dumpster fires and train wrecks that we call a defense.

Get Out.
Schaub is Brad Johnson. He's the type of guy you have fill in until a real qb gets to town.

No one is asking Schaub to be perfect. You have to be good enough to score more points than the other team. You don't see Vick crying because his defense let the Texans score twice and take a lead there in the 3rd quarter. He did what he had to do. He came back out and threw perfect passes. Schaub then came back out and choked a ball into the ground 3 feet in front of Walter on third down.

It reminded me of those catchers that have a mental block and have trouble throwing the ball back to the pitcher in baseball. I honestly felt bad for Schaub on that throw it was such a choke job.

Schaub does not have to be perfect. This offense is so good that he is in the enviable position that he just needs to make the easy throws.
He just chokes.
Old 12-03-2010   #144
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81025 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not really upset about this loss; it's the one's to Dallas, Indy, and Jax that tick me off. None of those were excusable.

Old 12-03-2010   #145
2slik4u
All Pro

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 20242 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
always underthrows balls down field, throws a pick to a DT on a screen (how does that happen), then skips a ball to a guy 8 yards away. goodbye kubes, schaub, rick smith, and frank bush.
I am completely amazed at how you guys completely give up on our best players.

Schaub:

Our pro bowl QB who has single handedly kept us in ball games due to ability to get into rythms and connect with his WR's. He led the league last year in passing and is 6th on the all time single season passing record. His previous years were "on pace" (before injury of course) to be on par with his season last year.

He has two knocks on him. He was injury prone, which he is now completely shedding that image once he finishes his second straight year without missing a game and the other knock is his lack of a rocket arm and mobility.

I do agree that he underthrows our WRs, I think more so this year than I have ever seen in the past but give me a break. I believe we have a top 10 QB in the league. We now have a running game which is why he is not posting the inflated numbers as he did last year.

I know I know, we couldnt run the ball so thats why he had 4770 yards last year. If he wasnt worth a crap, there is no way we would have went 9-7 last year and he would have not led the league in his respective categories.

It is assenine to single out our pro bowl franchise QB seeing as how we have so many other issues.

You are just looking for things to ***** at now. I know we have completely run the "defense sucks" thread into the ground but choosing to say things like this is ridiculous.

You're probably on the Mario sucks bandwagon too huh?

This board wears me out sometimes but damnit, I must get on at least five times a day to get my Texans fix.

Old 12-03-2010   #146
panamamyers
Veteran

Rep Power: 1738 panamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
Guy, keep your college ball comparisons at home. This is the NFL. There are no Jerrod Johnsons here.
It's called an analogy.

The situations are identical, yet on different levels.

You have a fanbase that thinks you have bigger problems. You have a quarterback that knows how to make those mistakes at the critical points of the game that will cause you to lose.

I am sure that Texans Talk had some David Carr supporters too at the time.
I just hope that it doesn't take that long to figure out that Schaub doesn't have the goods.
Old 12-03-2010   #147
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13829 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Schaub is Brad Johnson. He's the type of guy you have fill in until a real qb gets to town.

No one is asking Schaub to be perfect. You have to be good enough to score more points than the other team. You don't see Vick crying because his defense let the Texans score twice and take a lead there in the 3rd quarter. He did what he had to do. He came back out and threw perfect passes. Schaub then came back out and choked a ball into the ground 3 feet in front of Walter on third down.

It reminded me of those catchers that have a mental block and have trouble throwing the ball back to the pitcher in baseball. I honestly felt bad for Schaub on that throw it was such a choke job.

Schaub does not have to be perfect. This offense is so good that he is in the enviable position that he just needs to make the easy throws.
He just chokes.
When Brad Johnson was in Tampa there defense was always ranked in the top 10. Everyone knows you have to score more points than the opponent to win. But when you already know your defense is going to give up 30 points before the game starts you are already putting pressure on your offense before they take the field. No offense in the NFL should be expected to put up more than 30-35 points a game every game just to have a chance at winning. The pass to Walter, OMG. If he had put it between the 8 and 3 it would have been a pick 6 or at best Walter would have been 1-2 yards short of the 1st down. He skipped that ball to Walter on purpose to avoid the INT, just like you see other QB's throw balls at receiver's feet intentionally to avoid intentional grounding calls.
Old 12-03-2010   #148
2slik4u
All Pro

Rep Power: 20242 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It's called an analogy.

The situations are identical, yet on different levels.

You have a fanbase that thinks you have bigger problems. You have a quarterback that knows how to make those mistakes at the critical points of the game that will cause you to lose.

I am sure that Texans Talk had some David Carr supporters too at the time.
I just hope that it doesn't take that long to figure out that Schaub doesn't have the goods.
How you managed to get 24 rep points amazes me.
Old 12-03-2010   #149
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 91809 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
and what kind of QB is that, Elite? I KNOW HE ISN'T and he NEVER will be with the mistakes he constantly makes. What the hell is so hard about understanding that logic? Schaub could EASILY be ranked up there with those QBs if he wasn't constantly killing drives with his stupid mistakes...

Constantly killing drives with his stupid mistakes while throwing for 18 touchdowns and 9 interceptions and 3000+ yards. This line of thinking is ridiculous and the fact that you want to replace him with himself (Sorry, Kolb's arm might be better in your head, but it has yet to proven consistently on the field since KEVIN KOLB CAN'T KEEP A STARTERS JOB). People talk about ball protection, Kolb certainly doesn't do that. You talk about "clutchness" and "being a winner" and Kolb is no more of a winner or is no more clutchy than Schaub is. If we are going to get rid of our QB it better be for an upgrade and not a ****ing lateral move.

Here's an idea from the same train of logic: Lets fire Frank Bush and hire Richard Smith as a DC. This can't go wrong can it?
Old 12-03-2010   #150
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3020 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The whole Schaub situation reminds me of Jerrod Johnson at A&M.

Aggie fans LOVED Jerrod Johnson. They thought he was the second coming of John Elway over there. Everyone else in the country knew that he was horrible and that the Aggies were doing what they were doing in spite of him.

Some Aggie fans finally started to wise up and call for Tannehill to come in and take over. Other were vehemently opposed. Jerrod is not the problem they would say. Look at all those numbers he puts up. He throws for a lot of yards sometimes. Jerrod is way down the list of problems.

I wanted them to keep Jerrod in there, because I am a Longhorn fan. I knew that Jerrod did the little things that ensured that they lost more than they won. He would get a sack here, a fumble there...whatever it took to make sure they got an L.

They have a winner at qb now, and the whole entire attitude has changed on the team.

You can say what you like about us needing to fix our defense. I could find 15-20 qb's in the NFL right this second that would have us sitting at 7-5
dude, just stop. you are posting foolishness and embarrassing yourself with such nonsense.
Old 12-03-2010   #151
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

We have the worst defense in NFL history, yet we're going to blame Schaub for a couple boneheaded plays?

We had the ball for 3 ****in minutes in the 1st quarter due to our defense's inability to get the hell off the field! Allowing the Eagles to convert a 3rd and 19 is absolutely pathetic? Every time the Eagles completed a pass our defender was 3-5 yards away from the WR. Shitty tackling + Shitty scheming = Worst defense ever

But let's blame Schaub? Maybe AJ and Foster too since they had a couple bad plays too?

Meh, I've been partially done with this team this year. Now I'm completely done for the season. If there aren't a few heads rolling after the season, I won't be as involved with this team next season either. I consider a lot of y'all good friends so I definitely will not be leaving the board
Old 12-03-2010   #152
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 91809 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

He just chokes.
So you're going to respond to my post by re-iterating that you have no idea what you are talking about. Gotcha.

What is it about you can't rely on your offense to score 35 points a game do you not understand? Why is this such a hard concept to grasp for people? You point out ONE ****ING PLAY where Schaub skips a ball on the ground and ignore THE ENTIRE FIRST AND FOURTH ****ING QUARTERS THE DEFENSE PLAYED.

The offense is not "so good he has to make easy throws". When you are down by 10 points or more constantly that changes the complexity of the offense to dropping back back 34 to 50 times. There is no offense where you drop back that many times to pass and all of them are easy throws, that's just a retarded opinion that nobody with the IQ of Peter King or better would ever hold.

And you don't see Vick crying about his defense because HO HO HO, they can hold a team to under 25 points every once in awhile. Now go and type something really dumb again so I or one of the other great posters here can take you to task again. It's fun.
Old 12-03-2010   #153
Texas T
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17309 Texas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2slik4u View Post
I am completely amazed at how you guys completely give up on our best players.

Schaub:

Our pro bowl QB who has single handedly kept us in ball games due to ability to get into rythms and connect with his WR's. He led the league last year in passing and is 6th on the all time single season passing record. His previous years were "on pace" (before injury of course) to be on par with his season last year.

He has two knocks on him. He was injury prone, which he is now completely shedding that image once he finishes his second straight year without missing a game and the other knock is his lack of a rocket arm and mobility.

I do agree that he underthrows our WRs, I think more so this year than I have ever seen in the past but give me a break. I believe we have a top 10 QB in the league. We now have a running game which is why he is not posting the inflated numbers as he did last year.

I know I know, we couldnt run the ball so thats why he had 4770 yards last year. If he wasnt worth a crap, there is no way we would have went 9-7 last year and he would have not led the league in his respective categories.

It is assenine to single out our pro bowl franchise QB seeing as how we have so many other issues.

You are just looking for things to ***** at now. I know we have completely run the "defense sucks" thread into the ground but choosing to say things like this is ridiculous.

You're probably on the Mario sucks bandwagon too huh?

This board wears me out sometimes but damnit, I must get on at least five times a day to get my Texans fix.

rep to you kind sir, I completely agree with you.

I really think that Schaub's issue this year is:

1. The line is not keeping defenders off of him so he's scrambling more and as we all know he is not the fleetist of foot.

2. He knows that winning the game rests on his shoulders. He knows that this defense is not going to help so he MUST get a touchdown EVERY possession. That fact causes him to either force throws (causes interceptions) or throw short (to not allow the interception). So he looks like he's doing a really bad job but he's trying to lead the team to wins, the D as it is right now does not help him.

That's the way I see it.
Old 12-03-2010   #154
2slik4u
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas T View Post
rep to you kind sir, I completely agree with you.

I really think that Schaub's issue this year is:

1. The line is not keeping defenders off of him so he's scrambling more and as we all know he is not the fleetist of foot.

2. He knows that winning the game rests on his shoulders. He knows that this defense is not going to help so he MUST get a touchdown EVERY possession. That fact causes him to either force throws (causes interceptions) or throw short (to not allow the interception). So he looks like he's doing a really bad job but he's trying to lead the team to wins, the D as it is right now does not help him.

That's the way I see it.
This is what Im thinking is causing the increase in underthrown balls this year as opposed to the past.

agreed.
Old 12-03-2010   #155
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 38175 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Just goes to show that SOME people around here aren't over 2006. Just saying...
Old 12-03-2010   #156
keyser
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24723 keyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
This team has a long term deficit in terms of how many high round draft picks have been spent on the secondary. We should have Revis and one of the better, young FSs on this team and we don't. That's the problem. I can't tell you we'd be on our way to the SB, but we'd be a LOT closer to making that run. I know we got KJ in the first round, but that had to be done just to replace Robinson....and we already had a problem. I hope that KJ will get better with experience. I don't know, but we can't spend two-thirds of every draft on DTs and TEs. We need a secondary.

We will continue to have this kind of D until we get one...
The problem is not that we've had too many DTs/TEs, to the lack of secondary. In fact, I think we've massively overdrafted on secondary, by the numbers. The problem has been (like you said), that we haven't spent our top round draft picks on the secondary.

Since Rick Smith came ('07-'10 drafts), we've had:
2007: secondary in rounds 4, 5; other defense rounds 1, 7; offense rounds 3, 5, 6 (plus round 2 for Schaub)
2008: secondary in rounds 3, 6; other defense rounds 4, 5; offense rounds 1, 3, 7 (plus round 2 for Schaub)
2009: secondary in rounds 4, 6, 7; other defense rounds 1, 2; offense rounds 3, 4, 5
2010: secondary in rounds 1, 6; other defense rounds 3, 4; offense rounds 2, 4, 6, 6, 7

So, we've had more picks (9) in the secondary than in the rest of the defense combined (8). (14 picks, or 16 if you count the 2 Schaub ones, were for offense).

When you look at where those picks fall, though, the average position of those picks has been in round 4.667 for the secondary, round 3.375 for the rest of the defense, and round 4.42 for the offese (4.125 if you count the Schaub picks).

So, there has actually been a lot more drafting of secondary than I'd have guessed, but they haven't picked them very high.
Old 12-03-2010   #157
jshabang
Quality Backup!

Rep Power: 90 jshabang is a quality contributor and well respectedjshabang is a quality contributor and well respectedjshabang is a quality contributor and well respectedjshabang is a quality contributor and well respectedjshabang is a quality contributor and well respectedjshabang is a quality contributor and well respectedjshabang is a quality contributor and well respectedjshabang is a quality contributor and well respectedjshabang is a quality contributor and well respectedjshabang is a quality contributor and well respectedjshabang is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2slik4u View Post
How you managed to get 24 rep points amazes me.
Old 12-03-2010   #158
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Is Jamarcus Russell starting somewhere?
I don't think there's a nickel's worth of difference between Jason Campbell, Bruce Gradkowski and Matt Schaub though.
Old 12-03-2010   #159
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Is Jamarcus Russell starting somewhere?
I don't think there's a nickel's worth of difference between Jason Campbell, Bruce Gradkowski and Matt Schaub though.
Ok ok I'll bite.

Campbell: 7 starts; 8 games. 1,322 yards - 7 TDs - 6 INTs. 75.8 QB Rating
Gradkowski: 4 starts; 6 games. 1,059 yards - 5 TDs - 6 INTs. 66.3 QB Rating
Schaub: 12 starts; 12 games. 3,089 yards - 17 TDs - 8 INTs. 93.2 QB Rating

Campbell/Gradkoski (combined): 2,381 yards - 12 TDs - 12 INTs

Schaub is having a pretty poor year by all of our standards.... but to say he's not any better than Campbell, Gradkowski... or that he's a bottom 5 QB in this league like I've read on here is asinine. I truly hope your emotions have gotten the best of you because of our subpar season and that 90% of your posts are not REALLY your true thoughts.
Old 12-03-2010   #160
2slik4u
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
I think this may be some part of the most elaborate scheme in history to steal a QB.

Maybe he is a Titan fan trying to implant the fact that Schaub sucks so we storm McNairs office and demand him to be released......therefore, Bud Adams can go and sign him.

Pretty far fetched I know, but there is no way anyone who knows anything about football let alone the Houston Texans can really feel this way.

This guy (panama) is wearin me out.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read